I think I have a cruise critic addiction!

21 days until my first ever cruise and I have never spent this much time on one website in my life. My kids tell me I know too much about cruising already. Not sure what I am going to do once my cruise is over. Looking forward to posting a review (hopefully it will be a good one) and helping others with info. Love this site.

21 days until my first ever cruise and I have never spent this much time on one website in my life. My kids tell me I know too much about cruising already. Not sure what I am going to do once my cruise is over. Looking forward to posting a review (hopefully it will be a good one) and helping others with info. Love this site.

Sure you have a fabulous time. I can remember the lead up to my first cruise. I booked it like a year in advance. Now I book them so the waiting time not so far apart. I get withdrawals.

What are you going to do when this cruise is over??.....look forward to the next one (or two or three!!). My philosophy is you should never get off a ship without having the next one booked!

Edited by Fletch1

Great ship, Rhapsody, and we will be on her on Saturday:D:D

I was exactly like you. Hubby bought me a 2 night cruise from Sydney to Brisbane for my 50th to see if I like it.............. Been one expensive present :) he's got me hooked! have been on 3 cruises in the last 15 months! Lucky we both feel the same and are keeping our eye out for the next bargain. Hopefully Feb/March next year. If I can cruise every 6 months I will be happy :)

I'm the same and still have 67 days to go. I've started keeping a list of things to remember that seem important to know. I think it'll be a big folder by the time it's our date of departure!

Enjoy your cruise.

There is only one cure for your addiction.......more cruises - here is your prescription: Take one cruise annually - more than one if your symptoms persist - in case of emergency - please contact your travel agent :p:p:p

Edited by dizzy1948

We need a "like" button.;)

There is only one cure for your addiction.......more cruises - here is your prescription: Take one cruise annually - more than one if your symptoms persist - in case of emergency - please contact your travel agent :p:p:p

Doesn't work..... :( 31 nights this year and another 14 nights at the end of March and I could do even more....

It seems that we are a small percentage of the cruising public as anyone I spoke to on our recent cruise about Cruise Critic had never heard of it.

I wonder how you can possibly cruise without Cruise Critic and all you learn from the posts both here in Australia and the overseas threads.

BTW I like to check on the top right hand side of people's posts to check how long they've been a member and how many posts they've made in that time. THAT shows who are addicted! :)

It seems that we are a small percentage of the cruising public as anyone I spoke to on our recent cruise about Cruise Critic had never heard of it.

I wonder how you can possibly cruise without Cruise Critic and all you learn from the posts both here in Australia and the overseas threads.

BTW I like to check on the top right hand side of people's posts to check how long they've been a member and how many posts they've made in that time. THAT shows who are addicted! :)

Aaah, but there is the rub, I read almost every thread in Australian Cruisers, First Time Cruisers, Cruise Questions, the new threads in the cruise line we are travelling on, the threads about the ports we are going to every single day, but I only seem to post in my actual roll call. I'm still addicted :) I think it will be worse once we actually have our first cruise.

Aaah, but there is the rub, I read almost every thread in Australian Cruisers, First Time Cruisers, Cruise Questions, the new threads in the cruise line we are travelling on, the threads about the ports we are going to every single day, but I only seem to post in my actual roll call. I'm still addicted :) I think it will be worse once we actually have our first cruise.

I love :D Cruise Critic and try to get a dose of it everyday. Much easier on days I work because I can eat my lunch while enjoying people's posts.

Another thread I like is the cruise fashion posts. I love :p to see what people are buying for their upcoming cruises. Its interesting to see what people class as formal and gives my ideas on what to take with me.

I always look at the Australian/NZ :) Cruisers. Now we have a NZ cruise booked for next year I have been able to get plenty of information from posts.