Upcoming Dining Changes

I just read John Heald's blog from today and this is the very last snippet. Perhaps removing the white linen tablecloths is a big ol' myth, after all? I hope so...

"I remember back in the day “fine dining” and Carnival Cruise Lines were not words you usually heard together in conversation but thanks to the beards who are the architects of the brilliant food that you can all enjoy fleetwide we have come a long way and rather like in Breaking Bad …… wait until you see what happens next." -JH

The words 'fine dining' don't suggest there will be a downgrade in food choices, though I know that's subjective. I sincerely hope the accompanying rumor about shrinking the daily menu is also a myth. Personally, I'm excited ... I just hope we're not all disappointed.

Queue the meatloaf and fried chicken jokes.

I agree. We're eventually moving to another line, though won't give up on Carnival entirely.

Nope, I'll just give up cruising entirely!

I won't pay twice as much for the same itinerary, just because of the name of the ship!

Edited by oldrailfan

I suspect it's giving the younger people what they want, and for many of us older people, it's not what we want. But they figure we can always move the HAL or Princess if we don't like it.

Actually we can move if we don't like the changes and that's great. Carnival needs to attract more cruisers and they seem to be looking at a young group. For some maybe it is time to find alternative. Take a chance, try something new and you just might like it. For me it won't be HAL cause that's for my mother. But there are lots of choices.

And you never know the changes might be just what you want.

:)

Nope, I'll just give up cruising entirely!

I won't pay twice as much for the same itinerary, just because of the name of the ship!

Motel 6 and Waldorf Astoria both ultimately provide you with the same thing (a place to sleep, and possibly some food). But to say they are the same thing with different names isn't exactly accurate.

The same is true with cruise lines. They all offer the same product (a floating hotel), but they are certainly more different than just names!

Motel 6 and Waldorf Astoria both ultimately provide you with the same thing (a place to sleep, and possibly some food). But to say they are the same thing with different names isn't exactly accurate.

The same is true with cruise lines. They all offer the same product (a floating hotel), but they are certainly more different than just names!

Exactly, you're not just paying for the itinerary - you're also paying for the experience. Five star cuisine is going to cost more than Carnival's good, but lesser quality dining options. I've certainly never paid Olive Garden prices at my local, family owned Italian eatery; the quality levels between these two products are light years apart ... as are the costs.

Exactly, you're not just paying for the itinerary - you're also paying for the experience. Five star cuisine is going to cost more than Carnival's good, but lesser quality dining options. I've certainly never paid Olive Garden prices at my local, family owned Italian eatery; the quality levels between these two products are light years apart ... as are the costs.

Sadly most people don't get that... They don't want to pay for quality service, they expect it at any price.... We now live in a "entitled" society where everyone thinks they're entitled to everything.

Anyone else read Heald's cryptic blog about the brilliant dining changes to come? He said," I remember back in the day “fine dining” and Carnival Cruise Lines were not words you usually heard together in conversation but thanks to the beards who are the architects of the brilliant food that you can all enjoy fleetwide we have come a long way and rather like in Breaking Bad …… wait until you see what happens next."

I'm really hoping they don't turn the main dining rooms into meth labs. That would be in poor taste, too drastic a change for most to handle, and I definitely wouldn't pay extra!

Edited by spyingeyes

I just read John Heald's blog from today and this is the very last snippet. Perhaps removing the white linen tablecloths is a big ol' myth, after all? I hope so...

"I remember back in the day “fine dining” and Carnival Cruise Lines were not words you usually heard together in conversation but thanks to the beards who are the architects of the brilliant food that you can all enjoy fleetwide we have come a long way and rather like in Breaking Bad …… wait until you see what happens next." -JH

The words 'fine dining' don't suggest there will be a downgrade in food choices, though I know that's subjective. I sincerely hope the accompanying rumor about shrinking the daily menu is also a myth. Personally, I'm excited ... I just hope we're not all disappointed.

Queue the meatloaf and fried chicken jokes.

Once again sneak tidbits of it is going to be "brilliant". I really wish JH would not do this. Makes it so disappointing when they FINALLY announce something and it is so mediocre and disappointing. Just announce it and get it over with.

When are these changes to actually happen? :confused:

LuLu

~~~~

Who knows. They were suppose announce something a couple of weeks ago, then last week, now this.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Anyone else read Heald's cryptic blog about the brilliant dining changes to come? He said," I remember back in the day “fine dining” and Carnival Cruise Lines were not words you usually heard together in conversation but thanks to the beards who are the architects of the brilliant food that you can all enjoy fleetwide we have come a long way and rather like in Breaking Bad …… wait until you see what happens next."

I'm really hoping they don't turn the main dining rooms into meth labs. That would be in poor taste, too drastic a change for most to handle, and I definitely wouldn't pay extra!

I really don't know how to read that. "Fine Dining" and Carnival Cruise Lines DID go together. They had some of the best food at sea, in a fine dining setting, served by staff in fine dining accoutrements.

And the past 6 years they have been trying to separate the two.

Once again sneak tidbits of it is going to be "brilliant". I really wish JH would not do this. Makes it so disappointing when they FINALLY announce something and it is so mediocre and disappointing. Just announce it and get it over with.

Who knows. They were suppose announce something a couple of weeks ago, then last week, now this.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

That's it in a nutshell. Dropping a bomb like "something's changing" only initiates discussion. Limited thinkers might think they are place 5 time forks in the dining rooms. Expansive thinkers might think 5 course dining is returning, offering better than "select" foods, and of course, everyone grabs on to the grandiose changes with endless discussions.

Then the change comes out, and it turns out to be nothing more than bread baskets making a return to the tables.

anyone else read heald's cryptic blog about the brilliant dining changes to come? He said," i remember back in the day “fine dining” and carnival cruise lines were not words you usually heard together in conversation but thanks to the beards who are the architects of the brilliant food that you can all enjoy fleetwide we have come a long way and rather like in breaking bad …… wait until you see what happens next."

i'm really hoping they don't turn the main dining rooms into meth labs. That would be in poor taste, too drastic a change for most to handle, and i definitely wouldn't pay extra!

lol!!!!

I really don't know how to read that. "Fine Dining" and Carnival Cruise Lines DID go together. They had some of the best food at sea, in a fine dining setting, served by staff in fine dining accoutrements.

And the past 6 years they have been trying to separate the two.

Your right. Once upon a time dinner was an exercise in fine dining with tableside food preparation.

Sadly as they have been forced to cut costs dinner is still very nice but not what it was.

Nor will it ever be, which is OK, as I know this going in.

Very true and the crew works hard to give us good service but they really have to many people to serve.

given what the pricing is now like understand.

Only real complaint is with the entertainment continuously going downill.