Newbie and planning first cruise

Josie2015

Hi every one! I'm Joshall (JoShelle) and my husband is Stephan. We are planning a cruise for May 2015 for our 10yr Anniversary. I'm just waiting till January when Carnival releases the date and prices for May 2015. We will be sailing on the Fantasy out of Charleston, SC because it the closes port to us. We wanted to sail out of Norfolk, but it doesn’t look like any cruise lines will be sailing out of there after 2013. I have enjoyed lurking on the boards so far and have learned a lot. Just to let you know I'm a planning and obviously I like planning early.

A few quick questions:

How is the weather in May along the Atlantic Ocean and the Bahamas?

Are there any beaches in Nassau that allow dogs? I’m terrified of dogs.

Would there be a lot of kids on the ship the second or third week of May?

Edited by Josie2015
added some questions

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

What a wonderful way to celebrate your 10th anniversary.

May is still a lovely time to sail -- before the weather gets too hot and before the hurricanes begin.

I also have not seen dogs on the beach in Nassau.

Schools are still in session for many areas of the country so you should not have a lot of children.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

We sailed the Fantasy with our family for our 25th anniversary about 2 years ago. We selected this ship for the same reason you have - shortest drive for everyone. We had a wonderful time.

The third week in May, you will probably see some college students as many of them will already be done. Younger kids (K thru 12) will mostly still be in school then. With the summer vacation so close there will probably not be too many skipping then.

• 5 months later...

Are there dogs on Cabbage beach? Would love to get on of the beach messages there. I tried a recent search, yesterday, on yahoo and found some older reviews on tripadvisor of people talking about taking there dogs.

Josie, Someone gave you bad info on May 15 cruises. They are out already probably all of them. Spend a few dollars more on a 7Ner, better quality experience. Really short ones can be booze cruises, spending most of time going to, from port.