Princess offering Free cruises? Am I reading it wrong?

cruzsnooze

Wow. That's interesting. If I knew that, I would've booked the Grand Suite! I don't think I can switch now without a cancellation penalty on my Vista suite, right? :)

I wonder why those higher category suites don't have the red "Sale" tag? Hmmmm.

I also think ANY of the suites qualified.

I booked on the phone with a Princess rep, gave her my TA's name and then had the TA take over the booking. I think you get 24 hours to change a booking with no penalty - call Princess to make sure of all of this.

)

Do you have any idea what breakfast in Sabatinis is like? Other than atmosphere, and a free Mimosa, how is it different from breakfast in the MDR?

Cappuccino! :D

Off topic - how do I send you, or anyone else, a private message?

Other than through email (which I don't want to put on an active thread like this) I don't know how to do it.

I wonder if there's a Roll Call for this short cruise?

Other than through email (which I don't want to put on an active thread like this) I don't know how to do it.

I wonder if there's a Roll Call for this short cruise?

I don't blame you for not wanting your email address out there. I wouldn't either. I'm just surprised this forum doesn't seem to have private messaging capability. Oh well.

11/1/13 Grand Roll Call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1908351

I also think ANY of the suites qualified.

I booked on the phone with a Princess rep, gave her my TA's name and then had the TA take over the booking. I think you get 24 hours to change a booking with no penalty - call Princess to make sure of all of this.

Actually, now that it's booked, we are absolutely thrilled right where we are. This is going to be some treat for us. We usually book into the brig. Or the cheapest room on the ship. ;) For us, this promo is equivalent to a Buy-1-Get-2.5-Free sale.

I somehow thought I was coming out ahead even WITH the airfare but as I go over the figures I think I might have made a mistake. We come out even except for the airfare. :o

Oh well, it'll be a really nice 3 day weekend.

We've been to Ensenada - don't bother getting off the ship!

Just booked the Nov 4 golden princess as a single (unfortunately, hubby can't go as its too short notice).

Booked guarantee interior for $304.69 total and was assured by princess rep that I will get $254 as FCC (that I will need to use for a 7+ day cruise by dec 2014).

Woohoo, 3 day cruise for effectively just paying the $50.69 port charges and taxes.

On the cruise, I will also pre pay the future deposit for our 2014 cruise to get onboard credit since I now know we will definitely be cruising on another princess cruise 2014.

Edited by Cruisin' Lisa

I noticed as well only certain rooms and suites had the SALE and I brought this up to princess. My travel online website along with princess both said the whole boat is qualified for the promo as long as you are on the qualified voyages. I picked the midship penthouse for $1299 versus vista aft suite for $1199. Customer service confirmed that I would be received $3247 as a FCC. My question is if we do not use all the FCC for a 7 day or longer cruise. Do we still get to use the rest of the FCC after sailing on the 7 day or longer cruise and use it for shorter cruise or does all of it have to be used in one sailing and you loose what ever is left over.

Knew about the offer but until I read all your posts about booking a full suite, I would never have thought to do that. Just booked a full suite on the Oct. 28, 4 night on the Golden. Really excited... and looking forward to having breakfast at Sabatini's! We've eaten breakfast there a few times before and it is amazing. I also called Princess before booking with our TA. The cruise fare for this cruise will definitely apply to our previously booked Hawaii cruise next April. What a no-brainer!!

Good thing you went with the less expensive suite (Vista suite, right?). Looking at the Nov. 1 cruise, it doesn't look like any of the higher-priced suites qualify for this promotion. When you look at the specific cabins, you want to make sure they have the red "Sale" flag attached. Only Vistas and lower categories have that. Even the mid-ship mini-suites don't have the red "Sale" flag.

I don't mind Princess holding our money for a few months. It's earning diddly in the bank. ;)

Do you have any idea what breakfast in Sabatinis is like? Other than atmosphere, and a free Mimosa, how is it different from breakfast in the MDR?

Off topic - how do I send you, or anyone else, a private message?

Breakfast in Sabatinis is FANTASTIC.... A little more upscale than MDR

I noticed as well only certain rooms and suites had the SALE and I brought this up to princess. My travel online website along with princess both said the whole boat is qualified for the promo as long as you are on the qualified voyages. I picked the midship penthouse for $1299 versus vista aft suite for $1199. Customer service confirmed that I would be received $3247 as a FCC. My question is if we do not use all the FCC for a 7 day or longer cruise. Do we still get to use the rest of the FCC after sailing on the 7 day or longer cruise and use it for shorter cruise or does all of it have to be used in one sailing and you loose what ever is left over.

I was told we could use it for multiple future cruises as long as they depart by 12/31/14. ;)

I got this in an email. It almost makes me cry. There's no way my wife can get free during this time frame. I could fit the 4-day departing on the 28th into my work schedule but my wife is totally booked at work. GAH!!! :eek:

Received this message from Princess today. See attachment.

From Princess "Above fares are based on Golden Princess® 10/21/13 and 10/28/13. Book a qualifying voyage by October 31, 2013 and 100% of the cruise fare will be available as a future cruise credit (FCC) that will be applicable to any 2013/2014 published future cruise that is 7 days or longer. Once the qualifying voyage has sailed, an FCC will automatically be applied to passengers’ Captains Circle member number. The FCC must be applied to a future sailing departing before December 31, 2014.

