Door Magnets/Posters?

wwforever11

So, on Ebay they are selling these magnetic door signs/posters for cruisers. Is this something that many have on their cabin door?

More people decorate their doors on Disney than most other lines. That said, I would guess maybe 25%.

Edited by Scrapnana

During our 2/13 Fantasy sailing, we saw maybe 20 other doors decorated. We had to look for them though. Their were lots of doors with fish extenders though. We don't usually do that.

Ours was pretty covered. I had fun making them, and we don't even have any kids. :D

It varies how many folks decorate their cabins, but it is not uncommon on Disney. We always decorate our door (and no kids!), although I prefer to make my own magnets rather than shell out money for them. I use Avery magnet paper and, depending on size, can get several magnets on one sheet. All you need is a few good blank templates and something as simple as Microsoft Office (although a lot of people prefer Photoshop or the like) and you are good to go!

It varies how many folks decorate their cabins, but it is not uncommon on Disney. We always decorate our door (and no kids!), although I prefer to make my own magnets rather than shell out money for them. I use Avery magnet paper and, depending on size, can get several magnets on one sheet. All you need is a few good blank templates and something as simple as Microsoft Office (although a lot of people prefer Photoshop or the like) and you are good to go!

I don't like to put the magnet paper through my printer. Did that for my first cruise. This last time I simply printed on photo paper and used self stick magnet dots that you can buy in Michael's. Not one fell off and it was so easy. You can even just use the magnet dots on any of your own pictures. The more personal you can make it the better. We are seniors and we had 8 cabins and we all decorated. Will do the same in 2014.

My niece and I decorated our doors for our last Disney cruise and it was great fun. We printed out different pictures to match each day of the cruise and attached pieces of magnetic tape to the back of each. There are some great designers out there who make designs to be used for Disney magnets. If you google for Disney Mickey heads, eventually it should take you to a site that has a forum just for the creative designs. They even design different ears for the center circle on the cabin door. My door had Mickey ears wearing a sailor hat for most nights and a pirate hat for pirate night. Not too many decorated their doors for my cruise (it was an eight-night cruise out of NYC), but we didn't care. They made it easy to find our cabin. I really missed having a decorated door on my last cruise which wasn't a Disney, so I can't wait for my cruise next summer. I plan to decorate for that one. Just keep in mind if you do decorate, Disney only allows magnet decorations and no other adhesives so their doors/walls won't get ruined.

Door decorations vary. Sometimes (especially specialty cruises) will have a lot, some cruises have relatively few.

The quality of magnets and magnetic paper varies. The weak ones that don't hold well enough are a pain--every time you open your door, your magnets can fall off!

I don't like to put the magnet paper through my printer.

It depends on the printer you use. With our current printer, I have never had a problem (and I have printed probably close to 50 or 60 pages on it since I have made magnets for others as well). Our old printer would have never liked that paper though.

Just got back yesterday from the Magic and there were not many door magnets. I had quite a few as it helped my 2 year old niece know where her cabin was.

I used glossy photo paper. I bought magnent strips at the dollar store and stuck it on the back. It worked great they didn't slip at all.

I FORGOT about this! My two year will love this! It'll keep her busy and she'll be able to find the our door.

Maybe I'll make some. I found some stickers she REALLY wanted, but I just couldn't, but if I make them magnates, then I can justify the price.

ummmm..

btw, what are fish extenders?

I FORGOT about this! My two year will love this! It'll keep her busy and she'll be able to find the our door.

Maybe I'll make some. I found some stickers she REALLY wanted, but I just couldn't, but if I make them magnates, then I can justify the price.

ummmm..

btw, what are fish extenders?

Out side your door, there is a message holder (usually shaped like a fish)

detyeg.jpg

Before your cruise, you sign up on your Roll Call or other internet site to talk to and plan your cruise with others on the same cruise. If desired, a Fish Extender Gift Exchange is set up.

Basically you make some sort of hanging holder (similar to a shoe holder, maybe) with pockets in it to place over the fish message holder.

2wciofm.jpg

And the people signed up on the FE place small gifts in them during the cruise. Sort of like a secret Santa exchange.

Edited by Shmoo here

• 2 weeks later...

using 50% off coupons I bought cardstock characters and magnets at Micheal's. I used super glue. I have a set of Princesses and a set of Mickey and Friends. I found a Sopia sticker in one of dd's books, stuck it to cardboard, and added a magnets. I need to find Tinkerbell and I'll be set!

I also went to the dollar store. I found pirate stickers and a Disney princess puzzle. Same thing, I added magnets with glue sticks.

She'll get a few the first night with her 'tinkerbell' gifts, a few more each night or so, depending on how it goes!

Door is decorated and she gets to play, win win.