Got carried away making my luggage tags...

sbrocket52

...and they came out just slightly over-engineered. Oops.

I decided first of all that the folded paper alone was too weak, and so reinforced them with a wrap of packing tape. They're certainly not going to rip now.

Then after that, I decided I didn't want to bring a stapler along to attach them at the pier, so I attached some spare kevlar thread so that they can be easily cow-hitched to the bag handles.

Yeah, just got a bit carried away... :p :rolleyes:

Luggage%20Tags.jpg

Great idea.. I think the staples aren't a very good idea.. Someone could get cut on them.. I ordered luggage tag holders specially made for cruise luggage tags online. Someone on my roll call mentioned them. They came 8 to a package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well , from the look of them they should hold up nicely .

But isnt something missing . I se they will make it on the right ship but what about after that ? :D

They're folded over. Stateroom, etc. is on the other side; they're just the standard NCL tags.

...and they came out just slightly over-engineered. Oops.

I decided first of all that the folded paper alone was too weak, and so reinforced them with a wrap of packing tape. They're certainly not going to rip now.

Then after that, I decided I didn't want to bring a stapler along to attach them at the pier, so I attached some spare kevlar thread so that they can be easily cow-hitched to the bag handles.

Yeah, just got a bit carried away... :p :rolleye

I never had much faith in the print your own paper tags either, so I also laminate them with a strip of packing tape. Rather than a stapler, I throw a little roll of "skotch" tape in a compartment of my carry on back pack, and take four or five wraps with it around the end of the tags. Have never had any torn off, in fact, I end up cursing those tags when I have to try to rip them off, with nothing sharp to cut the tape, for disembarkation. I like the thread idea.

Edited by MermaidWatcher

Zip ties and a hole punch work good through the tape also.

I use bread twisty ties and a hole punch - and of course packing tape to "laminate them";)

Then just use the ties for other things on the cruise and keep in your suitcase for the next cruise!

You should see mine! Im a graphic designer, so I remade mine into a template. I just put the info and colors in and print them. Sticking them together with laminate. They are pretty indestructible ;)

What application did you use to make the template?

I do pretty much what you do, but have to mess with scannng the tag then using PageMaker or InDesign. But then I print them out, 3up onto full size sheets of Avery labels. Just like the suite labels they still send out.

Edited by pizzalady1

I went to the trouble to make wonderful taped labels for our last cruise. They were beauties...and then, while we were touring New York our PCC scored us an upgrade so into the trash they went, lol. The hotel clerk was not too happy about me asking to use his printer to print new ones...:D

Intriguing! Bet it holds up well to the airlines and porters!!!! :D :D

no no no on the airlines. They hire gorillas whose goal it is to rip tags off. :)

Put the tags on the bags before you drop them off with the porter.