Divina Chaos

sidari

Msc management managed to cause utter chaos by changing all the drinks onboard for the repo cruise on the day of embarkation causing confusion for passengers and crew alike.

The ship left over 30 minutes late from Venice and the 2 nd sitting for dinner did not get into the dining room for 30 minutes after they were due to go in, in Malaga today they had one exit door for everyone who was not on a ships tour.

The hastily arranged meet and greet was attended by the entertainments manager who seemed out of his depth at answering questions, a second meeting is being set up due to thenumber of complaints.

Msc management managed to cause utter chaos by changing all the drinks onboard for the repo cruise on the day of embarkation causing confusion for passengers and crew alike.

I can envision a lot of things that might cause chaos, but changing all the drinks ( whatever that means) would probably be low on the list.

Change the drink list...I thought the westbound TA price/drink selection should still be based on Europe and not US? Good timing :rolleyes:

Not sure about "the number of complaints", may be there are more to what Sidari has managed to include in his brief note.

The ship left over 30 minutes late from Venice and the 2 nd sitting for dinner did not get into the dining room for 30 minutes after they were due to go in, in Malaga today they had one exit door for everyone who was not on a ships tour.

The hastily arranged meet and greet was attended by the entertainments manager who seemed out of his depth at answering questions, a second meeting is being set up due to thenumber of complaints.

Your complaint sounds vastly exaggerated to be honest. Things happens when you leave the comforts of home, and the issues you portray as utter chaos sounds insignificant at best.

Sorry, hope you'll cope and still enjoy and have a relaxing journey, so that you can get back home as soon as possible.

Philip

Edited by phider

I have to agree that your complaints seem over-exaggerated. I think that any cruise line would experience hiccups in they're change-over from continents.

My thoughts are the chaos is caused and felt by those who do not know how to relax and go with the flow. No problem encountered in the first half hour of a cruise can be that horrific.

And seriously, it's not unheard of for a ship to leave port late. I've had it happen on a few occasions, time is made up at sea.

As you people were not there the comments made will be ignored, a lot of people did not have drink packages added to their accounts and were charged for them until they were issued new cards, others have so far has as many as 5 sea pass cards for various reasons including not being able to access their rooms.

The whole wine menus, drinks menus were changed, bar staff and servers struggled to know what was available and where, some bars have a certain wine while others do not, people with the Original Allegrissimo have been refused service of wines in the Dining room only to go to the nearest bar and obtain their drinks, those with the Classic do not have this problem.

In the buffet there are no wines available to people who have the Classic or

Original package, the good news is the food in the Dining room has improved greatly, the evening shows in the theatre are the same as last year.

Divina will sadly become an Americanised ship when it sails out of Miami, the crew are already being brainwashed into the have a nice day let's get in peoples faces kind of sailing.

As you people were not there the comments made will be ignored, a lot of people did not have drink packages added to their accounts and were charged for them until they were issued new cards, others have so far has as many as 5 sea pass cards for various reasons including not being able to access their rooms.

The whole wine menus, drinks menus were changed, bar staff and servers struggled to know what was available and where, some bars have a certain wine while others do not, people with the Original Allegrissimo have been refused service of wines in the Dining room only to go to the nearest bar and obtain their drinks, those with the Classic do not have this problem.

Original package, the good news is the food in the Dining room has improved greatly, the evening shows in the theatre are the same as last year.

Divina will sadly become an Americanised ship when it sails out of Miami, the crew are already being brainwashed into the have a nice day let's get in peoples faces kind of sailing.

I am sorry to hear that these issues have had such an significant negative impact on your vacation. Hope you still got some relaxation out of it in the end!

Philip

You have already made your prediction that the ship is doomed to become "Americanised" and the crew have been brain washed so It seems nothing can happen to allow you to enjoy your cruise. I go on a cruise to get away from meetings not get onboard and arrange meetings and more meetings to complain of chaos. Sincerely hope you find time to relax and enjoy this beautiful ship. Vacation time is precious. Relax and unwind!

I have to agree that your complaints seem over-exaggerated. I think that any cruise line would experience hiccups in they're change-over from continents.

My thoughts are the chaos is caused and felt by those who do not know how to relax and go with the flow. No problem encountered in the first half hour of a cruise can be that horrific.

And seriously, it's not unheard of for a ship to leave port late. I've had it happen on a few occasions, time is made up at sea.

if not on this ship please allow for someone to express how they have been treated or experienced, no hickups, they are logistical issues buddy

Your last paragraph is totally un called for, i could see you are having a lousy cruise now that the crew is being brainwashed to sail out of Miami. Maybe you should stick to sailing out of the UK where you will feel more at home and not have to come to Miami on an AMERICANISED ship.

Edited by riclop

Your last paragraph is totally un called for, i could see you are having a lousy cruise now that the crew is being brainwashed to sail out of Miami. Maybe you should stick to sailing out of the UK where you will feel more at home and not have to come to Miami on an AMERICANISED ship.

If this is how OP feels, why is he being attacked.

