Princess offering Free cruises? Am I reading it wrong?

cruzsnooze

I have been sitting here on pins and needles for the last two days reading this thread, reading and rereading all the fine print on the Princess site and finally decided to talk to DH about it. (he thinks I am getting obsessed with CC and cruising:rolleyes:)

We just got home 10 days ago from 3 short B2B's on the Golden, getting us into Platinum loyalty level. Now you see what he is referring to?

Anyway, we are from Vancouver, so not exactly down the street, but just a short flight away - less than 3 hours. The way I am looking at it is this : I know for sure we will be cruising somewhere next year, on Princess. Even paying close to $400 p/p for airfare, and booking into a suite for $1200, any cruise we book next year we are up the difference of $800 each. I can't see anyway to lose on this, except a few days of our time, and what a way to waste some time...........

I am like you San Diego Sue, never ever cruised in a suite, highest category is balcony and not the highest category of these.

Anyway, I have a Vista Suite on hold, highest category that was left when I called and getting really excited about our first foray into the "suite life."

Per the T&C of this promotion: "The FCC must be applied to a future sailing departing before December 31, 2014."

Per the T&C of this promotion: the FCC "will be applicable to any 2013/2014 published future cruise that is 7 days or longer."

I stand corrected... thanks!:)

Wendy,

Wish you could have done this too.

Yesterday the ship had many cabins, now almost booked.

Anyone know if we get the standard credit for one cruise or if booking a suite

we get two? (not talking bout the money, just amount added for cruises taken).

When I booked our suite this morning, I confirmed with the Princess rep that we'll get double cruise credits. :)

Got some nice juicy details about this promo but I would recommend you take everything with a grain of salt. You really won't know what happens till you set sail, the funds hit your FCC, you book your future cruise and apply the credit to your cruise.

The information I received was that you will loose $100 per person on the fare since that amount ($100) is NCCF = Non-Commissionable Cruise Fare = Same as port charges. The rest of the fare would be available as a FCC for a 7+ day cruise in 2013 or 2014. I asked about stretching my FCC over 2 voyages of 7 days each or more. She was stumped by the question and even the help desk she had on hold was stumped if you could stretch your FCC till you use it all up or do you have do use it all on one booking?. The help desk associate had to ask another department probably the marketing department if you would be able to stretch out your fcc over 2 bookings. The final answer was you have to use it all up on 1 cruise and loose it after that. My personal opinion is that you will have it still in your FCC account and only the person who is programming the computer and credits will be able to apply policies and restrictions to the computer during programming the promotional FCC.

Everyone else seems to know nothing and has to ask 3 other people to get an answer. This promo is way to new and most reps have no clue about this but a piece of paper that gives you basic information. The rep did state the help desk lady told her I can expect the funds to hit my FCC one day after my cruise sets sail on the 29th since our cruise departs Oct 28th. We will be in San Diego on that day and at 4pm 1 hour before we leave San Diego. I will be calling customer service (personal cellphone while still in port) if I don't see my FCC hit to notify them about the issue. I am really hoping I can stretch the FCC to 2 bookings to get even a slicker deal but if it has to be used up on one than we will probably do a 10 day cruise or 7-8 day in a mini suite aboard one of the newer fancy ships.

Edited by faiz23

Yes confirmed that we will be getting 2 cruise credit with suite booking. One of the reasons I jumped up to a suite to get to platinum or elite a little quicker. We will be doing a future back to back cruise probably that will be 3 small cruises to get to the platinum or elite status even quicker. I am using all the tips, tricks and secrets to maximize my $$$ and plan many priceless princess vacations. Don't get me started on the huge glitch on one of the major travel website that practically gave me a free 7 night trip tp Vegas for 3 including staying at Bellagio and Aria along bunch of free tickets to madame Tussaud, grand canyon, food vouchers, cirque du soleil and a bunch more goodies for 10% of the actual cost ;) .

I wanted to clarify some confusion if this FCC promo applies to all passengers sailing or only 2 passengers. This promotion is available to all passengers including third and fourth. The SALE PRICING is only available to 2 passenger fares. The price will jump up for mini suite, balcony and suites if you have 1,3 or 4 passenger. The price for ocean view and interior is still eligible for the SALE fare for 3 passengers and (see attached. Now the only way to know 100% for sure is to book the cruise for 3 and find out. I personally think that the sale price only applies to 2 passenger booking but as long as you are booked all passengers who are paying for their cruise out of pocket will receive a credit for the amount paid out of pocket - $100 for NCCF charges.

