Princess offering Free cruises? Am I reading it wrong?

cruzsnooze

You said the same thing on the 3 for free promo but my TA (who is a top seller of Princess) couldn't get me the fares or the goodies. Have you gotten the promo as a single?

The fine print says that the fares do not apply to singles or 3rd/4th berths. It doesn't say anything about the offer not applying to those folks.

The fine print says that the fares do not apply to singles or 3rd/4th berths. It doesn't say anything about the offer not applying to those folks.

Even when I try to book it directly from the Princess site, as son as I plug in 1 pax, it defaults to the regular offers-no goodies.

My TA was also given the excuse that my fare was well below what the current rate is and that's one of the reasons they will not honor the deal.

Even when I try to book it directly from the Princess site, as son as I plug in 1 pax, it defaults to the regular offers-no goodies.

My TA was also given the excuse that my fare was well below what the current rate is and that's one of the reasons they will not honor the deal.

That doesn't sound reasonable. Go ahead and book it for 2 people which is what you'd pay anyway and have a no show. You will get the fare applied to a future cruise before Dec 31 2014. It still works out to be a buy one cruise get a second one free. I also think you need to call Princess directly because your TA is not gonna work hard for no commission.

just booked 2 suites, "side on by each" on the 23rd of October LA cruise.

No problem at all, don't think our usual "On Line East Coast Cruise Travel agency" could have done much better since we used Future cruise credits as well got an addition $25.00.

These cabins are likely moving fast so did not want to wait until tomorrow to book.

We are flying in to LA to stay with friends in the area on the 19th to stay for a week then flying with them to Honolulu to stay for a week before boarding an X cruise Nov 2nd for a 35 day to just about everywhere and getting of in Singapore.

Looking at using at using the $700.00 FCC to book an Alaskan cruise when we disembark in Vancouver next spring from our X cruise from Tokyo.

Love the spontaneity!

Retirement is Grand!

I called and spoke to customer service who spoke to the help desk. First lady was misinformed and told me it starts on the oct 15th so I would not be qualified. The other rep confirmed I am qualified even with a prior booking. They did say the department plans to have more information available Monday and possibly sending out some new communication information to passengers. I will be calling to confirm that I qualify with my prior booking through one of the big TRAVEL agency websites online. If I have to I would cancel and rebook but the rep said that was not necessary and that I can confirm later this week as well as when I board the cruise. I might sign up on the cruise for future cruise and take advantage of more FCC. She said the 3-4 day cruising's were not doing as well as they expected due to being later in the year and the shaky economy along with government shutdown. This is one of the reasons they decided to do this promotion on these specific 3-4 days cruises since turnout was not as strong as expected.

Edited by faiz23

just booked 2 suites, "side on by each" on the 23rd of October LA cruise.

Looking at using at using the $700.00 FCC to book an Alaskan cruise when we disembark in Vancouver next spring from our X cruise from Tokyo.

Love the spontaneity!

Retirement is Grand!

any suite would have yielded more then $700. Look to see if there is a higher category suite for the best value because you get it all back anyway. I booked a suite for the 3 night Nov 4 to apply to my sailing next year and it got me $2198 FCC. ($1099 PP before port charges) Yes retirement works well when you have time, money and health :D

There are no goodies, it's just any cruise you book during the promo sailing dates gets you a FCC of the fare ( not port charges) amount back as a FCC to use in 2014.

There still seems to be a lot of uncertainty about the finer points of this promotion among the Princess CSR's. My wife and I have booked the Dec. 7 Crown. Got a good price of around $500pp for an obstructed outside view. We're looking at this promotion. Specifically a suite on the Nov. 1 Grand 3-day. Vista Suite is $1249pp + $55pp taxes and fees. I wanted to know if we would each be able to apply $500 of the $1249 FCC to our Dec. 7 cruise and get that $500 credited back to our credit card.