Tom:)

Document4.pdf

If that is the case that we can apply it to multiple booking that would be even better. My question is do they all have to be 7 day or longer cruise or could you do one 7 day cruise and one 3 day cruise with the left over funds. I am guessing all cruises booked using this promo will have to be 7 days or longer if you want to take advantage of the FCC.

Not quite true... they have to be booked by 12/31/14....

Per the T&C of this promotion: "The FCC must be applied to a future sailing departing before December 31, 2014."

If that is the case that we can apply it to multiple booking that would be even better. My question is do they all have to be 7 day or longer cruise or could you do one 7 day cruise and one 3 day cruise with the left over funds. I am guessing all cruises booked using this promo will have to be 7 days or longer if you want to take advantage of the FCC.

Per the T&C of this promotion: the FCC "will be applicable to any 2013/2014 published future cruise that is 7 days or longer."

Booked a Vista Suite for Oct 28th. Love those aft cabins and this will be our very first suite.

I called Princess to check if the Future credit could go on an existing booking and confirmed it can.

Can't believe we did this. Just got back from a cruise a few days ago.

With no flying on this one, a nice easy cruise. Will bring carry on's for this short one, no lugging of suitcases.

We will also be on the Golden out of San Pedro on the 28. I think there might be a down side to the credit for any future cruise. If using an online travel agent they will not discount as much if they know you have this credit. I used a travel agent last year that changed the cost of the cruise when they found out we had the credit from the Bon Voyage Experience. I've also heard another on line travel agent also is now doing the same thing. Sounds like the only way you could get the full credit is if going directly through Princess but then again you are normally paying a higher price. I sure hope I'm wrong.

Joe

We will also be on the Golden out of San Pedro on the 28. I think there might be a down side to the credit for any future cruise. If using an online travel agent they will not discount as much if they know you have this credit. I used a travel agent last year that changed the cost of the cruise when they found out we had the credit from the Bon Voyage Experience. I've also heard another on line travel agent also is now doing the same thing. Sounds like the only way you could get the full credit is if going directly through Princess but then again you are normally paying a higher price. I sure hope I'm wrong.

Joe

Does your travel agent have to know you have the FCC before they give you a quote?

One more question that I was confused about was who all qualifies. Is it only the first and second passenger fare that is counted towards FCC. I understood it as the sale price on cabins is only for 1-2 passengers but all passengers qualify for FCC. I notice when I choose 3 passengers versus 2 passengers the sale price for interior, oceanview or balcony jumps up in price. Princess customer service gave the full amount of my fare as what I can expect for FCC. I hope the whole fare is credited as FCC and not the first 2 passengers. This was one of the best promotions that princess came up with but one of the worst for communications and details. soooo much confusion with this promotion.

Edited by faiz23

A few back said that you normally pay more when booking through Princess- is this correct? I normally book thru Celebrity, and they have equal pricing and better upgrades if booked direct. Seems Princess does better with TA. I booked my Dec direct, and the 4 day transferred to a TA. What about my future cruise- TA or direct?

just got a email from Princess with this in the subject line its from LA for3-4 days i believe and the credit is only good on 7 plus day cruises i can forward the email if your like to see it let me know

*Book a qualifying voyage by October 31, 2013 and 100% of the cruise fare will be available as a future cruise credit (FCC) that will be applicable to any 2013/2014 published future cruise that is 7 days or longer. Once the qualifying voyage has sailed, an FCC will automatically be applied to passengers’ Captains Circle member number. The FCC must be applied to a future sailing departing before December 31, 2014. Above fares are based on Golden Princess® 10/21/13 and 10/28/13 departure. Other dates may vary. Fares apply to minimum lead-in categories on a space-available basis at time of booking. Fares for other categories, sailings and cruisetours may vary. Oceanview stateroom may have an obstructed view. Fares are per person, non-air, cruise- or cruisetour-only, based on double occupancy and apply to the first two passengers in a stateroom. These fares do not apply to singles or third/fourth-berth passengers. Government fees and taxes of $55-$90 are additional and subject to change. This offer is capacity controlled and may not be combinable with any other public, group or past passenger discount. Offer is available to residents of the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older and receive this offer. Fares quoted in U.S. dollars. Please refer to the applicable Princess Cruises brochure or princess.com for terms, conditions and definitions that apply to all bookings. Offer expires: October 31, 2013. Note: For assistance reserving a wheelchair-accessible stateroom, please contact customer service at 1-800-774-6237.

Booked a Vista Suite for Oct 28th. Love those aft cabins and this will be our very first suite.

I called Princess to check if the Future credit could go on an existing booking and confirmed it can.

Can't believe we did this. Just got back from a cruise a few days ago.

With no flying on this one, a nice easy cruise. Will bring carry on's for this short one, no lugging of suitcases.

Lucky you Gloria!!! When I saw this yesterday I was going to do the exact same thing, I was going to book the vista suite on 10/28 and get a nice big credit for next years cruise. Couldn't twist Ron's arm though, he said if it was sailing from here, he would have, but doesn't want to fly all the way out there for Ensenada. :(

Oh well! Maybe they will have similar deals if they have trouble selling out the 4 day Ruby cruises out of FLL coming soon. :)

I hope you and Lew have a fabulous time. Sabatini breakfasts are wonderful! :)