1-2-3??? Question?

jerseygirl3

I'm hoping somebody can answer a question for me.

I had planned on waiting til we're aboard the Equinox in January to book our 2015 cruise. I do understand that by doing that, we would be entitled to the 1-2-3 promo (we'd take the beverage package) as well as an add'l perk (I saw on the future reservation form the two are combinable).

We're now considering not waiting until then to book. If we book now, is the 1-2-3 promo still combinable with another perk from Celebrity (i.e., shareholder credit?)? I keep hearing conflicting stories.

Can someone who booked today tell me if they got to combine an add'l perk with the 1-2-3 promo?

Thanks!

I had planned on waiting til we're aboard the Equinox in January to book our 2015 cruise. I do understand that by doing that, we would be entitled to the 1-2-3 promo (we'd take the beverage package) as well as an add'l perk (I saw on the future reservation form the two are combinable).

We're now considering not waiting until then to book. If we book now, is the 1-2-3 promo still combinable with another perk from Celebrity (i.e., shareholder credit?)? I keep hearing conflicting stories.

Can someone who booked today tell me if they got to combine an add'l perk with the 1-2-3 promo?

Thanks!

We purchased a couple of future passages from Celebrity back in March as we were told they were combinable. We've since booked two cruises on celebrity and were not able to use them with the promotions we were offered...which included the beverage package. We were also offered free gratuities on one and a special buyers choice cruise experience on the other -- so maybe that was just too many promotions. I don't worry too much as I will use the passages coupons sometime. There are just better deals out there right now that I am taking advantage of, so will use those open passages when nothing else is available.

Thanks!

Hi Jerseygirl,

Im hearing that despite other comments by members (including myself), I've recently learned that Shareholder benefit is not combinable with most (if not all) other offers, including 123 GO, and booking onboard - which is combinable with 1 other promotional offer - other than shareholder. With that said, I'm hearing the onboard booking is not combinable with Shareholder OBC. I've checked this both onboard, and with someone at Celebrity, who absolutely should be inb the know - and was told that Shareholder benefit is not combinable with promos. Of course, others may have better luck, but I'm reporting what I was told over the past 2 weeks.

As for booking 123 onboard with the new program, you should be able to combine it with 1 other offer other than Shareholder. It would seem that if booking onboard, you can receive both the booking onboard OBC, and 123 GO, which is a very rich offer.

I hope this is helpful !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Jerseygirl,

Im hearing that despite other comments by members (including myself), I've recently learned that Shareholder benefit is not combinable with most (if not all) other offers, including 123 GO, and booking onboard - which is combinable with 1 other promotional offer - other than shareholder. With that said, I'm hearing the onboard booking is not combinable with Shareholder OBC. I've checked this both onboard, and with someone at Celebrity, who absolutely should be inb the know - and was told that Shareholder benefit is not combinable with promos. Of course, others may have better luck, but I'm reporting what I was told over the past 2 weeks.

As for booking 123 onboard with the new program, you should be able to combine it with 1 other offer other than Shareholder. It would seem that if booking onboard, you can receive both the booking onboard OBC, and 123 GO, which is a very rich offer.

I hope this is helpful !

Thanks Andy! Now the question is, should we wait until we're onboard the Equinox the end of January and book onboard and chance a price increase or book now and get just the 1-2-3 promo.

Hi Jerseygirl,

I hope this is helpful !

I had shareholder credit for our first 2 Celebrity cruises -last year - but lost obc for early booking. It isn't combinable with other promotions which generally means no shareholder credit unlike what Ccl do. You get both the value of promotions and shareholder credit.

While the shares have done very well since we purchased them, part of the incentive to own them is the shareholder credit. It boosts the annual income. I am now thinking, since I have drinks packages for the next 5 cruises that we should take the profit on the shares.

Gordon

Thanks Andy! Now the question is, should we wait until we're onboard the Equinox the end of January and book onboard and chance a price increase or book now and get just the 1-2-3 promo.

I am not Andy, but I am going to assume that you might not mind other opinions. If you live in the US or someone where you can cancel without a penalty I would suggest you book it now. If you find that the price has not increased I would think that you could cancel and rebook. Personally I am not sure that I would risk waiting. I also have a cruise in January and I booked a 2015 yesterday because of the 123 Promo.

Of course you should wait and see what Andy thinks because he has a lot more experience.

Good luck.

I've been waiting all week to book a cruise to Alaska next year and I already was getting a military discount. I waited til today figuring I might be able to add the OBC on. No such luck Celebrity will only allow one promo per booking. I got a better price break with the military discount that it would be dumb to cancel and re-book, plus I wouldn't get any better pricing.

When you look at it Celebrity is not in business to give stuff away,I'll just stick with the best deal and look forward to a great cruise.

J.