The Garden Villa - A Photo Tour of the Jade, Suite 14000

computerworks

Question: Is the cost for this per person or per suite which can be divided between two families?

I was wondering about that piano...you answered my question before I asked it. Really enjoyed looking at these.

Thanks!.

That is the way to go, if you are close friends or family.

Although the 'new' website shows average fare per person... the compute is based on the first two guests paying full and normal fare, and guests 3 thru 8 paying a significantly reduced rate. The total comes out the same.

Splitting the cost among couples, for example, makes it very attractive.

Thanks for sharing your pictures. Never in a million years did I think that's what it looked like behind the mirrored glass. Wow. Amazing! I have a feeling it's still bigger than what it appears to be in the pictures since it's hard to imagine just how far you go down the hall way. That's just crazy.

Thanks again for sharing.

Ron, Thank you so much for the fabulous pictorial tour! I practically squealed with delight when I saw this thread, as your pictures are always incredible! I am eagerly awaiting your review of the Greek Isles as well. Hope it was a memorable cruise for you, and I bet your sweet granddaughters would have LOVED that garden villa!!!

Hope it was a memorable cruise for you, and I bet your sweet granddaughters would have LOVED that garden villa!!!

Thanks! It was really an amazing trip...both the ship and this suite, the ports and the fun we had in each one.

If I had a nickel for every time either my wife or I said, "...boy, if only the girls were here for this!" ...we could book it again! ;)

Review is coming shortly; I am having a hard time picking the best pictures...and going thru them is a slow process... because I am truly enjoying them again. :cool:

Identical in layout, true, but I think that many of the furnishings are nicer on the Jade (not that the Gem is a poor second)...

I think the upper sundeck is better on the Jade - the Gem has a DOS stuck on the front, so there is only one side to the top section instead of 2 (the 2nd side that should overlook the pool area is the balcony/hottub area for the DOS).....But honestly, not something I'm going to complain about! lol

I do have a question about the Bose sound hookup. Did the system some with an adapter/connector for your iPad/iPod/iPhone, or should you bring your own?

Thanks for those excellent pics. For some reason threads like this are scarce.

The GV on the Jade is IMO the best cruising has to offer. We took 14500 several times and it is indeed the way to go. However, 6 pax in 1 GV is the max if you want to keep the unique atmosphere of extreme luxury and not turn it into a dorm. Maybe except for a baby or 2. More is technically possible, but I would not recommend it even if you have more than enough sqm to let everyone sleep.

And if you devide the total price by 6 it still is really very reasonable given what you get for it.

Big problem is: without any doubt you will get spoilt for the rest of your cruising life, so beware.

Edited by Aladdin1968

I think the upper sundeck is better on the Jade - the Gem has a DOS stuck on the front, so there is only one side to the top section instead of 2 (the 2nd side that should overlook the pool area is the balcony/hottub area for the DOS).....But honestly, not something I'm going to complain about! lol

I do have a question about the Bose sound hookup. Did the system some with an adapter/connector for your iPad/iPod/iPhone, or should you bring your own?

You can hook up your ipad/pod/phone with a cable that is in the drawer under the sound system, at least in 14500. Otherwise, ask the butler who will summon a technical guy instantly....

Edited by Aladdin1968

The Bose box had an Aux cable that would plug into the headphone jack of any device.

We also travel with a cable set that uses the iPod/iPad connector, to RCA jacks if there are no cables provided.

Thanks for another wonderful photo essay. The only thing missing this time was your darling wife's smiling face.

Aw, thanks! I tried to keep the Suite Tour pictures without people...

You absolutely will see her "cruise smile" in the Trip Review thread... promise!