After being put on hold for a while, the CSR came back and said that nobody will know the answer to that question until Monday or Tuesday. I told her that our decision to take the Nov. 1 cruise depends on the answer to that question because we would not be able to utilize the full FCC by the end of 2014 if we couldn't apply $500 of it to our Dec. 7 cruise. She put me on hold again, and came back telling me that yes, the fare that we paid for our Dec. 7 cruise will be credited to our account. She seemed to imply that the $500 would be applied as a stateroom credit for that cruise. That's not what we want as we would never even come close to spending it all. I guess I must've said 3 or 4 times that I would like confirmation that we would get the $500 credited back to our credit cards. She couldn't confirm that today, but said she made a note in our booking regarding what we spoke about. I did make a booking, and it's supposed to be held until tomorrow (Monday) so I can call back and hopefully get an authoritative answer.

For those who have called Princess and have been told that this FCC will be applied to a future cruise that's already booked, have you made final payment on those future cruises? Do you have any written confirmation that this FCC will end up as a credit on your credit cards for the amount of those future cruises?

We would love to take advantage of this awesome promotion. We have never sailed in a suite and even 3 days will be a wonderful treat. A suite is normally not an option for a frugalist. I hope Princess can make it happen.

any suite would have yielded more then $700. Look to see if there is a higher category suite for the best value because you get it all back anyway. I booked a suite for the 3 night Nov 4 to apply to my sailing next year and it got me $2198 FCC. ($1099 PP before port charges) Yes retirement works well when you have time, money and health :D

Only booked the mini suite and just checked my booking and cannot figure it out?

I used a FCC which I paid $100.00 for and I booked in with my buddy, my wife used one of her FCC and booked the cabin with his wife.

The booking for 2 is for $596.00 total to my card with a $25.00 OBC.

So $249.00 + $49.21 for tax pp for a mini suite?

So I assume we get a $250.00pp FCC?

Whatever it is if I can take a 3 day cruise for 2 in a Mini Suite for $700.00 all in and get a $500.00 future cruise credit for doing it then all is well in the cruising world!

Thank you Princess

Edited by baldercash

There still seems to be a lot of uncertainty about the finer points of this promotion among the Princess CSR's. My wife and I have booked the Dec. 7 Crown. Got a good price of around $500pp for an obstructed outside view. We're looking at this promotion. Specifically a suite on the Nov. 1 Grand 3-day. Vista Suite is $1249pp + $55pp taxes and fees. I wanted to know if we would each be able to apply $500 of the $1249 FCC to our Dec. 7 cruise and get that $500 credited back to our credit card.

After being put on hold for a while, the CSR came back and said that nobody will know the answer to that question until Monday or Tuesday. I told her that our decision to take the Nov. 1 cruise depends on the answer to that question because we would not be able to utilize the full FCC by the end of 2014 if we couldn't apply $500 of it to our Dec. 7 cruise. She put me on hold again, and came back telling me that yes, the fare that we paid for our Dec. 7 cruise will be credited to our account. She seemed to imply that the $500 would be applied as a stateroom credit for that cruise. That's not what we want as we would never even come close to spending it all. I guess I must've said 3 or 4 times that I would like confirmation that we would get the $500 credited back to our credit cards. She couldn't confirm that today, but said she made a note in our booking regarding what we spoke about. I did make a booking, and it's supposed to be held until tomorrow (Monday) so I can call back and hopefully get an authoritative answer.

For those who have called Princess and have been told that this FCC will be applied to a future cruise that's already booked, have you made final payment on those future cruises? Do you have any written confirmation that this FCC will end up as a credit on your credit cards for the amount of those future cruises?

We would love to take advantage of this awesome promotion. We have never sailed in a suite and even 3 days will be a wonderful treat. A suite is normally not an option for a frugalist. I hope Princess can make it happen.

if you are using an FCC its for new bookings only, if you read the fine print it says that so princess may not be able to give it to you

if you are using an FCC its for new bookings only, if you read the fine print it says that so princess may not be able to give it to you

Actually, the fine print says, "The FCC must be applied to a future sailing departing before December 31, 2014."

Big difference between a future booking and a future sailing. ;)

Actually, the fine print says, "The FCC must be applied to a future sailing departing before December 31, 2014."