Huge gamble but I am sure princess will stand behind their word after quoting multiple times the amount I would receive as FCC. I will have a blast with customer relations and social media if princess tries to play games and only award FCC to first and second passenger. Now if you read the fine print it speaks about the FARES and not the FCC promo. "These fares do not apply to singles or third/fourth-berth passengers. ". If you go through the booking you will see if you choose 1, 3 or 4 the pricing jumps up but all the way through the sale you will see the "SALE" banner and the information about the FCC promo at the bottom of the page.

Attached Files

Full page photo.pdf

Edited by faiz23

My goodness, it really depends who you talk with @ Princess. The first person I reached this morning told me the FCC absolutely had to be a new booking and could not be applied to a current booking. "A future cruise means just that and has to be a new booking. This is Princess policy and is nothing new." She was so rude and not helpful at all. I let her know I was hanging up to speak with someone who gave a crap. Must of had a rough weekend.

The second rep was just delightful and after checking she confirmed what I pretty much already knew. The FCC can and will be applied to a current future cruise, in fact we get to keep the 3 for 3 as well. I'm sorta regurgitating what I wrote in an earlier post about the deal. Just had to get the crabby rep off my chest

Can you guys post up the email if you received it stating the facts and details about this wonderful promotion. This sale / promo is so new and very little details about this promotion is available and most reps are not educated about this. The rooms will be sold out before most people figure out the fine print.

Can you guys post up the email if you received it stating the facts and details about this wonderful promotion. This sale / promo is so new and very little details about this promotion is available and most reps are not educated about this. The rooms will be sold out before most people figure out the fine print.

Post #125 above quotes the T&C in full. That's all we have that's official.

Post #125 above quotes the T&C in full. That's all we have that's official.

Other members here stated they receive an email that stated you have to book the future cruise within 60 days of your 2013 cruise that qualifies you for the FCC.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1726501&page=8

let me be the bearer of good tidings...just got an e-mail from my TA saying that WE ALL GET THE FUTURE CRUISE CREDIT EQUAL TO THE AMOUNT EACH PAID

Restrictions do apply, like it has to be booked within 60 days of the end of the cruise, etc.

I got the e-mail also.. what a nice surprize!
Edited by faiz23

Other members here stated they receive an email that stated you have to book the future cruise within 60 days of your 2013 cruise that qualifies you for the FCC.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1726501&page=8

Man, this is just getting crazier and crazier. Obviously there is no hint of a 60-day restriction in the only T&C visible on the Princess web site. It's not impossible that the TA who sent that email is wrong. But, who knows?

This is what I mean that no one has no clue and seems to be making up rules until all the rooms sell out. You think you have seen drama wait till people actually cruise and the FCC hits. Once we start to redeem the FCC or notice the wrong amount being credited. That is when princess and their customers will have a field day trying to decipher all the fine print and the intent of this promotion.

Edited by faiz23

This is what I mean that no one has no clue and seems to be making up rules until all the rooms sell out. You think you have seen drama wait till people actually cruise and the FCC hits. Once we start to redeem the FCC or notice the wrong amount being credited. That is when princess and their customers will have a field day trying to decipher all the fine print and the intent of this promotion.

I printed out the T&C. I doubt they will be viewable on the Princess site after October 31, when this promotion ends. I think if anyone anticipates any bumps in the road in applying their FCC, it would be a good idea to have a copy of the official T&C to support their case.

I printed out the T&C. I doubt they will be viewable on the Princess site after October 31, when this promotion ends. I think if anyone anticipates any bumps in the road in applying their FCC, it would be a good idea to have a copy of the official T&C to support their case.

Don't stress this was posted on page 3 but lost in all this excitement. I already saved all the screen shots I need and have plenty of ammunition to throw at princess if they try to play games. I love when companies play games because in the end they honor the original promo and give even more goodies or credits away to apologize for giving you the run around in the beginning.

