Celebrity Connections Registration Issues

LauraS

What error are you getting? I think you're the first one to report it's not working for them in a few weeks. And please don't say "it's not working"

The error I'm getting is "Only purchased booking can register CruiseCritic Party"

I just tried it and it worked for me. One thing you need is an actual confirmation from Celebrity, then (my opinion) make sure you go to the Celebrity site and make sure your confirmation number is associated with your profile. Good Luck! :D

I just tried it and it worked for me. One thing you need is an actual confirmation from Celebrity, then (my opinion) make sure you go to the Celebrity site and make sure your confirmation number is associated with your profile. Good Luck! :D

It's all on my profile but still not working, Thanks for your good wishes :)

I also have been trying to register for the Cruise Credit Mixer as

well as online check in for the past 3 weeks. It has been so

frustrating to say the least. Sad to say, I am happy to hear

it just isn't me having the problems. A big organization like them certainly

doesn't seem to have a good IT dept. Hope they get the problems

fixed asap!

I also have been trying to register for the Cruise Credit Mixer as

well as online check in for the past 3 weeks. It has been so

frustrating to say the least. Sad to say, I am happy to hear

it just isn't me having the problems. A big organization like them certainly

doesn't seem to have a good IT dept. Hope they get the problems

fixed asap!

If you cannot do online check-in, either, then you need to contact Celebrity because there is clearly something wrong with your reservation in their system.

At the moment, based on the very few current reported problems here, this problem seems to be resolved, with the exception of a few people who have isolated problems with their reservations.

mgmbw1119$, what message do you get when you try to register or do online check-in?

I get a system down for maintenance please try later message every time

I try. I have called into celebrity on line customer service. They advised

me that their IT dept is working on the issue. If it isn't resolved by the

time we cruise. We have to fill out the paperwork there. That is the

story so far.

• 2 weeks later...
The error I'm getting is "Only purchased booking can register CruiseCritic Party"

Hi,

I was able to do the online registration a few days ago;

but could not register for the Meet & Mingle - I'm getting the same message you did.

Hello Everyone:

Many of you have experienced difficulties registering to attend a Connections party on board your next cruise. These technical issues have arisen due to the recent updates to the Celebrity website.

As information, the entire functionality to register to attend a Connections party is housed on Celebrity's web servers, NOT on Cruise Critic. I have asked for assistance from a number of sources in getting this fixed.

I realize that when you call Celebrity's customer service folks, or even the Captain's Club, you are receiving directions to send us your personal information along with your booking ID reservations numbers. Please understand that while we would absolutely want to help you, we cannot and and ask that you do not send us your personal information.

In the meantime, until Celebrity fixes this issue, I'm afraid I can offer you no help at this time other than to keep you informed.

Laura

I asked Celebrity's Captain's Club about the problem. It seems that if you are booked on a group rate, you can't register until the entire group is fully paid.

• Administrators

Actually that isnt correct. The group needs to be fully deposited, which is different and has nothing to do with your indiv dep but is the amt agreed upon between agency and Celebrity

Laura

I also am trying to register with Connections and when I just called Celebrity after waiting for a while, the person had no idea what Connections is and that I would have to contact Cruise Critic. I said that I have never had this issue before and it is a Celebrity problem not a Cruise Critic one. The message I get is "Only purchased booking can register Cruise Critic Party." I have had a booking # since Dec. 3.

I can't believe it would take this long to fix this problem. I thought I was doing something wrong!!

It appears that Celebrity doesn't want any more Connection parties. Celebrity should take a good look at this thread to see how many unhappy passengers they have already! Never had this problem with Azamara!!! And Azamara gives the BEST M&M party!! Captain, senior officers, drinks and food are always at the parties! Azamara is under the RCCL family as is Celebrity!!

I had this same issue for 45 days after booking...the apparent reason was that their website system didn't recognize that the cruise was booked. When I went to "Manage Reservation", I saw the status was "On hold, expires in 24 hours" -- this being for the 45 days after booking and seeing the deposit charged on my credit card.

Anyway, I did get the status fixed by asking my TA to ask Celebrity to fix it (when I talked to them directly, nothing got done). After the reservation status went to "Booked", I was able to sign up for the Connections Party with no problem.

So.. I booked a couple of cabins last Sunday while on board Silhouette. I just tried to register my reservations for our Connections party but got an error on the first one, something about there being a problem accessing my reservation. Then I tried my second reservation and it worked fine. Then I just tried my reservation one more time (around 15 minutes after the first attempt) and it this time it worked. Odd.

Edited by MisterBill99

• 2 weeks later...
Please excuse my ignorance but I am going on my very first cruise. What do you all mean by registering for the connections party or connections on Celebrity? Is that the same thing as the Meet and Mingle? or is it something in addition to the Meet and Mingle?

On Royal Caribbean it's called Meet & Mingle. On Celebrity it's called Connections (click on the registration link and you'll see, although I see it does say M&M on the link). Modern Luxury, I guess :p

Edited by MisterBill99

I could not get in through Celebrity menu so I googled Celebrity Connections and got a direct link. Worked the first time.

What Celebrity menu? I've never seen a link to it on the Celebrity website. On the other hand, it's prominently displayed on the Cruise Critic website. In fact, it's on the right hand side of this page, probably right next to this post, under "More About Celebrity Cruises".

I do acknowledge that they make it confusing by calling it Meet & Mingle there.

Edited by MisterBill99

What Celebrity menu? I've never seen a link to it on the Celebrity website. On the other hand, it's prominently displayed on the Cruise Critic website. In fact, it's on the right hand side of this page, probably right next to this post, under "More About Celebrity Cruises".

I do acknowledge that they make it confusing by calling it Meet & Mingle there.

That's the link from CC that didn't work. The google link was a bit different.

With the dynamic changes that hit the Celebrity site and CC, can't tell one day from the other what will work.

That's unusual. Was it the first day? When would your first sea day have been?

Our sea day was not until day 6 of the cruise! But at 10h15 ? Everybody is either on a tour or on the beach!!!!! Should be at 4 or 5'ish ....

• 2 months later...
Hello Everyone:

Many of you have experienced difficulties registering to attend a Connections party on board your next cruise. These technical issues have arisen due to the recent updates to the Celebrity website.

As information, the entire functionality to register to attend a Connections party is housed on Celebrity's web servers, NOT on Cruise Critic. I have asked for assistance from a number of sources in getting this fixed.

I realize that when you call Celebrity's customer service folks, or even the Captain's Club, you are receiving directions to send us your personal information along with your booking ID reservations numbers. Please understand that while we would absolutely want to help you, we cannot and and ask that you do not send us your personal information.

In the meantime, until Celebrity fixes this issue, I'm afraid I can offer you no help at this time other than to keep you informed.

Laura

I don't know if you got over the glitches but please include us on the Silhouette Connections events for their June 22 sailing.

Barry and Carol Shaw,

Netanya, Israel.

• 4 weeks later...

We have not been able to access our reservation for wqeeks now. I called yetsreday and was told by a very friendly and sympathetic customer service agent that she did not know when the webiste will be fixed, although she wished she could tell me, and wished she could fix the problems for us.:confused: