Cruising on Christmas...any relaxation??

dkay1211

Hubby and I have sailed on Fascination twice and really enjoyed it. Thinking about going again this year on Christmas week. It is just the two of us, and although we like kids, we also want to have some relaxing moments as well as participating in fun activities. Are there too many kids/families cruising this week for just a couple to enjoy some time away? :) Thanks for any and all input!!

My family usually cruises CCL Christmas/New Years because this is when the kids can go. FYI that is when all the kids are out of school and do travel. We have been were there were over 1,400 under 18 kids onboard.

We did sail 1 year on Princess Christmas/New Years and there was only 30 kids on board.

Our family, including a 17, 15 and 14 year old, are going to be on the Breeze the week including Christmas. Based on the Cruise Critic Roll Call (which we all know is only a small sampling of number of passengers going to be on the ship) for this trip there are going to be A LOT of teenagers on-board. Excellent for them, maybe not so much for you.

Hubby and I have sailed on Fascination twice and really enjoyed it. Thinking about going again this year on Christmas week. It is just the two of us, and although we like kids, we also want to have some relaxing moments as well as participating in fun activities. Are there too many kids/families cruising this week for just a couple to enjoy some time away? :) Thanks for any and all input!!

We have cruised at Christmas and it was great. Yes, there are lots of children but no problems for us.

The passenger mix was varied from solo cruisers to multi generation families. The atmosphere was festive, but not in your face. We found not having all the Christmas hype very relaxing.

There will be a lot of kids, but if you avoid the main pool area and buffet, you probably won't notice them in mass. However, note that with the number of children onboard, there's no guaranty that your balcony cabin will be a quiet retreat. It really depends who is on either side of you and how responsible the parents are in monitoring their children's behavior when they're out there. My advice, try to pick a cabin that does not indicate third and fourth bunks on either side of your cabin. If you can't find one, then take third passenger cabins but avoid quad occupancy cabins if at all possible.

If you go during the first 2 weeks of December or wait until after New Year you will get a more relaxing vacation with very few kids, and they will have holiday decor up(not in January). :)

Even though we have a child, we would not said over Christmas. Too many kids!

I think you will regret this. It is crowded with tons of children and teenagers stuffed into every available space and the rate is double what it is the prior week. If you have to take that week I'd go to a couples resort. Having said that, I'm cruising that week due to my teenagers schedule, but this is the last time ever! !!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I don't think I would take a "couples" cruise over Christmas. Too many kids, teens and families. Yes, you could hide out in Serenity or on your balcony, but where's the fun in that?

Shows will be overcrowded along with the pools, bars, buffet, etc. See if you can go the first or second week in Dec? We almost always cruise between Thanksgiving and Christmas and the ships are quiet and the rates are awesome. Good luck!

Thank you for all of the comments! I think we are going to do a cruise right before Christmas week which should be a nice one for just the two of us! :D

Considering what you want, that is probably and excellent decision!

Have a great cruise! :)

LuLu

~~~~

Lots of kids.

Our family, including a 17, 15 and 14 year old, are going to be on the Breeze the week including Christmas. Based on the Cruise Critic Roll Call (which we all know is only a small sampling of number of passengers going to be on the ship) for this trip there are going to be A LOT of teenagers on-board. Excellent for them, maybe not so much for you.

Woohoo!! Me too!