Princess will not play games with the FCC since they want you to book a future cruise that will cost more than the FCC (that is what they are thinking while coming up with this promo). If you have already booked and plan to apply for the cruise you will be more inclined to upgrade with this discount or spend more on board. They want you to keep coming back and if they rub you the wrong way than you will share your experience with 10 other folks you know and tarnish the princess reputation with word of mouth.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40302925&postcount=60

princess.pdf

Full page photo.pdf

Edited by faiz23

Anybody having problems with Princess web site. When I try to book an balcony the web page goes crazy. Earlier today I saw a forward balcony, C704 at $788 for single. Now it's $1,218 for a forward on the C deck and that earlier stateroom is not available. I have been able to get through but there is no payment options at the bottom of the page. I'm trying to book the 4 day out of LA with San Diego and Ensenada. Anybody else had any problems or were able to get through.

Can I use this FCC to my December holiday cruise on the Grand, already paid for, and upgrade to a mini suite or apply it to my existing reservation for a 17 day cruise next fall?

Thanks!

Tom:)

Prices have definitely jumped up at the $788 has jumped to $938 and $1218 has jumped up to $1518. Either the computer saw a spike in demand and adjusted the price to bring demand to the point of profit maximization by pricing it higher and then eventually bringing it back down. The other reason could be princess marketing department manually went in and increased all cabins to help offset the FCC they are giving away.

edit: Prices for my booking on the 28th is still the same but availability on mini suites and suites is sold out and balcony is very very few left. Either rooms will be sold out or prices will increase which puts a dent in someones plan. BTW found an awesome awesome slickdeal from delta airlines. You ready don't get all excited and slip off the edge of your chair. Houston to Hawaii any time during the year for $393.30 OTD round trip. Really thinking about booking a flight. You can also fly out of Denver or Newark.

Houston-Honolulu: $396.30

Denver-Honolulu: $407.80

Newark-Honolulu: $421.37

Edited by faiz23

Please look at my web shot. Notice no option for payment at the bottom.

Any thoughts?

I am able to book that exact A614 room and check out by holding the room or using a card. I would clear your cookies, history and cache or try a different browser / computer.

A614.pdf

VISA.pdf

Edited by faiz23

I am able to book that exact A614 room and check out by holding the room or using a card. I would clear your cookies, history and cache or try a different browser / computer.

Thanks! I tried 3 different browsers including my I Pad with the same results. I'll try again tomorrow.

Here's the message that I get from Princess "It appears that something has gone wrong and we were not able to continue to the next step. •Please wait a few minutes and then attempt to proceed with your booking. Alternatively you may call us at the number listed at the top of this web page. We’d be happy to answer your questions and complete your cruise booking by phone."

Edited by trbarton

I put my cabin on hold yesterday morning. When I was sure I wanted the cruise, called Princess direct to apply my FCC and balance on credit card. In the initial booking process it asked if wanting to apply FCC

When I went back in to pay, only showed credit card area, so that is why I called Princess to do it.

I always start the booking on the web to see everything and then call to really book so that I'm sure all the details are correct.

I don't understand why you (Tom) didn't just call and finish the booking?

BTW -We booked for Nov. 1 and I just checked and am seeing the same prices I saw yesterday am.

If you are using this cruise for a future, longer, cruise, what would be the difference if the price went up? It would just mean you'll have more to apply towards that next cruise.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Edited by chamima

You don't want to pay more for a balcony today compared to yesterday if the price went up. Most would research how much money they need for 2014 and book a cruise today for 2013 that resembles in dollar value what they plan to spend in 2014. If we are able to have all the FCC just sit in a bucket and we can use it up till it is gone would be awesome. If you can only apply it to one voyage than you don't want to have any left over FCC since you had to pay more for the 2013 cruise due to fare hike.

I prefer if prices stay stable but I can tell you that as soon as this promo came out mini suite prices jumped up. They use to be $429 and now the same one is $799 but you get FCC. I booked 3 people in a mini suite for $429 each and was going to get that back as a FCC. Now the mini suites jumped up to $799 it made sense to switch to a suite to get more FCC for 2014 but the suite I chose and price I wanted had to be close to what I plan to spend on 2014. I don't like spending any more than I have to and I don't like leaving money on the table either. ;)