Croisières de France

pooh/tigger

Either I'm blind or just having one of those days but I'm unable to find information about this cruise line on here. Help :D:D:D

Never heard of this line. Is it a riverboat line?

You might try on the web instead.

You might find some comments from other travellers on other travel agency web sites.

I believe it is a French cruise line owned by Pullmantur which is a Spanish-based company. Most of the Croisières de France ships are older vessels which used to be in the US market (such as the old Horizon of Celebrity). The CDF line actually has their home office in Paris and they primarily market to the French speaking world.

Hank

CDF is a division of Pullmantur, RCCL's wholly owned Spanish subsidiary. Both lines ships are often jointly marketed to both Spanish and French passengers, but English is widely spoken on board the ships. In 2014 ex-Celebrity ships Horizon and Zenith will sail for CDF, while ex-RCI ships Empress, Sovereign, and Monarch will sail for Pullmantur. FYI these two lines were the first and so far only mainstream cruiselines to offer all-inclusive cruising on all ships on all iteneraries. AND the majority of reviews available are pretty positive.

We really do not see the problem as there is plenty of online info about this cruise line. There main web site is at:

http://www.cdfcroisieresdefrance.com/#

Of course their web site is in French, but my thinking is that if one cannot handle a French language web site they probably should not consider this cruise line. Most of their passengers will be French Speaking, and the primary language onboard will be French. Many of our fellow American cruisers are unaware that there is a real cruise world out there that is not aimed towards we Americans. The French, Germans and Spanish all have their favorite cruise lines where their languages are primary. There are some Americans who go on those European-based lines....but we suspect that most have pretty good language skills in the primary language.

A few years ago DW and did a week cruise on a Greek yacht where there were 20 passengers....10 German, 8 Dutch, and us. The crew was all Greek and only 2 of them spoke any English. It turned out to be fun, but it was a bit of a challenge with the communication issues (fortunately for us, the Dutch all spoke some English). Anyone who wants to go on a cruise ship which is primarily intended for those that speak another language need to prepared for some of the language and cultural challenges.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

I was looking at the Croicieres de France cruise out of Barbados. Seems to be a very nice line although French is the major language. (they do speak other languages while cruising in the Caribbean including English) One of the best features that I could see was that it is all inclusive. Beer, wine, and well drinks, Wine with meals. No gratuities. Interesting ports.

Problem we had was flights to Barbados are expensive. Award tickets don't allow stopovers so we would not be able to stop in South Florida and visit the inlaws.

There are very good videos on You Tube on Crocieres de France. Check them out.

CDF Croisières de France is a subsidiary of Pullmantur Cruises, catering to the French cruise market, with French as the primary language used onboard. The line offers cruises to the Mediterranean operating from mid-March until November These ships are very small compared to the mass market lines, less then 50,000 tons, and cater to the French cruiser..