Transportation from Port Everglades to FLL

shutterbug63

It's way early, but I'm a bit OCD when it comes to planning.

This is our 3rd cruise but our first out of Fort Lauderdale where we haven't had a car the day we return. Also our first on the Oasis (March of next year). I'm looking for recommendations for transportation from the port to the Fort Lauderdale airport. We won't be under tremendous time pressure because our flight doesn't leave until 2.

Is it possible to just walk off the ship and get a taxi? Or can someone recommend a shuttle service I can pre-book? We won't have bags as we're planning on using luggage valet.

Any information is appreciated.

Agree - taxi for about $15 (they run on the meter, not a flat rate like in Miami or Tampa -- do not let them get away with the "Ignore the meter, there's a $25 minimum charge" scam some drivers try to pull. :mad:).

Taxi's are easy and inexpensive. Coming off the Oasis you just exit the building and go to the left. There will be plenty of taxi's. It's a pretty short trip to the airport.

With your plan you can enjoy the ship a little longer. Enjoy a good breakfast, ask for a middle or later departure and just relax in your assigned departure lounge.

Edited by Eng23

We were on Emerald Princess and just walked off with our luggage and took a taxi. We were at FLL by 8am. My sisters just cruised on Oasis and they did the same. They had an 11am flight and their airline offered to change their flights to an earlier one and arrived home 3 hours earlier than scheduled. So just relax and have a great time on your last morning!

Just came home yesterday off the Oasis. Off ship @ 7:30 am walked off with luggage (2 adults and 2 kids). one hour at customs. huge line up.

Left building lots of taxis around. $12.10 to FLL. Few dollars tip and then lined up at Southwest to check our luggage in. We asked the driver how much and he said "meter". Which is what i wanted to hear. If he gives you a flat rate, that is a scam. It is all meter but better to ask in advance to make sure there are no issues when you get to the airport.

Taxi is by far the easiest cheapest way to get to FLL from Port Everglades. You may have a bit of a wait for a cab after you get of the ship if it is a busy port day. The longest we have waited was about 20 mins. Most times it is much quicker, maybe 5 to 10 mins. Like others have said, it should be about $15.00. And some cabbies will try to tell you it is a flat rate - happened to us our first time. Now we know better. Just make sure the meter is on.