MSC is a European line with an EU way of doing things. The difference between an Italian waiter and an American waiter are huge.

not saying better, just different.

OP is stating a fact. Cruiselines change how they operate for a American / Carribean type sailing.

Why the offense?

Why call it chaos which just gives a bad taste for the passengers embarking in Miami. Of course things are changing. And you cant tell me you cant have a ship that can make both Europeans and Americans happy. So the waiters will smile and bring you ice water and coffee in the dining room. Is that such a calamity that it will make people unhappy. And the wine and drink issue! You know as well as I do, that will be resolved very shortly. I'm sure you all realize that MSC didnt send the Divina here to lose money. They will do whats ever necessary to be a success in Miami. And if any of our European friends from these boards are cruising Dec 7 with me. lets sit down and have a drink together, though hopefully from a smiling waiter!

Mark

Edited by tourlink99

Your last paragraph is totally un called for, i could see you are having a lousy cruise now that the crew is being brainwashed to sail out of Miami. Maybe you should stick to sailing out of the UK where you will feel more at home and not have to come to Miami on an AMERICANISED ship.[/qu
Edited by riclop

Very well stated.

I think my the very nature of being a repositioning. Raise where changes in crew, menus, onboard currency, you name it are being implemented in a few hours from the last cruise happening, things just do not go smoothly. Not so bad if the ship has been pulled off its previous itinerary for a period of dry dock, so had more time to prepare.

I'm not onboard so really don't know how bad it is. We had a very vocal group on the Sinfonia's southbound voyage to South Africa, where embRkation etc had been an issue and there were issues with them not having had time to switch over to US$. Those unhappy passengers spent the entire cruise demanding meetings, trying to organise petitions, even suggested a sit in at the end of the cruise. I like those at my table, quickly forgot the delay at embarkation and was of the opinion the currency being different from what it was suppossed to be was not sufficient to ruin the entire cruise. When I returned back to the UK, I wrote to the UK office and told them I had been dissadvamtaged by the currency not switching. I got a refund of the difference, an onboard credit for an upcoming cruise already booked and a discount for a future booking.

I had a fantastic cruise despite the few glitches and met some great people. The only niggle was those that were so incensed and not prepared just to be having a bad time themselves, they were determined that any one else who could speak English should feel the same as them and join their protests. We got good at listening out for them when out and about and taking quick detours to avoid being preached at.

Things go wrong but during a 3 week cruise there is plenty time to get things fixed. In August my Allegrissimo booking was mucked up. I had to sign for charges being applied to my account on drinks for 2 days until it was sorted out. I wasn't paying for the drinks though, as you only actually bay when you settle your account at the end of the cruise and it was all refunded bybthe time I left the ship so I was neve out of pocket.

I think my the very nature of being a repositioning. Raise where changes in crew, menus, onboard currency, you name it are being implemented in a few hours from the last cruise happening, things just do not go smoothly. Not so bad if the ship has been pulled off its previous itinerary for a period of dry dock, so had more time to prepare.

I'm not onboard so really don't know how bad it is. We had a very vocal group on the Sinfonia's southbound voyage to South Africa, where embRkation etc had been an issue and there were issues with them not having had time to switch over to US$. Those unhappy passengers spent the entire cruise demanding meetings, trying to organise petitions, even suggested a sit in at the end of the cruise. I like those at my table, quickly forgot the delay at embarkation and was of the opinion the currency being different from what it was suppossed to be was not sufficient to ruin the entire cruise. When I returned back to the UK, I wrote to the UK office and told them I had been dissadvamtaged by the currency not switching. I got a refund of the difference, an onboard credit for an upcoming cruise already booked and a discount for a future booking.

I had a fantastic cruise despite the few glitches and met some great people. The only niggle was those that were so incensed and not prepared just to be having a bad time themselves, they were determined that any one else who could speak English should feel the same as them and join their protests. We got good at listening out for them when out and about and taking quick detours to avoid being preached at.

Things go wrong but during a 3 week cruise there is plenty time to get things fixed. In August my Allegrissimo booking was mucked up. I had to sign for charges being applied to my account on drinks for 2 days until it was sorted out. I wasn't paying for the drinks though, as you only actually bay when you settle your account at the end of the cruise and it was all refunded bybthe time I left the ship so I was neve out of pocket.

AmoMondo - The voice of reason.

Setting off in two hours for London before flight tomorrow to embark on Musica for repo to La Romana. The Musica is still in dry dock in Trieste and I will check on the Webcam to see when she heads out to Venice. I expect a lot of new crew members and I'm sure things will take a few days to click into gear.

we need these born complainers to keep trashing MSC so that the prices remain low for the rest of us. Lets face it, no matter what nationality you may be some people are just negative. they expect everything in life to go their way and when it doesn't they just wallow in the negative. and boy are they ever vocal! so let's let them continue to book msc for the low attractive prices and then rant on when there isn't ketchup and ice water on the table when they arrive at dinner. The rest of us enjoy the best kept secret on the seas!