Pic of Voyager in Sorrento 26Oct2013

JMARINER

Thanks again to CDPR for sending me this photo of the Voyager with her new look. (aka: Racing Stripe) This was take today 26Oct2103 from a tender in Sorrento.

The Voyager together with the Mariner will be in Naxos/Taormino Sicily tomorrow if the now erupting Mount Etna permits. Hopefully, some new photos of the ship(s) and Mount Etna in the background.

J

31/422

Voyager+racing+stripe+3+.jpg

I loved the R when it was burgundy under Radisson. That blue stripe looks tacky to me.

I remember waking up at the Hotel Vittorino in Sorrento - it was my first trip to Italy and my first night there. We had a balcony room facing the water and the Voyager was there at anchor. I was so excited to see her there having taking several then Radisson cruises and having a booking on her for a few months later.

Thank you for posting the photograph. Great memory. I will be there in about 2 weeks on the Oceania Riviera but they are docking at Naples. The Voyager will be in another port in the Med.

I like the blue stripe. I dont find it tacky. It's understated and matches the blue of Regent sign. Voyager is a beautiful ship. Thanks for posting. I hope you get to tender in Taormina. We were there two years ago and the waters were so rough they couldn't get the tenders down. We cruised to Messina and they bused us to Taormina. Because we only had 1/2 day as opposed to a full day we either had to do Taormina or Mt. Edna. We opted for Taormina and missed Mt. Edna.

If you look at other photos of the Voyager, the blue stripe does not match the paint at the front of the ship (at the bottom). The paint on the front is probably just faded but should have been redone to match the new paint (which I still am not fond of).

Archived