what is a reasonable wait to get your cabin serviced?

gooch47

Out of the 3 I know & correspond with, they would all want you to start with the correct chain of command. If it doesn't get corrected after speaking w/ the director of housekeeping, then go to the HD. They do want it to be corrected quickly, but they also believe they have the correct people in their positions to get that done. Otherwise, why would the director of housekeeping show up to the meet & greet, and his number be on the card they hand out at the M&G?

If you want to follow the correct chain of command, wouldn't it make more sense to talk with the floor supervisor long before bothering the Director of Housekeeping?

Out of the 3 I know & correspond with, they would all want you to start with the correct chain of command. If it doesn't get corrected after speaking w/ the director of housekeeping, then go to the HD. They do want it to be corrected quickly, but they also believe they have the correct people in their positions to get that done. Otherwise, why would the director of housekeeping show up to the meet & greet, and his number be on the card they hand out at the M&G?

Maybe I'm confused about who is handing out those cards at the M&Gs, but I don't think I've ever been handed one from the Director of Housekeeping, but rather the HD and with a verbal request to please call him with any issues. I have never had the occasion to do this, but if I speak to the room steward about an issue and that does not resolve it, I would feel it is appropriate to call who's ever card I had, be it the HD or D of H. I don't feel I should have to run up and down the hall looking for a floor supervisor as was suggested by another poster.

On the subject of cards at the M&G, at our last NCL cruise on the Star, it was a pre-printed card with all the hotel officers listed along with their phone number. Even the executive chef was listed... I guess we could have called him with our dining request... not. :D

Luckily we have not had an issue with our room being made up or turned down. We always speak with the steward right off the bat and let him know our usual dining schedule, and we are conscientious about turning the wheel to "Make Up Room" when we leave in the morning and evening. Like others, we don't tip anything in advance.

We always use the sign and did talk to our steward on the first day. It didn't help. Not the first time we've had this experience, and the longest waits have been on NCL. Do they assign more cabins than on other cruise lines?

We have cruised several times on NCL and most cruises our room was serviced while we were at breakfast and at dinner. We were recently on the Star and most nights our room was done by 7pm. The latest was 7:45pm.

However, our steward on the Jewel, even though we were always out of our cabin by 5pm, did not service our room in the evening until after 8pm, sometimes as late as 9:30pm even after we talked with him. He is the only steward that we did not give an extra tip to.

For me, I notice it sometimes depends on my cabin location. Sometimes I am first, sometimes I am last, and sometimes I am somewhere in the middle. If I know I am in there until later, then I let them know so they are not waiting around for me to leave or to change the do not disturb sign. I think they appreciate knowing your schedule if it is against the norm for whatever reason.

coka

Maybe I'm confused about who is handing out those cards at the M&Gs, but I don't think I've ever been handed one from the Director of Housekeeping, but rather the HD and with a verbal request to please call him with any issues. I have never had the occasion to do this, but if I speak to the room steward about an issue and that does not resolve it, I would feel it is appropriate to call who's ever card I had, be it the HD or D of H. I don't feel I should have to run up and down the hall looking for a floor supervisor as was suggested by another poster.

On our last 2 cruises, the ship has provided preprinted cards with officers & their phone numbers. I specifically remember meeting the DoH on the Pearl, though I had no issues at all. He was mingling and handing his business cards out as well.

I agree about the floor supervisor - I wouldn't know where or how to fine one. But when given a card with contact info, I would certainly use it if a need arose. I've never had to use a number on that card, but it's nice to have it in case. And I certainly would speak to the cabin steward before contacting anyone else first. That's how we've made any requests we've had - usually just to keep the ice bucket full is all we ask.

Edited by GORDONCHICK

If you want to follow the correct chain of command, wouldn't it make more sense to talk with the floor supervisor long before bothering the Director of Housekeeping?

Because I don't have contact info for them. And I've not needed it either. My point was instead of a royal knee jerk reaction to contact someone with four stripes, start a little lower. But I'm sure you knew that.

On our last few NCL cruises, our steward has had between 18-20 rooms to take care of. If it is a balcony cleaning day, that adds to their responsibilities. Also, lunch is served only at a specific time for certain crew and if they don't get down there, they miss out.

Maybe I am easy going but I see how hard crew works and even though I cruise in a suite I am content to wait my turn wherever our cabin falls in the rotation. Just because I might turn the wheel to MAKE UP ROOM do I think the steward needs to adjust their routine and address MY needs immediately. I would certainly not complain if I felt it wasn't quick enough. The only exception was if I had a gathering planned and in that event I would ask a day early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free