Royal Caribbean extra charges beware

just a warning to everyone after Royal caribbean website upgrade my cruise that was paid off in full now says i owe $260.00 extar. Called Royal Caribbean International and they could not tell my why and we leave next Saturday. I hope this will not cause a problem at the port getting on the ship. We will see if it does I will not be very happy if i have to pay that after the cruise was paid in full

just a warning to everyone after Royal caribbean website upgrade my cruise that was paid off in full now says i owe $260.00 extar. Called Royal Caribbean International and they could not tell my why and we leave next Saturday. I hope this will not cause a problem at the port getting on the ship. We will see if it does I will not be very happy if i have to pay that after the cruise was paid in full

Call and ask to speak to the resolutions department.

Ya...what's up with that?

Royal revised their website yesterday....now if you do a

booking online, you see prepaid gratuities and some 'extra'

'optional' charge...in addition to the TSA security charges.

Adds up fast.

I would like to know more about their new online pricing.

:eek::eek:

I have saved all paper work from day 1. Iam bringing the whole folder i have but I know my luck all bad lol Its a just wait and see game now I thought about the fuel charge but its to much for that

Thank you for all the good thoughts everyone

Call them back and ask for a new invoice to be sent to you so you can see exactly were the difference is. If you did not change anything yourself, then they should look into it further. Did you buy an excursion or a drink package? Did you go in and change your cabin and cause a price change by accident? Stick with it and figure it out, don't leave it until boarding because you might be fully cancelled by then for non-payment. I would also look at the credit card I used to payoff the cruise and see if a refund was posted to your credit card by the cruiseline in error.

I would just relax and wait another day. The plan was for the booking site to be down all Weekend. Just because the Website or parts of ti are up again doesn´t mean they are all finished.

The People in the call Center might not be up to full functionality yet either.

Wait until tomorrow and see if it´s still there and I´m sure it either resloves itself, or they´ll have better resources to get it worked out.

My firefighter/EMS discount is gone. I put a deposit down Thursday and the only thing I received was a confirmation email stating that I made a reservation, the confirmation number and the deposit amount. Now when I try to do a mock booking no cruises show up. I don't think they are finished with the site so I'll keep watching the site (and here:D) before I start calling. My cruise is on the Allure May 25.

Customer service is aware of this issue and don't know why it's happening (other than blaming the upgrade). On their side they can see I have a zero balance. He sent me a copy of my final invoice. He said as long as it shows up as a zero balance on their side, the reservation is ok.