Terrible behaviour on a recent RCI 2 niter

Its ironic really..... the "two day sampler" cruises are designed to give "newbies" a taste of what cruising is all about and entice them to book more cruises but the behavior by "some" on these cruises is nothing like what you could expect from a "normal" cruise.:eek:

Never ever go on a 2 or 3 nighter. They are just booze cruises for Bogans and are not cheap cruises. Unfortunately the unsuspecting few who genuinely want to experience the ship get a bad impression.

That was always my opinion....until I went on one (never thought I would actually do it lol). But.....we ended up doing 4 last year. 1 with RCI, 3 with P&O. One of the P&O ones was the first leg of a 10 nighter. Loved every minute of all of them. Yes, there were groups on there for Hen's, bux, 50th....whatever, but none of them were any trouble. Aready have 3 booked for next year:D

Its ironic really..... the "two day sampler" cruises are designed to give "newbies" a taste of what cruising is all about and entice them to book more cruises but the behavior by "some" on these cruises is nothing like what you could expect from a "normal" cruise.:eek:

I can honestly say that I haven't found them to be any different from a "normal" cruise.

Maybe, as being discussed at the moment, Australia should put the "drinking age" back to 21. That, as well as the lack of discipline resullting from the 'children have rights' decisions by the government some years back, seems to have led to a plethora of people who have no consideration or compassion for others. Their idea of a good time seems to be a competition to see who can drink the most, and view life through a drunken haze. :rolleyes: DH and I are not wowsers and like to have a drink or two, but we never did go out just to get drunk in our young days.

Fortunately, we usually meet lovely people in EVERY age group on our cruises and haven't come across any really bad behaviour. No, not even on our P&O cruises! :D (Maybe because we don't frequent the bars and nightclubs??? :rolleyes:)

I've always found that the younger folks on cruises are often well behaved, and even though they enjoy a few drinks and obviously having a good time it's never at anyone else's expense. I'm sure young people have caused issues on cruises at some point but I'll bet people well above 21 have caused just as many problems if not more :p

As a TA we tell prospective passengers that 'samplers' are great to see what a ship is like but never to expect the experience to be similar to a longer cruise. We tell people if possible to try a three nighter rather than a two nighter or take a short repositioning cruise rather than a Sydney to Sydney cruise. either of these will get a better crowd than the basic two nighter. But then I note that most lines are now avoiding two nighters in favour of three or four nighters. Its just a shame that there are so many aussies who think drinking, falling over, chundering and abusing other cruises is such fun.

As a TA we tell prospective passengers that 'samplers' are great to see what a ship is like but never to expect the experience to be similar to a longer cruise. We tell people if possible to try a three nighter rather than a two nighter or take a short repositioning cruise rather than a Sydney to Sydney cruise. either of these will get a better crowd than the basic two nighter. But then I note that most lines are now avoiding two nighters in favour of three or four nighters. Its just a shame that there are so many aussies who think drinking, falling over, chundering and abusing other cruises is such fun.

Agreed. Doesn't sound like much fun to me! :cool: We are doing the four nighter after our PNG cruise and are hoping to just relax after the heat of PNG.

I'm introducing my mum to cruising on a four nighter from Melbourne to Auckland. I hoping there won't be too much chundering, falling down drunk behaviour.

I'm doing the 4 nighter solo on the Sydney to Melbourne on 16 November.

I'm introducing my mum to cruising on a four nighter from Melbourne to Auckland. I hoping there won't be too much chundering, falling down drunk behaviour.

I'm doing the 4 nighter solo on the Sydney to Melbourne on 16 November.

It leaves on 15th from Sydney. Friday. :p

Ooops. I better get that into my head otherwise I miss the flight and the ship.

