Can you really just get naked at Orient beach?

yetti78

I do not know much about nude beaches, but at orient beach, an you really just take your clothes off and run in the water? We may be going to St. Martin on our next trip, and I'd like to give it a try.

I was on an excursion this past weekend at a beach that was so nice and warm, I wished I could have taken my clothes off and ran in...of course I didn't. (ok, maybe while I was in the water far from everyone else I may have skinny dipped a little).

There are areas along Orient Beach that you can go without your clothes. To be honest, I was aboard Adventure of the Seas last July and we went to Orient Beach as part of a tour. When we were there I was shocked to see the people that get nude...out of shape really old people. My fiance and I were there for about 30-45 mins and didn't see one couple that could justify being nude on a beach in front of others.

Hey, if you like the nude beach thing, who cares......go and let it all hang out!

All the way on the right is the Club Orient. That is the clothing optional beach although I have seen some people walk past their sign starkers.

As for boies, don't expect Jennifers and Brads. Most of the people really let it all hang out or maybe down is that correct word. Usually the older people are the less inhibited and the beautiful people are shy or unwilling to share. Very few kids there as well. There is a bare cruise on a Cat that leaves from the bar/restaurant depending on the length of time you have on STM.

Go ahead and enjoy. Another nuse beach is at Cupercoy on the Dutch side. Part is staright and part gay but no real services there and not really a pretty beach.:eek:

I've not been to Orient, but have seen other nude and/or topless beaches. They are not about "showing off" or being stared at - nope, they are not all in pefect shape, just regular people. They are just people who prefer to be nude on the beach.

I've been there several times. The one side is the clothing optional but the nude people walk everywhere on the whole beach. It's a shock at first to see naked people walking around if you're not used it, but after a while you get used to it and it's no big deal. I wish I was brave enough to get au natural and go for a swim but I just can't do it! I'm a wimp!

You can do whatever you feel comfortable with but I should warn you, last year I was there with my girlfriend, we decided to go for a walk -- she went topless, I didn't and we ran into the Dr. and his wife from our table. I understand Drs. see all kinds but I didn't need him remembering me that way for the rest of the cruise. We also ran into a couple from our hometown that were on another ship - as they say...."It's a small world!

You can do whatever you feel comfortable with but I should warn you, last year I was there with my girlfriend, we decided to go for a walk -- she went topless, I didn't and we ran into the Dr. and his wife from our table. I understand Drs. see all kinds but I didn't need him remembering me that way for the rest of the cruise. We also ran into a couple from our hometown that were on another ship - as they say...."It's a small world!

If you didn't go topless, what did he see that you didn't want him to remember?

And the couple from your hometown?

just wondering

The red sandstone bluffs provide a dramatic backdrop for the light tan sand and blue sea. The shore does drop off somewhat steeply and the water tends to be a little rougher than Orient. There are a "whole lot" less people. If you're an Atlantic fan, you'll prefer Orient; if you're a Pacific fan, you'll prefer Cupecoy. If you enjoy circuses, you'll prefer Orient; if you enjoy the quietness of the surf, you'll prefer Cupecoy.

Plus, Sunset Beach Bar is on your way back to the ship from Cupecoy.

Another beach you might want to consider is Baie Rouge on the west coast. (I've never been there).

Justifying...being nude on a nude beach?

Just thought I'd ask...............................

(Beachchick here)

Exactly what I was wondering. IMO, there's no need to "justify" being topless on a topless beach or nude on a nude beach. Sorry, the whole "don't go topless/nude unless you have a young, buff, perfect body" thing makes as much sense as "don't leave your house if you don't have a young, buff, perfect body" because either way you are "subjecting" others to your imperfect self. (If you don't want to look at imperfect bodies, don't go to a topless/nude beach in the first place. It's not a contest to see who has the best body; it's a way of enjoying the beach throughout a good portion of the world.)

beachchick

If you're an Atlantic fan, you'll prefer Orient; if you're a Pacific fan, you'll prefer Cupecoy.

Hmmmm, "...a Pacific fan...", I guess you mean because they both point west.

Only problem with Cupecoy is the very frequent lack of sand. In April there was no sand at all. Now you see it, now you don't. In additioin, because of its location on the island and local topography, there is commonly no breeze. It gets pretty hot.

Sorry, the whole "don't go topless/nude unless you have a young, buff, perfect body" thing makes as much sense as "don't leave your house if you don't have a young, buff, perfect body" because either way you are "subjecting" others to your imperfect self....

Other than for maybe two, I have yet to see a bad topless female. But it could have been my 6-pack of Carib beer for lunch! ;)

but here's my first, and most prominent thought...I hate it when I get sand between my TOES that sticks for longer than I'd like...I cannot even IMAGINE the quantity of sand that gets lodged in the multitude of uncomfortable spots if one goes nude on the beach...WOW.:eek: LOL you guys can do what you want, but not THIS cruiser for that SOLE reason.

and as for not seeing "perfect bods" on the nude beach...I don't remember seeing it described or advertised as the "perfect bods only" nude beach. if you go there, you have to expect to see anything and everything, I think.

