Nappy's in pool - Radiance

I just got off Radiance of the seas and I can't believe how many people had their children swimming in the pool with nappy's on. There are clearly signs posted and it is written in the cruise compass. The same people everyday had to be told to remove their children. No big deal to them they just put them back in for a swim later.

Disgusting. They should have been put off the ship after the second incident.

LOL! Slight overreaction eh?

I always find if fascinating that people freak out the instant a diapered child hits the water. Yet everyone is fine with the fact that all the drunk adults can magically consume huge quantities of alcohol while spending hours in the pool, yet never need to get out to pee. Miraculous!

I'll take a bunch of diapered kids in the pool anytime!

I always find if fascinating that people freak out the instant a diapered child hits the water. Yet everyone is fine with the fact that all the drunk adults can magically consume huge quantities of alcohol while spending hours in the pool, yet never need to get out to pee. Miraculous!

Not me.

If we're getting into gross details - as long as the drunk adults are not crapping their drawers - and the diapered kids are... no brainer. If I HAD to choose - I'd rather there be sterile urine in the pool than fecal matter.

They dont have to be drunk to pee in the pool. I have never seen an adult taking a cr*p on the pool, drunk or not.

I will take a drunk guy (which never saw on the cruise) over a not potty trained baby or kid. Besides that is the rule.

And when the diapered little darling does the business, the pool gets closed for about a day.

So, you would be OK with all the pools being closed?

Perhaps a slight overreaction, but not outside of RCI's possible actions. While there is no USPH regulation that requires adults to get out of the pool every so often to empty their bladder, there are regulations against children in diapers being in the pool. Chlorine can overcome any (and I won't get into the whole sterile urine thing) contamination from urine. Fecal matter, by its composition is much harder to decontaminate.

All is would take is one passenger who is already disgruntled with their cruise to send a picture from their phone to the USPH complaining of the diapered children being in the pool, and USPH would be down on the ship the next US port. If there was no documentation regarding the incident, that could potentially cause a failing score on the USPH inspection. There is a whole different set of construction requirements, operational requirements, and manning of the pool by crew, for pools used by children in swim diapers.

There is a big health difference between pee and what babies are doing:rolleyes:

All kidding aside...

This is a serious health risk issue. In our subdivision, we have a violation of this happen about 1-2 times per year.

It results in not only having the residents foot the bill for a $1000 pool disinfection cleaning each time...but also a 1st warning to the violator. Another incident by the same person gets them banned from the pool for life. It needs to be taken seriously.

Parents who do this (despite signage) should be fined.

And when the diapered little darling does the business, the pool gets closed for about a day.

So, you would be OK with all the pools being closed?

Exactly. We saw this happen on our last cruise. Idiots had their kid in diapers in pool. Poop in pool. Pool closed for hours for massive cleaning. Sound fun macruisefan?:rolleyes:

What about adults that have to wear Depends?

Not allowed in the pools either.

RCCL faq only mentions children

Please note: Due to public health regulations, children in diapers, swim diapers, pull-ups or who are not COMPLETELY toilet trained are not allowed in the pools, whirlpools or H2O zone.

from

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/search/processSearch.do?ip_server=prdiphrase-unstruct-new222.dmz.rccl.com%3A200&ip_text=DIAPERS&searchSubmit=

Edited by derf5585