Bottled water

cruisingagentone

Do they offer a water package so we can keep 6+ bottles in our room. On other cruises I was able to order a case of water to my room on disembark day to have on hand when I needed it?

I've never seen a water package, but you can ask your room steward/room service to have water in your room at all times. My mother asked her to make sure there was always 2 1-litre bottles in the cooler for her, and she never had a problem. And there was a room temperature bottle on the desk for her to put in the fridge when she finished one of the cold bottles. Just talk to your room stewards.

Do they offer a water package so we can keep 6+ bottles in our room. On other cruises I was able to order a case of water to my room on disembark day to have on hand when I needed it?

You can bring on as much bottled water as you wish at embarkation, or any port along the way.

I'm confused. On our prior HAL cruises (some years ago), there was always a couple of bottles of water in the cabin and it was given out free when we got on or off the ship on port days.

On our Celebrity Cruise in December 2012, it was given out free when we got on or off the ship on port days. We often saved those for our cabin.

Are you saying HAL now charges three bucks for a bottle of water?

I'm confused. On our prior HAL cruises (some years ago), there was always a couple of bottles of water in the cabin and it was given out free when we got on or off the ship on port days.

We've been given free water by a couple of excursion operators, but in the 11 years we've been cruising HAL I've never known them to give away water anywhere. The bottles in the cabin are for sale, just like the contents of the mini-bar coolers.

Edited by jtl513

You are not wrong. The water produced on the ship via reverse osmosis is excellent. It certainly is of better quality than most municipal water on shore.

You can purchase bottled water at your dining table should you desire. The water in your cabin and in the minirefrig is usually glacier brand and is $3 per bottle.

You are not wrong. The water produced on the ship via reverse osmosis is excellent. It certainly is of better quality than most municipal water on shore.

You can purchase bottled water at your dining table should you desire. The water in your cabin and in the minirefrig is usually glacier brand and is $3 per bottle.

Do all cruise lines use reverse osmosis do clean their water

Sent from my HTC One using Forums mobile app

I assume that the water we get in our glasses in the dining room or Lido is the same that comes from the tap in the bathroom and that it is just as safe as bottled water. Am I wrong in that assumption?

Your assumption is correct!

Completely agree...The HAL Tap water is much better than our municipal water here in Southwest Florida.. At home we only drink filtered water, however on the ship we drink the ships tap water..

I usually take an empty insulated bottle with me & fill it with tap water when we're scheduled to stop in a port.. Our room steward fills another Ice bucket (wine cooler) & I chill the bottle overnight in it..I f I forget to refill the bottle at night, I'll purchase a small bottle from HAL for the port at the disembarkation point.. The small bottles are $1.95 plus 15% tip..

We've been cruising for approx. 15 years on HAL & don't ever remember that bottles of water were free, but I could be wrong..

Cheers...Betty

Do all cruise lines use reverse osmosis do clean their water

Sent from my HTC One using Forums mobile app

It's my understanding that it depends.

In some ports they will take on water from the municipal water system there. I have seen this firsthand and asked about it. That explains why sometimes the ship's water is softer than others.

But I know that the ships have the facilities to create potable water onboard. Though if it is cheaper (and/or easier) to take on water from the ports they will avail themselves of that option.

We've been given free water by a couple of excursion operators, but in the 11 years we've been cruising HAL I've never known them to give away water anywhere. The bottles in the cabin are for sale, just like the contents of the mini-bar coolers.

I believe the only cabins that have a complimentary bottle of water are the Spa cabins on the two Signatures.

Other than that, it was around $3.00 per bottle.

We have found that the PUR filter pitcher produces great water. It is lightweight and can be stuffed with socks and undies and put in the luggage. We have found that ship's tap water can be iffy. When they take on municipal water in San Diego during the end of the summer, it is definitely yuck.:(

Soapbox mode on, disregard.

I'm not a tree hugger but seeing people routinely drink bottled water bothers me a bit, just because it makes so little sense to ship water around in plastic bottles. Why ship water from somewhere else when it is just filtered in the first place.