Big difference between a future booking and a future sailing. ;)

i have a FCC and it states... on the fine print at the bottom it states this offer is available to new future bookings only and is non transferable.....nothing about a future sailing before dec 2014, unless its different in the US

i have a FCC and it states... on the fine print at the bottom it states this offer is available to new future bookings only and is non transferable.....nothing about a future sailing before dec 2014, unless its different in the US

Is your FCC from the promotion that's the subject of this thread?

If not, then it's not unusual for different promotions to have different terms.

If it is, then the only thing I can think of is that you somehow get different terms in Canada.

Is your FCC from the promotion that's the subject of this thread?

If not, then it's not unusual for different promotions to have different terms.

If it is, then the only thing I can think of is that you somehow get different terms in Canada.

no its not a promotion about this thread, its one you buy onboard for $100 to be used in 2 years with an option for another 2 years and i'm not in Canada but from Australia

Frugalist , I think you are asking what happens to the difference of your FCC from the promotion if you don't use it all and the answer is you loose it. For that reason why not upgrade the cabin you will be using it on in 2014. The other way I'm seeing your question mimics my situation. I have a cruise booked in 2014 and paid down the balance below what the promo fare will be credited BUT the 2014 cruise is still more money then the total of my promo fare. I was told I'd get a refund.

Edited by cruzsnooze

Called to upgrade from a mini suite to a full size suite since I would be getting all that back to apply to a future cruise. They have no suites available with the promotion for my oct 28th booking. I would be wait listed and loose my current $1340 in FCC for a gamble to secure something else. I will take the upgrade and pay the difference if it qualifies for FCC but not take a gamble and loose it all.

I can book the room online at princess and see the suites available and qualified for the promo. Over the phone the big travel website is unable to secure a room with princess but I can cancel and get 75% of my money back which means I would loose $385 but gain additional $2000 in FCC. I am fine with $1340 coming back to me as a FCC (original booking) that I was never expecting in the first place. Princess has been good to me and moved me from a mini suite worth $429 in the back of the boat to the middle of the boat mini suite worth $729 per person. Now with this FCC they are just spoiling me :p

Frugalist , I think you are asking what happens to the difference of your FCC from the promotion if you don't use it all and the answer is you loose it. For that reason why not upgrade the cabin you will be using it on in 2014. The other way I'm seeing your question mimics my situation. I have a cruise booked in 2014 and paid down the balance below what the promo fare will be credited BUT the 2014 cruise is still more money then the total of my promo fare. I was told I'd get a refund.

I agree with you that if we don't use the FCC from the current promotion for a sailing departing by Dec. 31, 2014, we lose it. That's pretty clear in the T&C and makes sense. Princess certainly doesn't want the liability on their balance sheet forever. ;)

My situation is similar to yours: We have booked (and fully paid for) a Dec. 7, 2013 cruise. Fare = $500pp.

We have booked (but not yet paid for) a Nov. 1, 2013 cruise under the current promotion. Fare = $1249pp.

Question is: will $500pp of the $1249pp FCC earned under the current promotion be applied to our Dec. 7, 2013 cruise, ultimately resulting in the credit card we used to pay for that cruise being credited back the $500pp (double these figures to account for both of us)?

Assumption: if the answer to my question is yes, the remaining $749pp FCC can be applied to one or more future cruise bookings as long as those cruises depart by Dec. 31, 2014.

Alternatives: if the answer to my question is yes, bingo! We will be able to take advantage of this excellent opportunity to sail in a suite for cheap bucks. ;) If the answer is no, then we would not be able to utilize the full $1249pp FCC before it expires (we could probably fit in only 1 more cruise before 12/31/14 and we always get either an inside or an obstructed outside) and we don't think it would be worth our time and energy to fly across the country for this promotion. (Transportation costs are immaterial since we have plenty of frequent flyer and hotel points)

A big part of our desire to take advantage of this promotion is the opportunity to enjoy the suite life, even if for only 3 days. Coming from the east coast, we wouldn't do it in a mini-suite or less.

