Positivity about the Crown?

Jbird81

Seriously? Waiting 30 seconds for a toilet to flush is a "problem"? I've had that happen on just about every ship I've ever been on at some point during my cruise. I wouldn't consider it a problem at all. Sometimes on other ships (not the Crown), it took hours to flush.

Re-varnishing the handrails happens all the time. It's part of normal maintenance and if it takes a few hours for the shavings to be cleaned up, I can live with that. It's not going to affect my cruise experience.

Don't sweat the small stuff. There's too many fun things to do onboard to worry about the little stuff.

OP, the Crown is a great ship! We thoroughly enjoyed our time on her earlier this year. Relax, don't look for the bad stuff and enjoy yourself! :)

We were on the Crown last week and we had a couple of issues. We did have one plumbing issue where it would not flush, but I eventually got it to flush after trying for nearly 5 minutes. Also, our cabin would not cool off. It was really hot during the day, but we were fine at night.

Other than that, the ship was in great shape. The food was great and we only saw a couple of shows. The Christmas decorations were just beautiful!!!

We were on the Crown last week and we had a couple of issues. We did have one plumbing issue where it would not flush, but I eventually got it to flush after trying for nearly 5 minutes. Also, our cabin would not cool off. It was really hot during the day, but we were fine at night.

Other than that, the ship was in great shape. The food was great and we only saw a couple of shows. The Christmas decorations were just beautiful!!!

We are very heat sensitive. For warm-weather cruises, I've learned to close the heavy drapes during the daytime. We crank the a/c down to the lowest setting the minute we arrive onboard and keep it there.

These 2 steps, if followed all the time, will greatly reduce the heat in your cabin.

We are very heat sensitive. For warm-weather cruises, I've learned to close the heavy drapes during the daytime. We crank the a/c down to the lowest setting the minute we arrive onboard and keep it there.

These 2 steps, if followed all the time, will greatly reduce the heat in your cabin.

Yes, we kept it on the lowest setting the entire week & left the drapes closed during the day. We had to.....it was even hotter with the drapes open. After the first couple of days, we ended up having to spend the days somewhere on the ship where it was cooler. We spent a lot of time in the Piazza.....that was my favorite. :)

Yes, we kept it on the lowest setting the entire week & left the drapes closed during the day. We had to.....it was even hotter with the drapes open. After the first couple of days, we ended up having to spend the days somewhere on the ship where it was cooler. We spent a lot of time in the Piazza.....that was my favorite. :)

If you did that, then you definitely had an a/c problem. Sorry it was that way for your cruise, but it sounds like you managed to find a cooler hang out. :)

Thanks all for the insightful comments.

Pia's live from the Crown still reports no plumbing or AC problems.

I agree with many here that sanding' date=' varnishing, and painting is a good thing.

Cleanup is a good thing, too.

Thanks so much, everyone.[/quote']

I hope you have a great time. Your post reminded me of my cruise on the Crown back in 2009. I was excited, the friend I was going with was worried because she saw so many negative posts about the Crown. Our cruise was wonderful. We never experienced any of the issues a few had reported. I am not saying that things don't happen but I do think a few negative reports can certainly make people doubt. I say go into your cruise expecting the best.:)

I hope you have a great time. Your post reminded me of my cruise on the Crown back in 2009. I was excited, the friend I was going with was worried because she saw so many negative posts about the Crown. Our cruise was wonderful. We never experienced any of the issues a few had reported. I am not saying that things don't happen but I do think a few negative reports can certainly make people doubt. I say go into your cruise expecting the best.:)

Thanks so much. Glad to hear of your good experience.

My DH and Injust returned from our third cruise on the Crown.

We thought the ship was in good shape considering the age of it and constant use by thousands of passengers.

The crew was exceptional! The members who we met were smiling, conversing with us and couldn 't do enough for us.

When we met Captain Stenzel at the cocktail party, I mentioned to him that he had an excellent staff onboard.

We were in cabin B437-a mid-ship balcony cabin.

We had no issues with the AC or the toilet.

However, we were mindful of not over-filling the toilet with too much paper.

The Captain spoke about being mindful of the toilet use at the muster drill.

With passenger cooperation, the situations that have been reported in previous posts/reviews could be eleviated.

Enjoy your cruise!

What is better than a vacation where you don't have household chores or cooking to do?

The crew will take good care if you and hopefully the weather will be warm and sunny.

Bon Voysge!

He did indeed. On the Nov. 30th voyage, Capt. Stenzel specifically said that if the toilet does not flush the first time you press the button, DO NOT continue pressing the button multiple times as it can result in an overflow. Rather, passengers should call for maintenance. Perhaps there were some passengers that did not heed this.