what type of cabin did you wind up having if you booked an inside guarantee?

beachchairs2

I also really like the suspence of it all....regardless of the outcome...

we paid for an inside G guarantee....on the marina...with very few insides and all seem available right now...but also there are about 68 cabins available minimum, what we can see on line....the rest we cant see......all in the balcony and penthouse categories...it is about 40 days till sail time....because it is lisbon to rio, visas are needed for rio and with the air availability as it is, there will be very few more sales , I would think...so if they dont offer good upsells, the ship may sail as much as a third empty....

just really fun to speculate....

Actually for an ocean crossing there may be some that would not want to give up an outside on Marina for an upsell offer. They are low, center and pretty nice. So you could end up with a balcony. No one knows. Patience Grasshopper.:)

Mrs Miggins, possibly it is a US thing, as I am on your cruise. I have received 2 upsell offers in the past week, one to a Vista Suite and one to a Concierge cabin, but did not accept either - the suite offer was more than I wanted to pay for this upgrade, the concierge offer did not appeal as I don't believe that is better than what I have.

The other possibility is that my cabin category is needed/waitlisted and possibly yours is not? Can't remember the cabin type you are in, I am in a Veranda with an extended balcony, B3.

Hi, hope we have a great cruise! We are in a B1 and I would normally be very happy with that but on this cruise we are joined by our 21 year old daughter so it will be a tight squeeze. A vista suite would be great and we would be willing to pay a reasonable amount but not the brochure price.

I will phone again tomorrow but not holding out much hope. Was the suite offer you had a reasonable discount?

Actually for an ocean crossing there may be some that would not want to give up an outside on Marina for an upsell offer. They are low, center and pretty nice. So you could end up with a balcony. No one knows. Patience Grasshopper.:)

you mean , they wouldnt want to give up an INSIDE.....right now they are also all available...

yes patience, indeed....

I am not beachchairs, but the way to find out about the availability is to go onto the Oceania boards and put in a "fake" booking. All the catagories come up, and you just go into each category and it will pull up available cabins. It only shows up to 7 at a time.

Ellen:)

can put in your own name...it neednt be a fake one..and you will see max 7...then you can put in other numbers of cabins to see if they also are available....to get a rough idea of how many minimum....there is no other way that I know of ...even agents cant see the whole picture...

can put in your own name...it neednt be a fake one..and you will see max 7...then you can put in other numbers of cabins to see if they also are available....to get a rough idea of how many minimum....there is no other way that I know of ...even agents cant see the whole picture...

Through the Oceania Site that is true, but there are other travel sites which have more sophisticated software.....don't assume that Agents don't know :rolleyes:

jack, knew you could do it...

I dont count the guarantee categories...on our sailing there are only 2...I assume there are no cabins available for those cats...if you purchase one of those, you will get something better or the same if it becomes available....

as for having an idea of what is available, if you have the time and an obsessive nature, like me, I make a chart of all the known facts and check them to look for changes....

but this is only if I have the time to do that...when I am busy, there is no way for this kind of close up research....

but this is only if I have the time to do that...when I am busy, there is no way for this kind of close up research....

Trust me, you are wasting your time. The people who handle such things at Oceania put a good deal of time and effort into keeping their efforts un-predictable.

-And I don't think that it is telling tales out of school when I inform you that there were some very frequent cruisers who found themselves banned for life when they tried to play "the system" just a little too closely.

To be fair, those people were doing a lot more than "keeping track", but still....

I have not forgotten the longish thread that suddenly disappeared from one of the "frequent cruisers" who got banned and proudly explained how it was done. I felt guilty when we got an upgrade offer we took while that thread was running though we were first time O cruisers with no idea about all this stuff. I had however read enough here to take the offer when I saw one we liked. We were lucky enough to get upgrades at prices we felt were fair (not free) twice on cruises that were not sold out for different reasons this year but never book a cabin we would not be happy to stay in. O finds people to fill a lot of those empty cabins by the time of a cruise. Our Baltic cruise was almost full (great offers for UK cruisers helped) despite all who would not go there this year. What we did not have was the attitude that as first time cruisers we should get something for nothing so we would come back.

