Princess offering Free cruises? Am I reading it wrong?

cruzsnooze

RedHat... all cabin categories are going fast. If you wait until your TA returns, it's possible there may not be a cabin to book. FYI, the offer reads that the FCC can be applied to sailings 7 days or longer.

Edited by Sandy R

I just saw this the other day and immediately called Princess and booked it. I was watching the suites fill up fast as I was perusing the cruises and didn’t want to waste time trying to contact my TA.

We already had a Hawaii cruise booked in a mini for January 14 and Princess told me the money spent on this would be sent back to my credit card as soon as this one was completed. Since this made ANY cabin free, we chose a full balcony suite.

SWEET!!!!!

No 'fact' has ever been determined on cruise critic.

Yup ti’s true. Princess told me that any money (fare only, not taxes etc.) spent on this cruise would be refunded back to my credit card since I already paid in full for January’s cruise. I must complete this cruise first. Call them yourself, but 15 of my 17 princess cruises were booked through Princess and they have never lead me astray.

Are we able to use the FCC for 2 of the 7+ day cruises or only 1 cruise. I still think we can use it on as many 7 day cruising in 2014 till we exhaust all our FCC but princess is saying otherwise. As anyone applied their FCC from this dealto 2 separate cruises or only 1 cruises

This is all very confusing. There are a couple of promos right now. One shows up in the PCL web page about the 3 and 4 day cruises.

For those of us who booked the 4 dayer a year ago, there is an email promo which lets us use the cost of our cruise toward a 7--SEVEN dayer before 2014.

That promo can't be used for a future 3 or 4 dayer or a back to back..

Pat

Are we able to use the FCC for 2 of the 7+ day cruises or only 1 cruise. I still think we can use it on as many 7 day cruising in 2014 till we exhaust all our FCC but princess is saying otherwise. As anyone applied their FCC from this dealto 2 separate cruises or only 1 cruises
I was told only one FCC per cruise so if you took one qualifying cruise and don't use it all you loose it.

I was told only one FCC per cruise so if you took one qualifying cruise and don't use it all you loose it.

We are on a B2B2B2B, starting on 10/24. Talking with a Princess supervisor, I'm told that I can combine as many of the 4 b2b's on to one 7 night or longer cruise, or more than one 7 night cruise, as long as the FCC's are used by December 31, 2014.

Rick

We are on a B2B2B2B, starting on 10/24. Talking with a Princess supervisor, I'm told that I can combine as many of the 4 b2b's on to one 7 night or longer cruise, or more than one 7 night cruise, as long as the FCC's are used by December 31, 2014.

Rick

I think what everyone is saying is that you have to use them in 4 future cruises.

You are taking 4 cruises so you get 4 cruises to use the FCCs.

I don't think they would help with a 5th cruise. (If what people are saying is correct.)

I think what everyone is saying is that you have to use them in 4 future cruises.

You are taking 4 cruises so you get 4 cruises to use the FCCs.

I don't think they would help with a 5th cruise. (If what people are saying is correct.)

What I'm actually saying is that you CAN use all of your FCC's on just one cruise.......of 7 nights or longer, if you wish.;)

Rick

Yes, that's fine.

What people were asking was about not using the FCC up on a cruise and wanted to know if they could use it for 2 cruises.

Example: My 3 day cruise in the Owner's Suite (this is an example, NOT my situation) costs $3000 so I have a $3000 FCC.

My 7 day cruise in January costs $2000 so I have an extra $1000.

Can I take a second cruise with that $1000.

Princess says no.

There seems to be so much confusion around this promotion. I think this is because it seems one person is told one thing by one Princess rep, then a second person is told a different thing by a different Princess rep. A perfect example: someone posted above that they were told they could use their FCC earned on a single qualify cruise for multiple 7+-day cruises as long as the FCC lasts and is used on a departure before 12/31/2014 (this is what I was also told by Princess when I booked my Nov. 1 cruise). Another posted (actually, chamima just posted while I was drafting this) that we could only use our FCC on a single upcoming cruise.

I don't think we'll know for sure until people start trying to apply their FCCs. Personally, I really hope that we can use the FCC we'll earn on our Nov. 1 cruise for 2 cheaper 7-day cruises. :)

Edited by Frugalist

There seems to be so much confusion around this promotion. I think this is because it seems one person is told one thing by one Princess rep, then a second person is told a different thing by a different Princess rep. A perfect example: someone posted above that they were told they could use their FCC earned on a single qualify cruise for multiple 7+-day cruises as long as the FCC lasts and is used on a departure before 12/31/2014 (this is what I was also told by Princess when I booked my Nov. 1 cruise). Another posted (actually, chamima just posted while I was drafting this) that we could only use our FCC on a single upcoming cruise.

I don't think we'll know for sure until people start trying to apply their FCCs. Personally, I really hope that we can use the FCC we'll earn on our Nov. 1 cruise for 2 cheaper 7-day cruises. :)

I was just repeating what i read here.

I never asked that question.

I booked our 3 day cabin based on the price of the one future cruise we plan to take.

EDIT: I did ask if there were any FCC left could we use it as onboard credit and was told 3 times by three different Princess reps - NO!

Edited by chamima

I was just repeating what i read here.

I never asked that question.

Gotcha! I misunderstood the last line in your previous post, where you said Princess said no. ;)

I booked our 3 day cabin based on the price of the one future cruise we plan to take.

On the other hand, we can easily cover our next TWO 7-day cruises with the FCC we'll get on this one 3-day cruise. We usually book in steerage. :)

What I don’t understand is what Princess gets out of it.

I already booked and paid for my January cruise. I booked a Penthouse Suite for 11/4 afterwards. They said they would reimburse my credit card for the full fare. On top of that, I’m getting $50 OBC for an old FFC and another $50 OBC for stock on the 11/4 cruise.

Makes me happy….

The only thing I can figure out is that if the ship sails empty there is no on board revenue like drinks, gambling and tips for the crew.

I think it's to Princess benefit to sail these ships full even with giving us the FCCs (towards another cruise where we will hopefully also spend on board)

Also, I'm willing to bet that not everybody will use 100% of the FCC that they receive.

Think about retail gift cards or prepaid debit cards. I'm sure companies make tons of money selling cards that are later lost or forgotten about and never used up.

Unlike with unused gift cards or prepaid debit cards, Princess only has to wait until January 1, 2015 to realize the income from expired FCCs earned through this promotion. I think Princess will make out nicely on this deal.

Also, I'm willing to bet that not everybody will use 100% of the FCC that they receive.

Think about retail gift cards or prepaid debit cards. I'm sure companies make tons of money selling cards that are later lost or forgotten about and never used up.

Unlike with unused gift cards or prepaid debit cards, Princess only has to wait until January 1, 2015 to realize the income from expired FCCs earned through this promotion. I think Princess will make out nicely on this deal.

WE here in OZ are so so so very jealous of the offers you folks get and we do not Bah sucks Princess for us:(

Although it does not assist me I would love to clarify If you have the (mentioned above possible over allowance of $1000 FCC )is this on your account on board and can be used for your payments and drinks etc on that booked cruise?:)