LUGGAGE CARRY ON SIZE onto Ship

junetraveler2014

Can anyone answer this question: Are you able to carry-on a 28" and 22" piece of luggage onto the Summit in Cape Liberty? I ask because it seems you have to bussed to the ship from the sign on area. Thank you.

As long as can fit thru an airport type scanner your OK.

Can anyone answer this question: Are you able to carry-on a 28" and 22" piece of luggage onto the Summit in Cape Liberty? I ask because it seems you have to bussed to the ship from the sign on area. Thank you.

There should be workers to meet the bus and take your large bags to load. You only need to keep up with your smaller carry-ons. You may need to carry them around for awhile if your cabin is not yet ready. You don't really want to cart all your luggage with you even if it does fit through the scanner (I don't think a 28" will fit).

There will be porters for your luggage. While passengers are "bussed" to the ship, the bus ride is minimal in length. In fact, most passengers could walk the distance in less time than the bus ride. We were told that we had to take the busses since Bayonne is an industrial port. Don't try to carry your luggage to the ship.

Scanners are the size airports use. A 28" case probably won't go through. Your 22" should be fine, as would a soft suit bag or large tote bags. You will need to take the port bus to get from the terminal to the ship at Port Liberty

Edited by cruisestitch