Communications from HAL before our Cruise

t60

When we´ve sailed with Princess, we´ve always recieved an assortment of emails from them, telling us who the Captain is, assorted information about dining, shore excursions etc etc. Will we get the same type of thing from HAL?

Sandy in Spain

When we´ve sailed with Princess, we´ve always recieved an assortment of emails from them, telling us who the Captain is, assorted information about dining, shore excursions etc etc. Will we get the same type of thing from HAL?

Sandy in Spain

We've only sailed with HAL once and did not receive any of the pre-cruise e-mails like Princess sends. I always enjoyed receiving them from Princess because it just makes it that much more exciting!

Never have gotten an email telling us who the captain is from HAL. They do send an email out early to check shore excursions, etc. (automated I suspect) but I don't recall receiving anything as we got close to our cruise

You will get an e-mail when your express documents are ready to print (about 50 days prior to sailing). There is a lot of information in those documents, including expected number of formal/smart casual nights. There is also information on your transfers, if you purchased HAL transfers, hotel information if you are on the HAL pre-cruise, and the opportunity to print luggage tags.

You don't need to print the express documents, except possibly page 1; that's a good idea to have with you. I also like to have the transfer and hotel info, but it really isn't necessary.

You will get an e-mail when your express documents are ready to print (about 50 days prior to sailing). There is a lot of information in those documents, including expected number of formal/smart casual nights. There is also information on your transfers, if you purchased HAL transfers, hotel information if you are on the HAL pre-cruise, and the opportunity to print luggage tags.

You don't need to print the express documents, except possibly page 1; that's a good idea to have with you. I also like to have the transfer and hotel info, but it really isn't necessary.

Well put as always, Ruth.:D:):D

We get almost no info from HAL by e-mail before our cruises...... Just that it is time to print cruise docs and remind us to buy excursions.

Me either. I'm not in a rush to book a cruise anymore. It will be interesting to see if emails will come after my cruise in April 2014 is done.

Thank you Ruth C for all your helpful information and answers across all the boards

Sandy in Spain

Well, reading that made it worth getting out of bed. :D How kind of you to post that. Hope you enjoy HAL, and this board.

Archived