what type of cabin did you wind up having if you booked an inside guarantee?

beachchairs2

for those of you with experience.......we booked an inside guarantee, F almost two years prior to our TA on the marina for nov 2014....this is our first O cruise...what kind of cabin do you think we will wind up having and when will the assignment be made....

Probably the one that you bargained for, unless you choose to buy up into a better category.

Oceania typically up-sells

In 2010 I booked an inside cabin, just a guarantee room. I was part of a 44 person wine tour. There were lots of groups on board (Nautica) and I got bumped up to outside cabin with a window. Didn't know this until I checked in. No extra charge.

Edited by bornfreenowexpensive

When we started on Oceania we booked inside cabins and were in everything from an inside cabin to a concierge veranda. A couple were complementary, a couple were for a fee.

Upgrades, whether free or a cheap upsell, are a smart marketing move as we now book a much higher cabin category after getting used to the perks from the upgrades.

I would advise, however, to only book as low as you are willing to travel in as there is no guarantee of a change.

we were assigned our cabin....although the cruise is in november...

we booked an inside guarantee and got an inside guarantee....so whoever said that is what we would get is correct...

for those who have done O before, is there a change they will upgrade us closer to sailing?

is there a reason the cabin was assigned so far in advance?

on Celeb when you book a guarantee, you get the best available at time of sailing....so we are used to doing very well with upgrades....

on Celeb when you book a guarantee, you get the best available at time of sailing....so we are used to doing very well with upgrades....

Oceania is not Celebrity :rolleyes:

You may get an upsell offer closer to sailing ..

Lyn

yes lyn, you are most correct...

What people have been trying to say is

you should book the cabin Cat you would be most happy with ...if you do manage to get an upgrade or upsell that is a bonus

You can let your TA know you are open to recieving offers

Lyn

not interested in an upsell...but will let my TA know that I am surprised that there is still a year to go and we have been given the cabin we have paid for...might as well have chosen a cabin right at the beginning rather than going for a guarantee...seems there is no benefit to a guarantee....

not interested in an upsell...but will let my TA know that I am surprised that there is still a year to go and we have been given the cabin we have paid for...might as well have chosen a cabin right at the beginning rather than going for a guarantee...seems there is no benefit to a guarantee....

I am confused .

in your post you stated you were assigned your cabin

What did you pay for & what did you get??

Edited by LHT28

...seems there is no benefit to a guarantee....

The "benefit" to booking a "Guarantee" is that one may buy onto a Cruise for the price of a Stateroom Category which has become very limited in availability.

Nothing more, nothing less.

According to you, your cost was the very minimum for the sailing in question.

Considering the quality of the Cruise which is before you, I'd say that you have already struck quite a bargain.

Enjoy!!!

On the mass market lines, sometimes a guaranty is offered at a cheaper price and many times folks get more than they paid for.

On O, you will generally get what you book. If you were expecting an upgrade on a guaranty, those are rare. All your "guaranty" meant was that all the inside cabins were accounted for but that they expected some cancellations and, if there were none, you were guaranteed to have a cabin -- and inside cabin. That is precisely what happened. IF no one had cancelled, they might have moved someone else up to an outside and given you exactly what you were guaranteed (an inside).

• 8 months later...

we are still in our inside guarantee cabin as assigned to us..it was assigned only a few weeks after we booked, even though there was still more than a year to go...... now there are 2 months to go before the cruise....no upgrades and no upsells have been offered to us....

this is our first O cruise, but have done over 45 with celebrity...where we are quite used to booking a guarantee and getting something quite wonderful....their policy is that you get the best available at time of sailing...

this will be our first time in an inside cabin in many, many years...not at all a problem but I had misunderstood what a guarantee means on O....it means exactly that, you are guaranteed what you have paid for and nothing more....others had misled me into thinking that there would be NO way O would leave first timers in an inside, that they would do all they could to lure us away from Celebrity....

obviously not.....

we are still in our inside guarantee cabin as assigned to us..it was assigned only a few weeks after we booked, even though there was still more than a year to go...... now there are 2 months to go before the cruise....no upgrades and no upsells have been offered to us....

this is our first O cruise, but have done over 45 with celebrity...where we are quite used to booking a guarantee and getting something quite wonderful....their policy is that you get the best available at time of sailing...

Oceania is not like other lines

Normally you book the Cat you want to be in & if by chance you get an offer of a better cabin ..GREAT

In the past if you booked a GTY in a specific cat you will get that CAT & others that booked a specific cabin in the same CAT will get the upgrade offers;)

We always book the CAT we will be most happy with if we get an upgrade GREAT for us

But keep whining maybe you will get an upgrade :rolleyes: