Princess offering Free cruises? Am I reading it wrong?

cruzsnooze

OH, John! Your saga with Princess doesn't seem to end. :(

I'm really sorry!

When I read your post I decided to check our Circle Savings account and the extra $300 from our cruise still shows as "active".

Our Circle Savings accounts showed the correct amounts as Cruise Credits as late as December 5, two days before our recent cruise departed. It wasn't until last night that I discovered our CS accounts were empty.

Before booking the Nov. 1 cruise I was told by two different Princess reps that the FCC could be applied to multiple qualifying cruises until used up. I asked once when I called to put a hold on a cabin. I asked again when I called back to finalize and pay for the booking. If I had been told otherwise, we would never have booked that cruise since we weren't planning on cruising again (other than our already-booked Dec. 7 cruise) before the end of 2014.

I'll be calling shortly and will report the results of that call.

I just received an email solicitation this morning to remind me that I can still book these 'free' cruises through the end of the year. Complete with a countdown clock. I was amused by the clock, as it still had many days to run. Hardly compelling. And, the subject was "last chance to book"... ....somehow, I doubt it. I looked at the Ruby cruises from Ft. Lauderdale. To me, the itineraries are pointless. Way to many vacation days for the number of ports. Even for 'free'.

A summary of this morning's call:

Front line CSR transferred me to Customer Relations, who could see our FCCs but couldn't understand why they weren't being applied to our new March booking. Put me on hold to discuss with a higher-up.

After a 10-15 minute hold, she came back with the single-cruise restriction line. I then explained to her the Terms and Conditions (T&C) at the time we booked (Oct. 14) and how I was assured twice that the FCC could be used on multiple future qualifying cruises. Put back on hold while she talked with "upper management."

She came back and said that everything they could see had the word, "single." I suggested that it seems that Princess changed the T&C of the promotion several days after it went live. She asked me if I had printed out the T&C. I told her I had copied and pasted them into a Word document along with the T&C of the current promotion. She asked me if I would email her a copy of the document, which I did. She said when she receives it, she will forward it to "upper management" who will look at in and decide the fate of our FCCs. She we call me back in a day or two when she hears of the decision.

She extended the hold on our March booking until this is resolved. She also "protected" the sale price, which is scheduled to expire after Dec. 20.

So, I'm hanging here in limbo. To be continued.

A summary of this morning's call:

Front line CSR transferred me to Customer Relations, who could see our FCCs but couldn't understand why they weren't being applied to our new March booking. Put me on hold to discuss with a higher-up.

After a 10-15 minute hold, she came back with the single-cruise restriction line. I then explained to her the Terms and Conditions (T&C) at the time we booked (Oct. 14) and how I was assured twice that the FCC could be used on multiple future qualifying cruises. Put back on hold while she talked with "upper management."

She came back and said that everything they could see had the word, "single." I suggested that it seems that Princess changed the T&C of the promotion several days after it went live. She asked me if I had printed out the T&C. I told her I had copied and pasted them into a Word document along with the T&C of the current promotion. She asked me if I would email her a copy of the document, which I did. She said when she receives it, she will forward it to "upper management" who will look at in and decide the fate of our FCCs. She we call me back in a day or two when she hears of the decision.

She extended the hold on our March booking until this is resolved. She also "protected" the sale price, which is scheduled to expire after Dec. 20.

So, I'm hanging here in limbo. To be continued.

They REALLY need to make this right for you!

Otherwise the term "false advertising" comes to mind. :(

We are having a similar issue with the FCC promotion. We booked on October 14 for the November 1 Golden Princess sailing in the Grand Suite. $1749 PP. We planned to apply this amount to two sailing using my credit on one sailing and applying my wife's FCC to sailing number two. I too went through the whole food chain on the phone, but at the end was told that the terms and conditions state that we cannot use the credits in that matter.

I took a screen shot of the terms and conditions during my booking and it does not state the single voyage terms.

Keep the fight going, you are not the only one they are hearing from.

We are having a similar issue with the FCC promotion. We booked on October 14 for the November 1 Golden Princess sailing in the Grand Suite. $1749 PP. We planned to apply this amount to two sailing using my credit on one sailing and applying my wife's FCC to sailing number two. I too went through the whole food chain on the phone, but at the end was told that the terms and conditions state that we cannot use the credits in that matter.

I took a screen shot of the terms and conditions during my booking and it does not state the single voyage terms.

Keep the fight going, you are not the only one they are hearing from.

If I may ask, how do you plan to follow up on their refusal to honor their own Terms and Conditions of this promotion?

Edited by Frugalist
spelling

If I may ask, how do you plan to follow up on their refusal to honor their own Terms and Conditions of this promotion?

Right now we have one cruise booked, instead of two. I'm going to follow up after the holidays are over and revisit the issue when I have more time to devote to the battle. We are not planning on taking any Princess trips until September of 2014. We have time and I will get my value in the end. But, I do find it interesting that they are happier with me taking one trip instead of two. Let us know how your issue goes and keep the postings up to date. I know that there are more of us out there and more coming with the current promotion.

Anyone had the thought that a new thread making this problem clear or a Facebook post may be the way to go?

It might be premature but they seem to respond to public forums and the problem might be getting lost in the original title of this thread.

