10:40 flight or 12:05 flight?

Mattypies

No, don't dilly dally and you will make it. FLL is extremely close to the port. Even though I live in So. Fla, I was getting of fthe Allure once and had to catch at flight for a business trip. I was able to catch a 9 am. flight and had plenty of time in the airport. I did self disembark though.

I am now a believer:

Do the earlier flight.

There are some issues that could screw you up, but, the odds are in your favor.

We did first group after express when people carry their own luggage (7:45ish), we were off the ship thru security (8:10) in a taxi to the airport thru security and with a cup of dunkin donuts coffee in hand waiting for our flight by 8:55.

It can be done, but anytime you are depending on any multitude of variables anything could happen though.

Good Luck.

Sea Ya

Edited by Lionesss

I have read threads about catching early flight out of Fort Lauderdale. Is a 10:40 flight on a Saturday too aggressive when getting off the Oasis? The 12:00 flight is more expensive.

Thanks,

Heather

If you self-disembark, you can be at the airport by 7:30am.

Even if you can't or don't want to carry all your luggage off, about mid-way thru the cruise, they ask those with early flights to tell them.....so they can put you in one of the 1st groups off.

A 10:40 flight shouldn't be a problem at all. The airport is about 10 mins. away.

I am not usually a risk-taker, and I would be very comfortable booking the earlier flight after Oasis/Allure.

Self-disembark if you can (just carry off your own luggage at around 6:30am) - you need to be able to handle it all without any assistance. In the terminal, using the escalator is most efficient, as long as you can roll the luggage onto the step and still have one hand free to grip the handrail. Otherwise, you will be directed by port security to use the elevator, which often has a long line. To self-disembark, sign up at the customer service desk early in the cruise. (Some people say that this is not necessary, however sometimes they limit the number of people they allow to self-disembark, and the people who don't put the luggage outside their cabin the night before are monitored to make sure that they are on the self-disembarkation list)

Otherwise, arrange at the customer service desk to be in the first group with checked luggage to disembark. You'll still be at the airport in plenty of time for that flight.

You should be able to make 10:40 without a problem(we have made 9:45 with plenty time). Definitely do self disembarkation with your own luggage, and have your paper for customs . Grab a taxi and you will be there in 15 min for $20, including a nice tip. You don't have time to waste, but it is easily doable.

Edited by MermaidWatcher