I'm hoping we can get a definitive answer Monday.

Let us know what you find out. The gal I talked to had me on hold for quite awhile to find out. Talked to the help desk and came back and said yes we could. I have 2 other cruises booked on in Jan and one in May so I will apply it to one of those. Good luck.

Just got off the phone with Princess. I was put on hold for quite a while and was told that there is a lot of confusion about this offer and that the folks who really will have the definitive answers will be in tomorrow.

She said that the program was meant to stimulate cruise bookings, and not to have the credit used for an existing booking, and that, possibly, cancelling the booked cruise and rebooking after the FCC is earned would work. But, she said to call tomorrow for the real scoop.

If it comes down to cancelling and rebooking, I would be afraid to loose the fare I am holding. We shall see!

Just got off the phone with Princess. I was put on hold for quite a while and was told that there is a lot of confusion about this offer and that the folks who really will have the definitive answers will be in tomorrow.

She said that the program was meant to stimulate cruise bookings, and not to have the credit used for an existing booking, and that, possibly, cancelling the booked cruise and rebooking after the FCC is earned would work. But, she said to call tomorrow for the real scoop.

If it comes down to cancelling and rebooking, I would be afraid to loose the fare I am holding. We shall see!

Not much we can do until Monday morning. But I'm cautiously optimistic, based on a careful reading of the T&C of the promotion. They say nothing about restricting the use of the FCC to new bookings only. That restriction is definitely included with many Princess promotions, so the fact they they have not included that restriction with this promotion is a clear indication of their intent NOT to restrict it to new bookings only.

Mom always said I should've been a lawyer. ;)

I would not consider cancelling and rebooking our Dec. 7, 2013 cruise. The current fare is considerably higher than we paid, plus we would have to pay a hefty cancellation fee. Not even an option for us.

It will be interesting to see if it can be applied to pre booked cruises.

I follow the simpler philosophy that if it doesn't say you can then you cannot.

You may be correct but why would they sell current cruises to give discounts or rebates on cruises they have already sold?

"The fact that they have not included that restriction with this promotion is a clear indication of their intent NOT to restrict it to new bookings only."

More likely the fact that they do not state it is an indication that they do not allow it but want you to get excited over the possibility?

They get you excited to buy a cruise that they cannot sell on short notice a win for them.

Then you either don't book another one and lose the FCC a win for them.

Or you book another cruise likely more expensive then you normally would to use the FCC which is another win for them.

Edited by baldercash

It will be interesting to see if it can be applied to pre booked cruises.

I follow the simpler philosophy that if it doesn't say you can then you cannot.

You may be correct but why would they sell current cruises to give discounts or rebates on cruises they have already sold?

"The fact that they have not included that restriction with this promotion is a clear indication of their intent NOT to restrict it to new bookings only."

More likely the fact that they do not state it is an indication that they do not allow it but want you to get excited over the possibility?

They get you excited to buy a cruise that they cannot sell on short notice a win for them.

Then you either don't book another one and lose the FCC a win for them.

Or you book another cruise likely more expensive then you normally would to use the FCC which is another win for them.

Well, if they allow it I will book one of these on Tuesday. If not, not. Doesn't merit obsessing about it all weekend.

I went ahead and upgraded to a penthouse suite...WOOOT WOOOT. They confirmed that I would receive the total fare as a FCC for use in 2013 or 2014 for cruises 7 nights or longer. I confirmed multiple times with online travel website over the phone and with princess that I would receive the full fare (notated on my account). I plan to call Monday to confirm (speak to the department incharge of this promo and try to get something in writing) this as well and if that is the case I will stick to the upgraded room.

With this upgrade my 2014 cruise will be paid in full for 3 people in a balcony. It worked out to be a buy a fancy suite on the golden princess and get a free balcony for 7 days in 2014 on pretty much any ship. I will still get $130 on board credit along with crown grill on embarkation nights, breakfast in the morning at sabatinnis and all the other perks. I would never imagine spending that much but now it takes care of 2 cruises for me at half price.