Solo on the Grandeur - Semi-live

There is a bus drop off/pick up area. They drop you there so you know where to come back to. They have people movers to help you move along.

Okay, thanks. Like the people movers. I'd hate to have to ask them to carry me. That's how I wound up with the nickname Shamu at SeaWorld. :D\

I just found a website that explains everything and has photos. Looks like you take an escalator from the drop-off up to the security checkpoint and then proceed on the moving walkways towards the attractions and you walk through City Walk to get to the bridge over to either the Studios or IOA. Anyway, thanks. I'm sure it will be easy peasy.

Edited by cruise pup

Just finished reading your review. Really enjoyed your pictures & your "wicked" sense of humor!:D Thinking of booking Grandeur next year, tired of the Eastern route. My question is about the Centrum shows. Is there plenty of viewing space? If you are on decks 6 or 7 will you have room to stand & watch the show? I am short, so was wondering if I will have to make an effort to stand in front. TIA!

I just found a website that explains everything and has photos. Looks like you take an escalator from the drop-off up to the security checkpoint and then proceed on the moving walkways towards the attractions and you walk through City Walk to get to the bridge over to either the Studios or IOA. Anyway, thanks. I'm sure it will be easy peasy.

That's exactly how I remember it. I remember seeing Bubba Gump as we walked in, if that helps you to place it.

Just finished reading your review. Really enjoyed your pictures & your "wicked" sense of humor!:D Thinking of booking Grandeur next year, tired of the Eastern route. My question is about the Centrum shows. Is there plenty of viewing space? If you are on decks 6 or 7 will you have room to stand & watch the show? I am short, so was wondering if I will have to make an effort to stand in front. TIA!

Well, this is a real kettle of fish! I like the Centrum shows, but, I also don't because of limited space. Some things are perfect, like the aerialist, taking his pic from deck 6 was perfect. But, for game shows and such, being on deck 7 or 8 means that you cannot really participate. As far as being short and watching the shows, it's kind of a hassle, too. There are seats and couches up to the railing, so, you can't stand there in a lot of the places. On my pre-Xmas cruise, they also had greenery attached to the railings which made it even harder to see. I'm 5'2" and had some trouble. People were getting to the Centrum like an hour ahead just to get seats. The R Bar is there with stools, but, good luck as a shorty getting up into the seats. So, to sum up, it's doable, but, a lot of things would have been better if they did them in one of the lounges, if you ask me. :)

A slow morning, Darryl was teaching a napkin folding class in the Centrum.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3A%3A4%3Dot%3E393%3A%3D7%3B3%3D%3C25%3DXROQDF%3E27%3B42%3A467%3C257ot1lsi

Turtle will like this picture. Only she and I will know why. ;)

You are such a meanie, Mcruiser!!! :p

Wow, I missed out on a ton of stuff. I'm ready to book a do over for Dec 2014!

Maureen...We did back to back on this same cruise and the 10 day one to the Caribbean that left on the 14th ...

The car you did not know what it was is a kit car

1927 Bugatti Type 35 Boattail Speedster replica

The Free Style coke machines were working before we got out of the bay on the 14th

I overspent on 5 cartons of cigarettes on board ($112 for 5 cartons) They only cost $85.00 for 5 cartons in St Kitts ... LOL

Anyway enjoyed your review ..you saw more then I did as I spend most of my time in the sinners corner on the pool deck with a bunch of very fun loving Canadians ... who introduced a new drink to the bartender ... when the bartender asked what to call it they just responded DAMN GOOD ! I still do not know what it is BUT I can verify I stopped by the liquor store on my way home on Christmas Eve and got all the ingredients ..

I had a lot of DAMN GOODS...and I also had a DAMN GOOD time...

Thanks again for the review...

Bob & Barbara

You are such a meanie, Mcruiser!!! :p

Wow, I missed out on a ton of stuff. I'm ready to book a do over for Dec 2014!

Turtle!! You're alive!! I know, what a meanie! :D

The car you did not know what it was is a kit car

1927 Bugatti Type 35 Boattail Speedster replica

Bob & Barbara

Finally ! I was just thinking yesterday that no one had answered me. A Bugatti, hmmm.....I remember a few years ago, a man crashed one into a lake on purpose. He didn't count on the carload of teenage car buffs riding beside him, filming the whole thing. :p

Hi Maureen, just wanted to say, THANK YOU for posting all this! We're boarding the Grandeur, 1/11, and this really helped make me even more excited, if that's possible! I especially enjoyed seeing you post all the cat pictures, from Key West. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Ginger:)

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk 2

Hi Maureen. Only 4 days til my Grandeur cruise. I know you want me to give your regards to Darryl. I don't know if you emailed him photos so I loaded them on to my tablet for him to see. Also found a great app for Universal. It shows you the waiting times for the attractions so you can plan around and save the longer wait for after 3 pm which is supposed to be when the lines thin out. Will also take advantage of the Single Ride Line. Supposedly a cheap alternative to buying an Express Press. I didn't mention before, but thanks to your awesome photos, I will try to get to the Key West Butterfly Conservatory. I've been to KW many times but never was there. Usually just went to the 3 t-shirts for $9. store near Captain Tony's Saloon (don't even think that's there anymore.). Been to the Hemingway Cat Conservatory, though. :D Did your guide tell you that Mrs. Hemingway (at the time) had the ceiling fans removed and replaced with Waterford Crystal chandeliers? I love Waterford but I love staying cool even more and apparently removing the fans was not such a hot idea that turned into one.

