Princess offering Free cruises? Am I reading it wrong?

cruzsnooze

We sailed on the Golden Oct. 28 to Nov 1 in a Penthouse Suite. We also received a complimentary specialty restaurant dinner on the first night. We chose the Crown Grill... it's our favorite. We also received $1299 each toward another cruise 2013/2014. P.S... breakfast at Sabatini's was wonderful.

We sailed on the Golden Oct. 28 to Nov 1 in a Penthouse Suite. We also received a complimentary specialty restaurant dinner on the first night. We chose the Crown Grill... it's our favorite. We also received $1299 each toward another cruise 2013/2014. P.S... breakfast at Sabatini's was wonderful.

I just checked out My Princess and don't see my credit from the cruise on the Golden we left today. Do you know how long it took for it to show up in your account? And where did you find it? Thanks!

I left the Golden Friday Nov 1st and had the credit in my account when I checked late at night. I have a feeling the money was in my account before I left the cruise on the third or fourth day. I called in on Saturday 1 day after leaving the cruise and verified the amount of FCC my son had in his account. I would check your Circle Savings Account

CSA.pdf

Edited by faiz23

We had a vista suite and when we checked while on board, I think on the 29th, we each had $1199 credit showing.

We had our free dinner in sabitini's as we hadn't tried it before and really enjoyed it. We loved the other suite perks too - the specialty breakfasts, the room service with same meals as MDR, complimentary laundry and dry cleaning, fresh flowers in our room, and the spaciousness of the suite and balcony.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for your replies :) I just checked my Circle Savings Account, and the credit isn't there. Perhaps it will show up tomorrow. If not soon, I will call them. Maybe they are not fully staffed to process these credits during the weekend.

My take is that they are not selling well!

3 to 4 day cruises are pretty short, and I know when we looked, we didn't want to do something that short. 5 days was perfect for us and really allowed us to get a good taste of cruising.

Thanks for your replies :) I just checked my Circle Savings Account, and the credit isn't there. Perhaps it will show up tomorrow. If not soon, I will call them. Maybe they are not fully staffed to process these credits during the weekend.

I called Princess today after the cruise credits for the Nov 1 cruise posted but the FCC hadn't. I think that the late departure on Friday may have had something to do with it (we left at 9:00 so passengers stuck at LAX could get to the ship), but in any event, the CSR had no problem applying our credit to a future cruise.:D

Friends on the 10/24 reported being able to book their future cruise using the FCC while on the second day of their cruise (which was a Friday).

FYI....I was on the 4 day October 28 - November 1 cruise. I talked to Princess about my credit. I was told by both my T/A and an officer on board the Golden that the credit would be applied to my Credit Card as my next cruise was already paid in full. Princess rep left a message with the Revenue Support Department which was closed. I'll post tomorrow when I get more information.

Tom:)

FYI....I was on the 4 day October 28 - November 1 cruise. I talked to Princess about my credit. I was told by both my T/A and an officer on board the Golden that the credit would be applied to my Credit Card as my next cruise was already paid in full. Princess rep left a message with the Revenue Support Department which was closed. I'll post tomorrow when I get more information.

Tom - please keep us updated!

Sue from Fairfield, CA

FYI...After a long talk with Princess and a email from my T/A I am being refunded back to my Credit Card the full amount of my cruise. Yea:D

If you have an existing booking that is already paid in full make sure that you explain that to Princess because when they apply the cruise credit to your current paid in full reservation you have overpaid and as a result will get the money back.

FYI...After a long talk with Princess and a email from my T/A I am being refunded back to my Credit Card the full amount of my cruise. Yea:D

If you have an existing booking that is already paid in full make sure that you explain that to Princess because when they apply the cruise credit to your current paid in full reservation you have overpaid and as a result will get the money back.

Has anyone in this situation received the actual credit card refund yet?

I contacted a Princess rep on Tuesday November 5, shortly after my FCC was credited to my Captain's Circle account. She applied part of the FCC to our December 7 cruise, which was fully paid for. She advised that the application of the FCC will result in a refund to our credit card for the full cruise fare we paid for the December 7 cruise and will appear on our credit card in 3-5 business days.

