How many E-docs to print?

parttimr

Only our second cruise but thought on our Carnival cruise when we printed our boarding passes we had one each in our own names. Went to print ours for this cruise on NCL in January on the Dawn and it shows both of us on one ticket so was wondering do you only need one copy of the documents to cover us both or one for each of us. Thanks.

Only our second cruise but thought on our Carnival cruise when we printed our boarding passes we had one each in our own names. Went to print ours for this cruise on NCL in January on the Dawn and it shows both of us on one ticket so was wondering do you only need one copy of the documents to cover us both or one for each of us. Thanks.

one page, one doc, that is all. In fact I have yet to have anyone even look at it, but better to be safe than sorry.

What if you bring zero printouts? What do they even do with them? I have mine downloaded on my iPad; will that be enough, or will they refuse to let me board because I didn't print a hard copy?

Still kinda new technology, I wonder if many people have done this yet. I suppose it would depend on whether or not they need to keep a "hard" copy. I wouldn't image they would.

If you are parking at the port, some (New Orleans for example) will ask to see your documents before letting you into the parking garage, and the porters there also asked to see them. I think that is the only time anyone ever asked to see it.

If you are parking at the port, some (New Orleans for example) will ask to see your documents before letting you into the parking garage, and the porters there also asked to see them. I think that is the only time anyone ever asked to see it.

There's parking across the street at the Hertz building. It's half the price and you don't have to show any cruise papers.

Also, you don't HAVE to bring any papers except your passport. The edocs speed up your check-in, but everything is on the computer. And, before all the "experts" at cruise critic disagree with me, I went to Venice on the Spirit in 2012 with nothing but my passport.

Edited by keystoneboarder

Also, you don't HAVE to bring any papers except your passport. The edocs speed up your check-in, but everything is on the computer. And, before all the "experts" at cruise critic disagree with me, I went to Venice on the Spirit in 2012 with nothing but my passport.

There is no need to bash anybody and I don't think that anyone has said that the documents would be mandatory - they are strongly recommended, yes, but there are even people here on CC not doing the online check-in at all and still being able to cruise just fine, their embarkation just isn't as smooth as it is for the rest of us.

Edited by Demonyte

There's parking across the street at the Hertz building. It's half the price and you don't have to show any cruise papers.

There are also a ton of hotels that have stay and cruise with free parking for the week. I was just letting people know that if they park at the port, the porters will ask to see the papers. Though I am sure they have a list if you don't have them printed.

Correct....reference NCL. For the NCL part of the check in, the "cruise ticket" is a convenience, not a necessity. However, in some ports, to get as far as the NCL portion of the check in, some security requires proof of cruise (cruise ticket). Without it, don't know what the alternative would be.

However, in some ports, to get as far as the NCL portion of the check in, some security requires proof of cruise (cruise ticket). Without it, don't know what the alternative would be.

If they can get the porters a printout of the passenger manifest, I'm sure the security personnel can also have one or at least know who to ask to find out if a passenger is booked on the cruise or not. ;)