I love Orient Beach and go straight there whenever I am in St. Martin. If I am alone or with someone comfortable being nude, I head for that end. If not, I will go to the other end and just be topless. I find it very natural and think it is sad that some people think they need to "justify" being nude by having a perfect body. This is exactly opposite of the whole point!

There are beaches on several islands like this and these are always my preference (except at places like Hedonism where being naked is an in your face thing and purposefully provocative).

BTW, I am 49YO and there are plenty of folks of all ages on these beaches, with all body types. Most are not there to show off, just to enjoy the freedom nude swimming and sunbathing offers.

It is a family beach.

If you didn't go topless, what did he see that you didn't want him to remember?

And the couple from your hometown?

just wondering

That was the point, he didn't see anything to remember and I wasn't embarrassed to go to dinner every night. The couple from the hometown saw me topless just as I saw them. My comment is, if you're going be embarrassed if someone you know sees you then think twice about doing it. Don't think that because you're in the Caribbean that you won't run into someone you know.

There are areas along Orient Beach that you can go without your clothes. To be honest, I was aboard Adventure of the Seas last July and we went to Orient Beach as part of a tour. When we were there I was shocked to see the people that get nude...out of shape really old people. My fiance and I were there for about 30-45 mins and didn't see one couple that could justify being nude on a beach in front of others.

Everytime this subject comes up, there's someone to make a comment similar to the one above. I would suggest a blindfold for anyone who thinks we should all look like models. Then we "out of shape really old people" can point out your imperfections for you.

But to answer the OP, you can go nude without problem at Club Orient on the far right side (southern) end of the beach. Traveling north, topless is pretty much okay although the Wa-ki-ki area (red beach chairs) is where the ship tours drop people and they might freak. ;) There are other spots along the beach where nudity is accepted, but I'm going to keep those places to myself, seeing as how I'm not in the shape I used to be and don't want to offend anyone. :)

Doc

Everytime this subject comes up, there's someone to make a comment similar to the one above. I would suggest a blindfold for anyone who thinks we should all look like models. Then we "out of shape really old people" can point out your imperfections for you.

But to answer the OP, you can go nude without problem at Club Orient on the far right side (southern) end of the beach. Traveling north, topless is pretty much okay although the Wa-ki-ki area (red beach chairs) is where the ship tours drop people and they might freak. ;) There are other spots along the beach where nudity is accepted, but I'm going to keep those places to myself, seeing as how I'm not in the shape I used to be and don't want to offend anyone. :)

Doc

(Beachchick here)

True, they might freak, but as you ;) that is their problem. Truth is that it's not just "okay" for women to be topless on all of Orient Beach, it's okay for women to be topless at all beaches on the French side of the island.

In fact, we were down at Pedro's last time. Beautiful, perfect day. Lots of topless ladies, all shapes and sizes and ages; all enjoying the beach. Some nude folks from Club Orient, which BTW for those who don't know is in fact clothing optional. DH and I took a walk through their part of the beach (gorgeous) and saw everything from suit with cover up to "naked as the day we are born." Everyone was relaxed and happy. Lots of the men would wear their suits into the water, but then you'd see them kind of say "what the heck" and toss it up onto the beach. No one was "flaunting" or shoving their nakedness on anyone else.

Anyway, the people who looked out of place all along Orient, and especially from Club Orient to past La Playa, were the gaggles of cruise pax (some very obvious with their ship logo shirts and matching totes). Many of them were walking along the edge of the water fully clothed (shoes, socks, shorts/pants, tops, shirts, etc.; c'mon--shoes and socks at the water's edge on a beach?) staring at the people sunbathing. Sometimes they would whisper to each other and point (how rude!).

So, I guess it's all a matter of perspective, civility, respect, and understanding local customs. It's true, the bottom line (so to speak) is if you don't want to see it, don't go to a beach where it's allowed, which includes many, many countries throughout the world. I think it's sad when people are that restrictive in their world view. The fact is that the entire world doesn't revolve around what any one individual (or group of people) think is acceptable.

(Okay, off my often topless, but only when allowable, soapbox.)

beachchick

• 1 month later...

Coming in late. The world is filled with imperfect people and they have every right to be nude on a nude beach. I am flabbergasted that there are people in the world that think someone should have to pass some sort of "perfection test" before they wear a bathing suit or go nude.

Coming in late. The world is filled with imperfect people and they have every right to be nude on a nude beach. I am flabbergasted that there are people in the world that think someone should have to pass some sort of "perfection test" before they wear a bathing suit or go nude.

You and me too! Some people almost seem to think that only "perfect" people should be allowed out in public. I guess the rest of us should wear "beach burkas" so the sight of our less than perfect bodies does not cause the hyper-critical to go blind.

You and me too! Some people almost seem to think that only "perfect" people should be allowed out in public. I guess the rest of us should wear "beach burkas" so the sight of our less than perfect bodies does not cause the hyper-critical to go blind.

Disagree. It's clearly St. Martin policy that only perfect bodies are to be displayed in the nude. Here's proof: http://www.st-maarten-info.com/St-Maarten-Beaches/stmaarten_NudeBeaches.html

Nicknack - Hey, one of those ladies is NOT ORIGINAL ISSUE! Portions of her body have been remanufactured. Remember the guidance from the movie "The Graduate"......

PLASTIC!

Archived