I know it's not yet 3-5 business days, but I'm wondering if anyone in the same situation has seen the refund hit their credit card yet.

In the Cruise Credits section of My Princess, we can see the FCC was applied to our upcoming cruise. And that section also shows our remaining FCC to be applied to a later cruise once we decide where and when we want to go. So far, everything about this promotion is being handled exactly as expected. Just waiting on this one last step.

We just got off yesterday, and the refund was already posted. They said it would be refunded to my cc since I paid for our Jan cruise, but I need to call and remind them.

Sabatini’s was great on the first night as it was each morning. Got my shoes polished but they would only do laundry not dry cleaning since it was only a 3 day cruise. I didn’t push it.

Wow being in a penthouse suite can spoil you – even in 3 days!

I got off the Golden Nov 7 and see my FCC. I called princess to apply it to my March 1 2014 cruise and they said the FCC wasn't available yet, what? It's already posted in my cruise personalizer .

HUCA - Hang up, call again. Hope that next time you get a rep who knows what they're talking about. ;)

We just got off yesterday, and the refund was already posted. They said it would be refunded to my cc since I paid for our Jan cruise, but I need to call and remind them.

Sabatini’s was great on the first night as it was each morning. Got my shoes polished but they would only do laundry not dry cleaning since it was only a 3 day cruise. I didn’t push it.

Agreed! We did the 3-day cruise in a Vista suite in the back. We could sure get used to cruising that way. It'll be hard going back to an obstructed outside for our next cruise. Oh well ... at least we can console ourselves with the fact that that one, and the next one, will be covered by the FCC we got last week. :)

Has anyone in this situation received the actual credit card refund yet?

Our credit was applied to a cruise that we already paid in full. Called my TA (actually to book another cruise) and talked about the "already paid" situation. When he looked into it, he said that not only did it get put on a paid for cruise, but it was applied as a CHARGE not a credit. WHAT!? He was on the phone with Princess for about 15 minutes and the result was a lower fare on the paid in full cruise and the credit has been applied to a cruise that is NOT paid in full. Whew!

I just got back from a B2B on the Golden and had a suite, they did my laundry and dry cleaning.

Has anyone tried to use the FCC on multiple bookings that are longer than 7 days or are you able to apply the FCC to only 1 booking. I want your opinion if you have attempted to apply the FCC through princess not based on assumptions and theories.

Me too Shasta troy - we had a vista suite - loved every minute of it.

We saw the charge for our laundry and dry cleaning - it was $68, charged and then credited back to our account.

Plus sabitinis breakfast, dinner in sabitinis, all that space. Felt really spoiled.

Now that credit, as of today, is being applied towards Regal Princess Venice to Barcelona cruise next August.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Edited by bigenna

Has anyone tried to use the FCC on multiple bookings that are longer than 7 days or are you able to apply the FCC to only 1 booking. I want your opinion if you have attempted to apply the FCC through princess not based on assumptions and theories.

An FCC can only be applied to a single booking number.

An FCC can only be applied to a single booking number.

Not true.

The FCC from the original (100% ) offer can be applied to multiple bookings.

I tried to book our cabin on the Golden based on what I expected our cruise on the Royal next year to cost. Then Monday morning I woke up to a drastic price reduction on that cruise.

We paid for it with the FCC from the Golden cruise and currently have $300 each in our accounts to apply to a second future cruise.

We weren't planning on sailing on Princess again in 2014 but may reconsider now.

Oh and to address the "no dry cleaning " remark.

When I tried to give our dry cleaning to the steward he said something like "You know this isn't really dry cleaning. It's a wet cleaning or something".

I know Princess switched from the chemical dry cleaning process several years ago so I knew what he was trying to warn us about and told him we were fine with that.

Perhaps the person who thought there was no dry cleaning on the short cruise misunderstood that warning.

That said - I try VERY hard never to give any of my good clothes to any cruiseline to clean. The stuff I send to their "dry cleaning" is mostly stuff I would cold water wash at home.

Edited by chamima