Nappy's in pool - Radiance

No such thing as a clean pool, even in your own back yard - do you not see the birds that use it? As for the beach - start looking out at sea, the islands of garbage floating out there these days is incredible, and there again are those flying birds that poop as they go!!

I agree, diapers in the pool are nasty - had it happen last year on Legend in Asia in the adult pool, people were told, they took kids out until staff left and back in! Not a quiet adult only area anymore.

Exit to my balcony for peace.

Good thing on disney cruises, they use a lot of fountains and dump the water in the kiddie area daily.

Funny that what people do when they have kids they would scream at when they see others doing it.

Cruise lines seem to try and look a blind eye - once you have paid $ they do not want to make you mad - probably would get more letters stating a certain staff member treated them badly, than other cruisers complaining about kids in diapers in the pools.

Yes, this is a huge problem and the crew will not do anything unless you complain. On Mariner in Asia this year, the adults only pool and hot tub were frequently targeted by parents with diapered kids who thought the quieter surroundings were suited to their darlings. It was up to the passengers to police this unfortunately. I'll never forget the kid streaming pee all the way down the steps into the pool.....

Shame that the crew won't/don't do anything unless people complain. What's the use of having rules really then. Believe me if I saw a kid streaming pee down the steps into the pool I would have made my complaints very clear. And don't even get me started on the nappys/diapers in the pool. Disgusting.

No such thing as a clean pool, even in your own back yard - do you not see the birds that use it? As for the beach - start looking out at sea, the islands of garbage floating out there these days is incredible, and there again are those flying birds that poop as they go!!

I agree, diapers in the pool are nasty - had it happen last year on Legend in Asia in the adult pool, people were told, they took kids out until staff left and back in! Not a quiet adult only area anymore.

Exit to my balcony for peace.

Good thing on disney cruises, they use a lot of fountains and dump the water in the kiddie area daily.

Funny that what people do when they have kids they would scream at when they see others doing it.

Cruise lines seem to try and look a blind eye - once you have paid $ they do not want to make you mad - probably would get more letters stating a certain staff member treated them badly, than other cruisers complaining about kids in diapers in the pools.

Talking about the adult pool, I was swimming with my hubby one afternoon and I saw a guy and his little girl come and sit on a deck chair. He started getting her ready to swim. I said to my hubby he's going to bring her in here and guess what he did. As he's getting into the pool I said "this pool is adults only". He replied "Well they're swimming" pointing to two older teens. I replied "yes you have to be over 16." He said "Well we're swimming."

He looked around and everyone was staring at them, he didn't even stay for more then a minute, he got the message. If looks could kill.

if you ingest feces I can promise you that you will be terribly sick and could possibly die.

If this were the case, people would be dropping like flies everywhere. Fecal matter CAN spread viruses, bacteria and parasites. However the vast majority is harmless. Furthermore, the likely dispersion of a minute amount of fecal matter into a 15,000 gallon swimming pool is going to make the likelihood of actually spreading illness fantastically unlikely.

Look, the IDEA of it skeeves me out too. As it does most people. And it's that IDEA that makes cruise operators or any other pool operator take the drastic measures they do when there is an accident. But there is virtually no evidence of any actual disease spread through this method. That is why I said, and still assert that the declaration that someone should be put off the ship for this is rather absurd.

If this were the case, people would be dropping like flies everywhere. Fecal matter CAN spread viruses, bacteria and parasites. However the vast majority is harmless. Furthermore, the likely dispersion of a minute amount of fecal matter into a 15,000 gallon swimming pool is going to make the likelihood of actually spreading illness fantastically unlikely.

You are seriously wrong and I think you should give up this argument. It's an unhealthy one.

Teddie

Look, the IDEA of it skeeves me out too. As it does most people. And it's that IDEA that makes cruise operators or any other pool operator take the drastic measures they do when there is an accident. But there is virtually no evidence of any actual disease spread through this method. That is why I said, and still assert that the declaration that someone should be put off the ship for this is rather absurd.

Can't say what other pool operators do about these things, but the responses that cruise lines take are mandated by the USPH in their Vessel Sanitation Program. If there was no evidence of disease spread in a pool, why would the USPH/CDC require the measures they do, and the documentation for every incident, in their operations manual?