Hubby figured out--beware, you will be paying the full brochure price for the future cruise that you wish to apply the credit to now. We had been considering the deal, too. And, only certain cruises are allowed, not all cruises listed. No real savings.

Lynne

Anyone had the thought that a new thread making this problem clear or a Facebook post may be the way to go?

It might be premature but they seem to respond to public forums and the problem might be getting lost in the original title of this thread.

A new thread might be a good idea. Reduce the possibility of current issues not being seen because they're at the end of a long thread. Who wants to start it? ;)

I don't have a Facebook account, but I've heard that companies often respond quickly and favorably to customer support issues posted on social media sites. Hopefully someone with a Facebook account who is encountering issues similar to those raised here can post something on Facebook.

We sailed on a 3 day West Coast 3 day on 12/1 and the credit was applied to our discounted Grand Asia sailing on 4/3/14, so the future cruise credit can be applied to a discounted fare.

I am sailing on 1/24 on a 4 day Coastal and that fare can be applied also to the Asia fare according to Princess.

Hubby figured out--beware, you will be paying the full brochure price for the future cruise that you wish to apply the credit to now. We had been considering the deal, too. And, only certain cruises are allowed, not all cruises listed. No real savings.

Lynne

Not true.

a) You book the cruise at a price you like. Then you have the FCC applied. Price does not go up when you ask ofr the FCC to be appied.

b) The FCC can be applied to any cruise 7 days or longer in 2014. Which cruise did you not see it being able to be used for?

Edited by caribill

That does not seem right at all. There was no restriction that the same two people who received the FCCs had to cruise again together to use the FCCs.

Of course you do want to cruise together, but nothing said both people's FCCs had to be used on the same cruise.

Caribill,

I'll get back to you. Trevor is sleeping, but he went in to investigate and said that he saw somewhere that the cruises were restricted to certain ones, and that the hitch was that it's brochure prices. He was sitting here verifying what I posted earlier. Leave it to us to add to the confusion. :(

Lynne

Lynne

Not so. I used the credit and applied it to a heavily discounted trip out of Houston without any problem. I just called and booked directly with Princess. No problems they indicated that I had the credit and asked if I wanted to apply it. Also used my previously purchased onboard FCC so there was no conflict there as well.

Edited by RDC1

Not so. I used the credit and applied it to a heavily discounted trip out of Houston without any problem. I just called and booked directly with Princess. No problems they indicated that I had the credit and asked if I wanted to apply it. Also used my previously purchased onboard FCC so there was no conflict there as well.

Having kept my bar membership despite retirement, I read the terms and conditions very carefully. I did not see any "brochure price" restriction.

Just heard back from Customer Relations rep. Bottom line: Princess upper management refuses to honor their Terms and Conditions and reneges on assurances provided by their front-line sales reps. They have taken our $1520 FCC and will not apply them to a 2nd qualifying future cruise. I don't know where to turn. The CR rep said the issue has gone as far as it will go within the company (up to the Customer Relations Manager).

He believes he was on the Vacations To Go site. So perhaps they have restrictions. There was definitely a possibility that VTG only had selected cruise options available. We have another Princess email about the 100% offer on 3-4 day cruises so I'll check that out.

Lynne

Having kept my bar membership despite retirement, I read the terms and conditions very carefully. I did not see any "brochure price" restriction.

Wehwalt, I may be in need of good legal advice and/or services soon. Read my post just above this one.

Edited by Frugalist

Just heard back from Customer Relations rep. Bottom line: Princess upper management refuses to honor their Terms and Conditions and reneges on assurances provided by their front-line sales reps. They have taken our $1520 FCC and will not apply them to a 2nd qualifying future cruise. I don't know where to turn. The CR rep said the issue has gone as far as it will go within the company (up to the Customer Relations Manager).

May I make a suggestion? Take that $1520 and use it on the cruise you booked that qualified and upgrade to a more expensive cabin or cancel/transfer the other booking with the FCC so you can book a longer more expensive cruise and incorporate this $1520 into that instead of wasting it.

May I make a suggestion? Take that $1520 and use it on the cruise you booked that qualified and upgrade to a more expensive cabin or cancel/transfer the other booking with the FCC so you can book a longer more expensive cruise and incorporate this $1520 into that instead of wasting it.

Thanks for the suggestion, but that cruise has already been sailed.

Thank you for all your clarifications. They are appreciated. I would hate to be spreading false information. Hubby is thinking that perhaps he jumped to conclusions, as the dates he was looking at to sail were not discounted.

It always wise to have a lawyer among us to help us along. :) There was real thought about taking one of the 4-5 day cruises shortly, but something stopped him. I wouldn't want others to give up a great cruise on our account.

Thanks again. I am happy that we can all help each other climb mountains or climb out of holes. ;)

Happy Cruising! Lynne

Thanks for the suggestion, but that cruise has already been sailed.

Which cruise has sailed, the one where you got the credit or the one where you used the credit? Weren't you on the same Golden princess sailing as me in Nov?

Edited by cruzsnooze

Which cruise has sailed, the one where you got the credit or the one where you used the credit? Weren't you on the same Golden princess sailing as me in Nov?

Yes he (and I) were on the same cruise as you.

He used a very small portion of his FCC on a cruise last week and had intended to use the large portion left on a longer cruise this coming year.