Hi Maureen, just wanted to say, THANK YOU for posting all this! We're boarding the Grandeur, 1/11, and this really helped make me even more excited, if that's possible! I especially enjoyed seeing you post all the cat pictures, from Key West. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Ginger:)

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk 2

Well, Thank You! I post what is interesting to me and if someone else likes it, that is great! My avatar is my kitty Ginger, Ginger.

Hi Maureen. Only 4 days til my Grandeur cruise. I know you want me to give your regards to Darryl. I don't know if you emailed him photos so I loaded them on to my tablet for him to see. . Been to the Hemingway Cat Conservatory, though.

Have a great time! Haha, show my pics to Darryl - he is probably in love with me, too- LOL! Cat consevatory! :eek::D

Steve, you make me blush! ;) Tell me more!! :D

Back off, Maureen, Steve and I go waaaaay back. Anyway, he's married.:p

Been meaning to ask what kind of camera you use? All of your pictures are great and this time, I hope my camera doesn't sit in the car in the parking lot all week.:o

With all the holiday craziness I was unable to read your review until today. It was worth the wait. I laughed so much that tears were flowing. You really can find the humor in everything you see. Looking forward to your next review!

Thanks for sharing.

Back off, Maureen, Steve and I go waaaaay back. Anyway, he's married.:p

Been meaning to ask what kind of camera you use? All of your pictures are great and this time, I hope my camera doesn't sit in the car in the parking lot all week.:o

Oh well, can't blame a girl for trying! :D I just have a Canon Powershot A580- you should have seen me in the WJ. I'd sit down and pull out my camera. That would attract people's attention for a few seconds. I'd lay my camera down, then, when everybody looked away, I'd snap a quick pic of my food. I didn't want people thinking I was crazy! Well, any MORE crazy!! I'm telling you, the CIA could learn a few tricks from me about stealth photography. ;)

With all the holiday craziness I was unable to read your review until today. It was worth the wait. I laughed so much that tears were flowing. You really can find the humor in everything you see. Looking forward to your next review!

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks!! I go on cruises to have fun and I'm prepared for a few bumps in the road, don't let them derail me. I "might" be going to Alaska this summer, can you imagine the pictures then? :D

I adored this review. Thanks so much, Maureen for posting. I'll be going solo on the Grandeur in May and this really helped seal the deal for me since this will be my second cruise and first solo (last time I was with a large group of friends)

Oh, I hope Darryl will still be on, you will love him! Lady G is a good size for a solo, easy to learn your way around. All roads lead to the Centrum. :D

Thanks for your great photo review...especially the food pictures. :):):)

Well, it wasn't easy documenting every morsel of food I ate. Hmmm....maybe I should go back and get another slice of Chocolate Dipped Key Lime Pie on a Stick - that picture probably didn't come out clear enough! :D;)

Oh, I hope Darryl will still be on, you will love him! Lady G is a good size for a solo, easy to learn your way around. All roads lead to the Centrum. :D

Good to know! I've been trying to read up on this ship as much as I can since I'm still new to cruising (this will only be my second cruise). The food looks fantastic.

"After that, we had the gift exchange. I received a gift from the French couple I was worried about flying in , apparently they made it! "

Euh.... It's my MOTHER ! :eek::D:D:D

I have not find the needed translation ! I have read 3 times your review... And a big THANKS for that !

Thank you Maureen for your fabulous review! I also laughed until I cried. You have so much energy! Fantastic pics on all areas and activities. I also said to my hubby that you eat things that I like too! We are bad :) I also have whatever I enjoy on the ship. If I can't decide which desert, than 2 is fine too. Ain't on the ship to diet!

I think that a cruise ship is more single traveller friendly than people realise. We sometimes find that we go and do different things. Hubby goes to the gym (no too often), and sometimes we have chatted to people around the ship who have a partner doing something else. Good on you! I think a review like yours is inspiring for some that may be unsure.

Did you go to the Diamond lounge at all? We appreciated the shower curtain ideas too.

I will now have to go to bed. (nearly 11pm here) I was so glad I started your review early this evening! I will be checking out your other review too. Looking forward to that. Also looking forward to your Alaska review. :D Hope you enjoy it, but I know you will.