Odd phone call from Royal Caribbean

Toddcan

Them: "Hello, Mr Toddcan(names changed to protect the guilty), our records show that you recently called to inquire about the Liberty of the Seas. Are there any questions that you need answered?"

Me: Nope - I actually called to switch bookings from a Grand Suite to a Junior Suite, which has been completed"

Them: "Ok, thank you for your time, I will update your records to reflect this, thank you for your time"

If I ever log into the Carnival website, I always get a phone call "We see you have been looking at Carnival cruises online... blah blah blah" but, following up on a phone call during which I actually booked a cruise - seems odd.

Edited by Toddcan

Phone call was 10 minutes ago. Just now, I received this email:

My name is ******* and I have been assigned as your Certified Vacation Planner at Royal Caribbean Cruises. I am here to assist you with every step of the booking process. Whether it’s finding the right itinerary for you; helping you select the perfect stateroom; assisting you with your dining preferences; Choice Air or making recommendations for Shore Excursions, I want to make the planning process as easy as possible for you.

Whether you are a returning guest or a brand new cruiser, at Royal Caribbean we value your business. I take great pride in providing personalized service so that you will experience a remarkable vacation. We do have huge specials and promotions running right now! Please be sure to contact me at 1-800-859-7225 Ext. ***** to reserve your cruise today. Allow me to help you take advantage of our best deals and find you the very best rooms on our ships. I look forward to helping you plan the perfect cruise vacation!

I think that Royal is now doing what Carnival does: If you log into their website (and, like me, are automatically logged in), and browse through cruises, they follow up with phone calls and emails. I've never had this with Royal before , but I supect that's it.

Phone call was 10 minutes ago. Just now, I received this email:

I think that Royal is now doing what Carnival does: If you log into their website (and, like me, are automatically logged in), and browse through cruises, they follow up with phone calls and emails. I've never had this with Royal before , but I supect that's it.

I really hope that is not the case! NCL does that as well. I have stopped logging in on both Carnival and NCL when I'm there looking around. It is so annoying to me to get the hard call the next day. I wasn't very nice the last time with NCL about it and they supposedly took me off some call list. It scared me off so much I barely will even go onto the website!

I got the same phone call and email recently

but..I thought this was good. I got a Carnival call see you were on website etc. I said yes and I called Carnival but you aren't doing European cruises in 2014 and that is what we are looking for. She says your right, I'm sorry. But I hear Royal Caribbean has good European cruises you might check with them. Thought that was interesting they didn't recommend Princess nor Holland America

I got the same phone call and email recently

but..I thought this was good. I got a Carnival call see you were on website etc. I said yes and I called Carnival but you aren't doing European cruises in 2014 and that is what we are looking for. She says your right, I'm sorry. But I hear Royal Caribbean has good European cruises you might check with them. Thought that was interesting they didn't recommend Princess nor Holland America

lol, wonder if she was hired by Royal Caribbean and that was her last day with Carnival. If it wasn't, it probably became it after they listened to that recording.

Bizarre!!! I just got another phone call again from the same person I just talked to earlier in the day.

Yes, I was on the website, logged in again - I was filling in my pre-cruise docs.

I hope this is not a trend... Log in= follow up phone call.

Bizarre!!! I just got another phone call again from the same person I just talked to earlier in the day.

Yes, I was on the website, logged in again - I was filling in my pre-cruise docs.

I hope this is not a trend... Log in= follow up phone call.

Geez.....I hope so too!

We have to log in to fill out our docs, etc, so this could become quite annoying. I wonder if you can all RCI and ask that it be put on our account not to be contacted.

Sure hope they don't make this a new practice.....:o