What is a minibar?

Top Dog 1

Actually, it's a refrigerator. Just like the one you have at home, I assume, only smaller.

not even remotely. it is not even equivalent to a dorm fridge in terms of usefulness.

it will keep items cool, not cold.. you cannot store milk long term for instance. if you have meds that need to be kept at or below a certain temp you have to get a medical fridge from Special needs.

It barely kept my wheel of brie at a safe temp.

Actually, it's a refrigerator. Just like the one you have at home, I assume, only smaller.

Not like the one I have at home. Mine makes things cold that are not. The one in the cabin will merely keep things cool that already are. Will not keep things like milk cold.

Actually, it is a dorm fridge (cube style)....if it's in a cabinet, keeping the cabinet door ajar really helps it cool....it needs airflow.

While I've never try storing "perishables", it does keep drinks cool enough not to melt the ice you should put in a drink, if you want it cold!!!

It's not a "minibar" in the accepted sense of the word....no alcohol at all!!!!

Edited by cb at sea

Actually, it is a dorm fridge (cube style)....if it's in a cabinet, keeping the cabinet door ajar really helps it cool....it needs airflow.

it is so NOT a dorm fridge. not even keeping the outer cabinet door open turns it into anything vaguely resembling a device that chills or freezes.

as previously stated, it will keep stuff ALREADY chilled chilled longer than leaving it on the counter. it will NOT magically transform anything at room temp to something below room temp.

My dorm fridges not only were freaking arctic level ( for the beer of course) I had to regularly unplug the suckers to de ice the freezer compartment.