what type of cabin did you wind up having if you booked an inside guarantee?

beachchairs2

I too have enjoyed the Mr and Mrs Chucky posts which really have lightened up things. Also, we did take such an upgrade on the Baltic cruise in July and even with one sea day, the cruise was so port intensive (and we liked the ports) that we did not really use the balcony. We had really enjoyed the balcony on the South Pacific cruise but not so much when off the ship every day and traveling with friends (easier to meet and drink in the bar than on a standard balcony). The type of cruise and cruisers does make a difference in whether or not such an upgrade is worthwhile.

I too have enjoyed the Mr and Mrs Chucky posts which really have lightened up things.

TY, TYVM. The marilynfaye and me (burm by proxy) show moves to the Marina Oct 28.

Tickets are available now on Oceania.com. Upgrades are optional. ;)

Please don't forget to tip your servers & bartenders. Good night and drive safely. :D

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Sorry gals, you'll have to find your money honey somewhere else. I mentioned the no acceptance upgrade over dinner and she agreed with me. So I was RIGHT AGAIN. roflmao

She said she'd rather use that money for tours or jewelery. We haven't gotten to 24 years of marriage without knowing each other.

I told her next year is the Styrofoam anniversary. Isn't that the 25th? :cool:hahahahahaha

This just goes to show that there is someone for everyone.

My dream man would be saying, "Oh, come on, dear, I know you want to save money and book an inside, but you really deserve an Owner's suite and I am going to see that you get it."

I said that my dream man would be saying this, my DH certainly wouldn't. :p

This just goes to show that there is someone for everyone.

My dream man would be saying, "Oh, come on, dear, I know you want to save money and book an inside, but you really deserve an Owner's suite and I am going to see that you get it. Can I please borrow your credit card?"

I said that my dream man would be saying this, my DH certainly wouldn't. :p

You'd better hope the two never bump into each other. :p

Edited by ChucktownSteve

I keep watching the cabin availability for my Riviera Oct. 12th sailing.

About two weeks ago, all six categories of suites were showing sold out. Then a day or two later, one category up there became available again. Then a day or two later, all six unavailable. Now suddenly the Penthouse 1 category is available again! A1 and A4 are also sold out. There's been a little bit of fluctuation in all the veranda cabins, too, with one or two categories showing sold out.

Mysterious but fun to watch. Just seems strange that there would suddenly be a penthouse available, on more than one occasion, the month before the cruise sails.

I keep watching the cabin availability for my Riviera Oct. 12th sailing.

About two weeks ago, all six categories of suites were showing sold out. Then a day or two later, one category up there became available again. Then a day or two later, all six unavailable. Now suddenly the Penthouse 1 category is available again! A1 and A4 are also sold out. There's been a little bit of fluctuation in all the veranda cabins, too, with one or two categories showing sold out.

Mysterious but fun to watch. Just seems strange that there would suddenly be a penthouse available, on more than one occasion, the month before the cruise sails.

Why are you surprised..people cancel all the time due to emergencies..

Jancruz1

...I'm flabbergasted that the OP has "always" been well-upgrade don Celebrity whenever booking a gttee. Color me flabbergasted. I highly doubt this is coincidental. Something else must be going on that we don't know about.
As a Celebrity Elite Plus with maybe 30 Celebrity cruises, I am also flabbergasted. We have done maybe 10 Celebrity GTYs because the savings were too good to pass up, and we have been upgraded from exactly NONE (as in ZERO) of those GTYs. We got good value, had a good cruise and were happy:) despite no upgrades.

Thom