Sensation or Ecstasy?

Bernie388

Hi, need everyone's opinion that has been on either the Sensation or Ecstasy. We live in Cocoa Beach so we are lucky to cruise a lot. We went on the Imagination once before and swore off the small, 3 day cruises due to the events that we witnessed due to people that only go on 3 day cruises. That's all I'll say about that.

Anyway, we are going on a quick 3 day cruise for our birthdays. We have read a ton of reviews on both ships. We like that the Ecstasy stays overnight in Nassau where the Sensation only docks there for several hours.

Anyone prefer one ship over the other? Thanks for any help...

The 3 day Sensation has been one of the worst Carnival cruises I've taken. Fellow passengers bad behavior was at an all time high (there was a mini riot in the atrium one day, lots of racial slurs were yelled, we saw more drunk behavior than usual, etc) , the ship décor is headache inducing (it's purple, purple, and more purple). Overall, it was OK to get away for 3 days, but the experience just didn't live up to our expectations. It seemed to be a few notches below what we've experienced on longer cruises (food, service, entertainment).

About spending the night in Nassau: Keep in mind that Nassau has its share of crime and it's not the safest place to be at night. I'd be very cautious even just walking to Senor Frog's late at night.

We have been on both...and, without hesitation, Sensation was quickly scratched off our list of "Cruise Agains"...It's hands down all the way, take the Ecstasy...only problem is that the Ecstasy sails 4 & 5 niters only unlike the Sensation which does 3 & 4 niters...as one of the posters alluded to, the Sensation is way too wild...the hotel shuttle drivers have a phrase they attach to the Sensation which I can't nor want to repeat on this thread

We too live nearer Cape Canaveral than any of the other ports in Florida. Our very first cruise was out of there on the Ecstasy. They had just moved her from Galvaston and started the shorter trips to the Bahamas when we were on her. Initially we were also torn between the Sensation and the Ecstasy, but I saw so many so so reviews on the Sensation that we went with the Ecstasy and I have never regretted it. Neither one of us gets sea sick so we did the port hole room, and we were on the Empress deck. Did a 4 night cruise to Freeport and Nassau and loved it. Everything was great and no real jerks to speak of. Had a great time and it was the basis for our cruising life. We have since been on 2 cruises and are signed up for a 3rd this January. Bring some clothes pins to hold the curtain in the shower (in case you need them) and a small hairdryer in case yours does not work. There is 1 formal night that is the night they take pictures. We took as many as we wanted cause you only pay for the ones you want to keep. The port is so easy to navigate! We found a park and ride to keep the car for $6 a day - much cheaper than $16 a day at the dock.

Archived