What is the Cheapest Wine on Royal Caribbean?

HI everyone.

I hope someone can help,

We are going on the Vision next week and will be apart of 6. 4 people would like to drink wine with the meal so will want 1 bottle of wine per night to share. I looked at the wine package and it was about $30 per bottle but these wines looked premium wines.

Do RCI do house wine/ cheaper wine? We are on a budget and were hoping to have a cheaper option. I remember being on a Radiance cruise last November out of Sydney and they sold carafes of wine in the windjammer for $10

Because I don't drink perhaps I don't know the prices and that is normal

Thanks eveeryone

HI everyone.

I hope someone can help,

We are going on the Vision next week and will be apart of 6. 4 people would like to drink wine with the meal so will want 1 bottle of wine per night to share. I looked at the wine package and it was about $30 per bottle but these wines looked premium wines.

Do RCI do house wine/ cheaper wine? We are on a budget and were hoping to have a cheaper option. I remember being on a Radiance cruise last November out of Sydney and they sold carafes of wine in the windjammer for $10

Thanks eveeryone

There are few wine bottles less than $30. Here's the wine list, courtesy of Jean:

http://s1331.photobucket.com/user/critterchick1953/library/Royal%20Caribbean%20wine%20list%202013?sort=6&page=1

There are many good red wines under the $30 per bottle price point. In looking at the list/link that Bob posted, I can personally recommend two: Cline Red Zinfandel at $29 a bottle, and Cabernet Reserve St. Martin at $26 per bottle. That was the 'house cabernet' in the DL on our recent Grandeur cruise, and I personally was responsible for depleting their stock during the course of that cruise:o;)

Wine is very overpriced on the ships. You are now allowed to bring 2 bottles onboard with you....you may want to consider that! You won't want to bring the bottle to the dining room, as they will charge you a "corkage" fee....but you can pour your glass before heading to dinner...and bring it with you.

]Wine is very overpriced on the ships[/color]. You are now allowed to bring 2 bottles onboard with you....you may want to consider that! You won't want to bring the bottle to the dining room' date=' as they will charge you a "corkage" fee....but you can pour your glass before heading to dinner...and bring it with you.[/quote']

Wine is basically the same price as any good/moderate restaurant in the US.

The cheapest wine is in the WJ during lunch if you get the little bottles, I think it is Bare Foot now days. I do not know if it is available for dinner.

HI everyone.

I hope someone can help,

Thanks eveeryone

$30 a bottle IS cheap/inexpensive. furthermore a carafe is LESS than a full bottle. you can( officially) get 6 glasses per bottle. ( the way I drink, it's four.) that breaks down to $7.50 a glass.. about what the house wine on board will run at the bars anyway.

the wine packages are a very good deal as you do save a few bucks off of each bottle esp if you choose the ones at the high end.

Wine is very overpriced on the ship

vehemently DISagree with this. we are wine snobs having spent years in Monterey and have established a working relationship with a local supplier here in Annapolis. the prices on board are comparable( and in a few cases cheaper) than the same bottle on shore in any decent restaurant. and they are about the same price as a single glass of house at our favorite bar. ( for , to my mind, a lesser quality bottle)

vehemently DISagree with this. we are wine snobs having spent years in Monterey and have established a working relationship with a local supplier here in Annapolis. the prices on board are comparable( and in a few cases cheaper) than the same bottle on shore in any decent restaurant. and they are about the same price as a single glass of house at our favorite bar. ( for , to my mind, a lesser quality bottle)

I agree with you. Also, Royal's prices tend to get better that a restaurant as the price of the wine gets higher.

What ever happened to that La Terre stuff?

I've always found that if you start the evening with about 3 gin and tonics, it was quite tasty. If you find this not to be the case, then you could just mix it with your 4th gin and tonic!

What ever happened to that La Terre stuff?

I've always found that if you start the evening with about 3 gin and tonics, it was quite tasty. If you find this not to be the case, then you could just mix it with your 4th gin and tonic!

I believe the La Terre has been replaced with St. Martin.

I also agree that the cost of bottles of wine on RCI ships is reasonable, and for the most part, similar to what we pay for bottles of wine at restaurants in the Baltimore area. You don't have to pay an exorbitant amount of money for a good bottle of wine--there are many excellent wines at lower price points--believe me, I make it a practice to find them!

I think the poster was talking about way overpriced with regards to buying from a liquor store, which is true. You are talking about it being on par with restaurants, which is also true. From a quick glance at the wine package wine list, most of the wines are just a step above critter wines, and at the grocery store would come out to about $10-15 a bottle. I personally think paying $30 (and that's the package price) for a $10-15 bottle of wine is excessive. But to each their own.

To the OP, no, you will not find cheap wine on board. Most restaurant wines start at around $30 a bottle. The house wines will be the cheapest, but to some people are also undrinkable.

Guest maddycat
Wine is basically the same price as any good/moderate restaurant in the US.

The cheapest wine is in the WJ during lunch if you get the little bottles, I think it is Bare Foot now days. I do not know if it is available for dinner.

On our last cruise in May, the splits were available in the WJ during both lunch and dinner. At that time it was Alice, an Australian wine.

You are allowed to bring wine on board with you!!

< Back to Food & Beverage

s.gif

Food & Beverage

s.gif

cor_print_icon.gifPrint This Page s.gif

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?s.gifA: Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests may bring personal wine and champagne onboard only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. When consumed in any public area, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned

Open it in your cabin and avoid the corkage fee!!

I also agree that the cost of bottles of wine on RCI ships is reasonable, and for the most part, similar to what we pay for bottles of wine at restaurants in the Baltimore area. You don't have to pay an exorbitant amount of money for a good bottle of wine--there are many excellent wines at lower price points--believe me, I make it a practice to find them!
Yes but not reasonable if you compare it with a lot of European small restaurants and cafés. Don't get me wrong I do agree that the wine is reasonable for a cruise ship.

As mentioned already,Comparing store wine prices to Restaurant/cruiseship prices is like comparing Apples to Oranges. Usually restaurants charge about a 300% or more markup on wines as do cruiseships. So that a $9 bottle in the store costs about $27 or more in the ship or restaurant.

I am from NYC so just about every beverage on the ship is cheaper than I would get in a restaurant or bar here...except maybe soda.;)

Denise

Archived