I chose to respond to those here who have made this an interesting discussion....rather than those with criticisms and put downs....

banned for life for being interested in availability on a cruise? really?

well in that case.....

I know NOTHING....I see NOTHING...I hear NOTHING....could also add feel and smell NOTHING....but you get the point...

stan and jim,

wish I had known your advice right at the beginning of this topic....I would have had it removed....maybe should do so soon...

remember I am new to this, have never heard that you are not allowed to discuss this highly sensitive, top secret information...my excuse is ignorance of the newly uninformed....

my bad....

so to O.....

please forgive me for trying to find information that you dont want anyone to have, forgive me for budding my nose into secrets that are not my business....and if you put me into the boiler room for this terrible indiscretion, I will understand....as well as mopping the decks if you should so desire in pennance for my wrongdoings....

We can only book anaccessible cabins because my husband needs his scooter. That means an inside on the Regatta. We tried the deluxe OV but they are a bit too small for the scooter and we can't afford the suites. Although neither of us likes inside but what else can we do if we want to go on an Oceania R ship?

We can only book anaccessible cabins because my husband needs his scooter. That means an inside on the Regatta. We tried the deluxe OV but they are a bit too small for the scooter and we can't afford the suites. Although neither of us likes inside but what else can we do if we want to go on an Oceania R ship?

After just cruising in a deluxe OV on an R ship for the first time, my impression was that it was not substantially better than an inside stateroom, unless, of course, you are claustrophobic. At least many of the insides are in great locations, tucked in the middle of the ship, length-wise and width-wise, though this may not be true for the accessible cabins. Also, I may have mentioned this before, but I use the TV's bridge cam channel to get an idea of what's ahead or how the weather is.

Of course, I have to admit that I liked the ledge under the deluxe OV window. I was always putting oft-used or soon to be used things there (camera, key card, Currents) and it kept the stateroom a little less cluttered.

Just curious: Deluxe OVs and insides on Regatta are so similar in overall square footage, but does anyone know if the square footage is calculated to include the window, or just to where the wall would be if there was no indentation for the window? I am assuming it includes the window space, because I think the veranda cabin square footage includes the veranda space, but I'm not sure. Also, does the inside work better for a scooter because of how the room is configured (foot of bed in front of you as you enter room versus side of bed for deluxe OV)?

Edited by roothy123

My advice is simple

If u want all this information and want to know about good deals on upsell a or downsells work closely with a ta who had lots of experience with Oceania.

You don't need to do any research. Your ta will happy do it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just curious: Deluxe OVs and insides on Regatta are so similar in overall square footage, but does anyone know if the square footage is calculated to include the window, or just to where the wall would be if there was no indentation for the window? I am assuming it includes the window space, because I think the veranda cabin square footage includes the veranda space, but I'm not sure. Also, does the inside work better for a scooter because of how the room is configured (foot of bed in front of you as you enter room versus side of bed for deluxe OV)?

The Obstructed View is 143 sq. ft vs . 160 sq. ft. for the inside. The Veranda Cabins are 165 sq. ft. not including the veranda. So there is a considerable difference between the OV and Inside. Depends on what makes you happy!! I also believe there is no loveseat in the OV cabins. Arlene

The Obstructed View is 143 sq. ft vs . 160 sq. ft. for the inside. The Veranda Cabins are 165 sq. ft. not including the veranda. So there is a considerable difference between the OV and Inside. Depends on what makes you happy!! I also believe there is no loveseat in the OV cabins. Arlene

These cabins are substantially smaller but very well laid out IMO, with the length parallel to the corridor, so great access to the closets and the window can be used for bedside storage. Also, the two most forward (6030 and 6033) are barely obstructed because the small zodiacs hang from a davit below window level, so only the narrow davit obstructs the view.

We sailed in this size cabin on our first two cruises and really loved the central location. The lack of a loveseat made me much neater regarding clothing and packages, and we also had the small table removed.

Edited by CintiPam