I couldn't work put why your ticker was always a day more than my Cruise App. :p

I'm taking my mum on this cruise too. We've been on QM2 for four nights so curious to see the difference. I'm soloing on QM next year. Hubby's not into cruising. ;)

I couldn't work put why your ticker was always a day more than my Cruise App. :p

I'm taking my mum on this cruise too. We've been on QM2 for four nights so curious to see the difference. I'm soloing on QM next year. Hubby's not into cruising. ;)

I fixed it now. I just had the 16 November stuck in my brain. Lucky my air ticket to Sydney is the 15 November :D I not taking my mum on this cruise but the one that I'm doing in March.

I fixed it now. I just had the 16 November stuck in my brain. Lucky my air ticket to Sydney is the 15 November :D I not taking my mum on this cruise but the one that I'm doing in March.

Shame. We could have matched them up and go party together. ;)

Now Pushka, play nice! Party is for QM2! Dawn Princess is to take in the sea air.

Ooh. Hello. :). Sprung. Practise makes perfect you see.

Yes yes yes. Party time to be had on QM2. The old boat won't know what's hit her in Brisbane. :D:

Pushka, by gad sir/madam, party time on QM2? what would the British Establishment on board say to that? Promenading in one's blazer, flannels and brogues, not to mention ye olde bowler hat. LOL. Reminds me of Arcadia last year, a lot of upper class Poms on that too.

Oh dear I fear QM2 might encounter an invasion of Queensland Bogans, LOL. Send for the Royal Marines to quell the colonial frivolity in steerage class.

Oh dear I fear QM2 might encounter an invasion of Queensland Bogans, LOL. Send for the Royal Marines to quell the colonial frivolity in steerage class.

Except, neither of us are from/live in Queensland. And I can assure you, we will party in the most classiest of styles! ;)

Steerage class? Goodness, what is that! :eek:

I guarantee our partying will be highly refined as befits QM2! No cans or stubbies there, strictly champagne (and certainly not Pol Acker!)

Ah, Cocktail dresses and Bollinger, I like it, style as befits QM2", Canberrans to boot, Queens Grill or Princess Grill pax ? surely not Britannia ? Anyway the Cunarders will love you to bits, above all...ENJOY !!!

See you in Batemans Bay, heh, heh.

Ah, Cocktail dresses and Bollinger, I like it, style as befits QM2", Canberrans to boot, Queens Grill or Princess Grill pax ? surely not Britannia ? Anyway the Cunarders will love you to bits, above all...ENJOY !!!

See you in Batemans Bay, heh, heh.

That's the one although my preferred is Moët. And I'm thinking a nice chilled bottle for sailaway in Brisbane might be the thing.

I'll wave to you from the balcony. :)

NSWP, oh that it was QG or even PG. I'll be sharing Pushka's balcony when she lets me; otherwise I'm inside. But based in the price, it was a bargain so I will manage admirably.

Maybe we can set up a bed on the balcony?

My balcony will be ready and waiting for you.

I can see the thread now in April next year. Mature Aussie women behave disgracefully on the QM2 trip to Hong Kong. :p

I can only dream about PG let alone QG but steerage in Britannia is rather nice, by steerage standard.

Hi

I was on this 2 night cruise with a group of work friends and we had a ball. I must go around with blinders on because I never noticed bad behaviour. Yes some friends let their hair down but they weren't disturbing anyone just having a great time. I love that 4 friends were all new to cruising and now they have come home and want to book a cruise with their families.

I hope that RCCL continue to do 2 night cruises because that is the only way I can cruise with my work friends.

Tania :)

Its the round trip two nighters. I dont think there are any problems on the Syd/Bris/ or Melb ones. I dont want to sound like a wowser (even though using that word probably makes me one). I don't mind people having a good time, I enjoyed the dressed up groups, hens parties etc. all good fun. What I didn't like was the staggering drunks, throwing up, shouting obscenities all through the safety briefing, the language and the staggering all around the ship glass in hand splashing alcohol over everyone and everything. From a safety issue all of this is a recipe for a disaster. I wonder how it will be until one of these fools manages to fall overboard doing something stupid.

All it takes is for security to get people to tone it down a notch or two.

As for encouraging people to check out cruising..seriously I don't think these 2 nighters would encourage too many but the ship makes a motza so I am sure they will continue.

Sue

Archived