Ocean temps in Nov.

fourkittys

I am ready to book our next years cruise and need your opinions please. I am wondering about the water temps at the end of Nov. first of Dec. for Half Moon Cay. I love the water and can book either Oct. or earlier Nov. but the price and cabin location plus Christmas decorations is best for Nov. 30 week. So what do you all think? Thank you!

So you want to know what the water temperatures will be a year from now? :rolleyes:

Seriously???? I think they're trying to get a general idea is if the Bahamas water is warm in November. Come on. Why do some people have to be like this all the time???????? If you have nothing helpful to contribute then don't post.

Bring bathing suit you will need it. It is the tropics and will be warm.

Bahamas aren't really the tropics, though. There is NO WAY that I would get in the water but I'm a spoiled Floridian. I won't get into the ocean until late May :D

Seriously???? I think they're trying to get a general idea is if the Bahamas water is warm in November. Come on. Why do some people have to be like this all the time???????? If you have nothing helpful to contribute then don't post.

I've been reading these forums alot lately, and I've noticed arush's posts always seem to be sarcastic or rude.

This website shows an average water temp of 81F, which sounds warm enough to me, but i'm Canadian! We were in Nassau in December last year and was a good temp.

http://www.myweather2.com/Holiday-Destinations/Bahamas/Half-Moon-Cay/climate-profile.aspx

I've been reading these forums alot lately, and I've noticed arush's posts always seem to be sarcastic or rude.

This website shows an average water temp of 81F, which sounds warm enough to me, but i'm Canadian! We were in Nassau in December last year and was a good temp.

http://www.myweather2.com/Holiday-Destinations/Bahamas/Half-Moon-Cay/climate-profile.aspx

Like!!!!! :D

We cruised this year in early November, about 5 weeks later than last year. We did a snorkeling excursion in Nassau and I nearly froze when I first jumped in. I found a noticeable difference from early Oct temps to early Nov temps.

Bahamas aren't really the tropics, though. There is NO WAY that I would get in the water but I'm a spoiled Floridian. I won't get into the ocean until late May :D

Well we have been there in winter months and always warm so I will continue to call it tropics.

So you want to know what the water temperatures will be a year from now? :rolleyes:

Don't be so literal, silly child. Just want an idea of the average water temps that time of the year so I can take a dip. But if you know something the rest of us don't please share!

Thank you! You took the words right out of my mouth (and probably nicer, lol!)

I don't understand how her question is any different than asking about weather?

There are trends and averages over decades and even centuries, it's a perfectly reasonable question.

Huge thank you Canadian85 for the link. Never seen it before, but now have it bookmarked. :)

Have been there in December. It was one of those times that you had to get in slowly but once you were in it was okay. We spent our normal amount of time in the water when we were at HMC, so it wasn't too cold.

Sent from my iPad