Free excursion in every port offer

uktog

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/special-offers/onshore-onus

Actually looks a better deal with a wider choice of excursions than we might have imagined

If I read this correctly you have to book between November 1 and another date. Anyone already booked can't participate. Is this correct?

Edited by TERRIER1

If this is to be Azamara's long term approach to shorex, it would be considerably more valuable to my partner and I than either the old "50% off all pre-booked shorex" or the recent "25% off all prebooked shorex".

Why? Because we rarely want to take part in ship organised shorex as we prefer to explore independently. I'm therefore really pleased to see that the list of "free" shorex in this offer (at least in the two cruises I looked at) includes things like "Florence and Pisa on your own" and "Rome on your own" "Lucca on your own" etc. Some of these excursions are 9+ hours... perfect for our way of travelling!

These types of shorex were previously very overpriced (in my view); the fact that I can now explore semi-independently with a guarantee of getting back to the ship on time is very attractive and makes me very happy indeed. Thank you, shorex department!

Here's hoping this becomes a standard part of the Azamara offer.... please!

Interestingly, I don't think that this promotion starts for us in the UK until next week, according to my 'friendly travel agent' contact!!!!! ;)

Shame Azamara Facebook did not remember that - oh well your friendly travel agent might get some impatient weekend visitors...........;)

Edited by uktog

Shame Azamara Facebook did not remember that - oh well your friendly travel agent might get some impatient weekend visitors...........;)

Why do you think he tells me, knowing I post on CC a fair bit!!! :p

I should charge him consultancy fees, or perhaps commission for every problem he manages to avoid due to my ever so helpful and sunny disposition.

One flaw in my plan, how do I prove how many people did not come to him with a problem? Damn! :mad:

If I read this correctly you have to book between November 1 and another date. Anyone already booked can't participate. Is this correct?

Hi Terrier1,

The terms and conditions state the following : "ONSHORE. On Us." offer is available for bookings created between November 1 and December 15, 2013, for select 2014 Mediterranean sailings , so I highly doubt that anyone previously booked would be eligible. With that said, it never hurts to ask, so I would contact your TA, or Azamara if you've booked direct.

I hope this helps !

I saw the offer too but noticed it is only available on one of our Sept. sailings but not the other. It looks like it's only on "select sailings"...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I doubt we would be eligible since we booked with inside with the free verandah upgrade and the Choice Air credit. :confused:

But...I will still send it to my TA and see if we can get our shore excursions for our first cruise.

It could be a nice thing.

Andy... do you know if the Choice air credit is offered with this deal?

Hi Tango,

In the terms and conditions, it states "not combinable with other offers", so I'm doubtful that it is. However, I will see what I can find out, or hopefully Bill will reply.

Edited by Host Andy

I'm not able to see what shore excursions are offered. We you able to see them?

Sent the promo to my TA....I'll wait and see but I'm not counting on anything.

Hey mwchick

If u look at ur land discoveries book online ....you can see them...they have a 0.00 price....i saw them on my sailing

Wow! I just looked at what Azamara is offering and if shore excursions are your thing then it's a great value! They really offer a very generous assortment to choose from.

I recently booked the October 11, 2014 seven day "Corsica and Provence" cruise on the Journey using the double upgrade promotion right before it expired. That is the best promotion for us.. we just like to just wander around the ports and usually only take one shore excursion (sometimes none) on a cruise.

Whatever floats your boat.. right?:)

Hey mwchick

If u look at ur land discoveries book online ....you can see them...they have a 0.00 price....i saw them on my sailing

I'm not impressed with the free land discoveries they are offering on our cruise. They are not even offering them on the 2nd leg of our b2b cruise. I did hear from my TA...the promotion I booked with is far better and I'm glad I booked when I did. The price for the cruise alone (with this promo) is quite a bit more money than we paid :eek: plus the $1,000.00 credit if I book Choice Air, which I would be foolish not to do.

I plan on doing some private things anyway and hoping I can find people on our roll call to share a few tours with us.

We also plan on doing some DIY.

It's a marketing effort so it is only going to be offered on the cruises that have sales below a certain level and of course some may have had better offers for early bookers.

On a cruise I am booked on, I am still better off with my original booking but I did think the range of excursions offered (at least two in each port) was fair and offered a reasonable variety if I had been looking for cruise line excursions.

Like all offers it is going to appeal to some and not others but that is the same with all offers!

Edited by uktog

Hello Azamara Followers -

I've learned that if you are already booked on one of the eligible 2014 voyages offering the free shore excursions, that you may change your existing booking and then rebook it at the prevailing rates that now govern the tariff for the specific voyage.

This ruling applies to the US and Canada markets and I'm seeking the flexibility conditions for the UK and Ireland and Australia. I will let you know that outcome.

Best regards -

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Edited by Bill Leiber

I have the awful feeling that these excursions are those that Azamara has determined are best for YOU, regardless of your preferences or prior experience in the countries you are visiting. There is a sort of deja vu about the whole thing, as it gives some entry level cruisers things they want, but experiences previously available to all at a discount are no longer available.

Hmmmm.....

I think the answer lies in the fact that the Quest is in the Mediterranean and the Journey is not :)

Good shout! Perhaps the Med is struggling but Northern Europe is doing well.

Edited by mzk90

Good shout! Perhaps the Med is struggling but Northern Europe is doing well.

I have been looking at Med cruises in May 2014 and was surprised to see that Azamara is asking prices similar to, and in one case higher than, Regent; I suspect that the inclusive shore excursions are an attempt to make the two lines look as if they offer the same perks in return for the overall price.

I very much doubt that they are going to succeed with that one but I suppose that they may well feel that it's worth a punt; they can always drastically reduce prices if they have to.

One of the problems for UK customers is that we pay a much larger deposit than people in the US, and cancelling a holiday costs us a lot of money; insurers don't cover 'found it cheaper elsewhere'. Of course, if Azamara can fill its ships without UK passengers then management will be content; it saves an entire sales structure and cutting costs always looks good in the company report...