Ron_L

Just back from the Summit, 12/7/2013 Southern Caribbean

We got home last night from a week on the Summit out of San Juan on 12/7/2013 to St. Croix, St. Kitts, Dominica, Grenada and St. Thomas. We also stayed three nights in San Juan before the cruise.

I have lots of pictures and plan on adding details and pictures into this thread over the next few days, but here is the overview...

San Juan

We stayed at the Hilton Condado Plaza (formerly called the Conrad Condado Plaza). I used Hilton points for an Ocean View room and we had a nice room with a balcony on the 8th floor. The balcony was a nice way to start and end the day and the room was very nice. The hotel in in great shape and had a small beach on a calm cove. The location is convenient to the Condado area and close to OSJ.

We did a snorkeling tour with East Winds Cats out of the Fajardo area on Thursday that went to a reef off of Culebra and then to a beach on Culebrita. the trip was great and the East Winds crew was fantastic!

On Friday we walked around Old San Juan and went to El Morro. One fort was enough so we skipped the other one We had a nice day in OSJ and a fantastic dinner at Marmalade restaurant in OSJ.

The Ship & Food

On Saturday we got to the port at 10:30am. We checked our bags with the porters and got into a short line outside. Previous cruisers said they opened the door at 10:30, but on our day they didn't open them until 11. Once inside it took 5 minutes to get our cards and we were on board. The Summit is very nice with elegant decor. She was in great shape with only a few signs of wear. We liked the size and found things easy to find, and nothing was ever crowded.

Food was good, but not great. Bistro on Five the first day for lunch was very good but they screwed up my wife's order. She enjoyed what they brought, so no big deal. The MDR food was OK to good depending on what we ordered. The steaks were not good (too thin and tough). The braised short ribs were the best thing on the menu. I followed our head waiter's recommendations and he never steered me wrong. We didn't have access to Blu, and we enjoyed our table mates so much that we didn't try Normandie or Q-Sine.

We ate at the buffet the first evening so we could be outside for sail away, one morning for breakfast, and for snacks. The buffet was good. They have eggs Benedict on the buffet and the eggs are pre-cooked and then finished to order, but the Hollandaise was lacking seasoning. Actually, our biggest complaint about the food is that almost everything was under seasoned and bland.

The Martini Bar is a great place to hang out. The bartenders, especially Newman from Turkey, were fantastic and did lots of flair bartending tricks with tossing bottles in the air, etc.

Continued in the next post...

The Ports

St. Croix - The weather limited the activities. it was very windy and raining, sometimes heavily and we had some thunderstorms. The port itself is quiet, with a few local craft vendors and shops. It was Sunday so a lot was closed. It was raining most of the day and very windy so no one went to the beach and any water excursions were cancelled. We took a taxi tour for $25 that went to the Cruzan distillery (extra $5 to get in) and drove around the island to Christiansted. Cruzan was really a nice tour and included two drinks and 4 tasting shots of their rums. Christiansted has a nice boardwalk with restaurants and shops but a lot were closed. We had hope to go the the Domino Clud to visit the beer-drinking pigs but were told that the roads into the rainforest were very muddy so we didn't make it out there.

St. Kitts - We took a half day snorkeling cruise with Blue Water Safaris. Great trip! The boat was beautiful, the roof was great and the crew and fantastic! After that we shopped around at the port and then found a local bar with $1 beers (Carib or Stag). Watch out for the guys wanting to take your picture with the monkeys. They want a tip, of course, but asked for $20 per person! I tipped him but no where near that much!

Dominica - By far our favorite day! We booked the Roseau Valley Treasures wet tour with Bumpling Tours. Levi Barron was our guide and he is fantastic and he did everything he could to make our day with him great! Snorkeling at Champagne Reef was excellent. Getting in and out of the water with the waves and boulders was tough but Levi helped everyone. He took us to the outer reef and showed us all sorts of fish and coral. Titou Gorge was a fantastic experience even with the COLD water and Trafalgar Falls were beautiful. I didn't go down to the hot springs at Trafalgar Falls. It was a long way down on slippery rocks and I don't think I could have made it back up because of bad knees. I had no problems with the rest of the tour, however.

Grenada - We took it easy and just went to the Spice and Craft Market by Grand Anse beach and then sat on the beach. The market is 20 - 30 local vendors, most with the same stuff, but a few had hand made things link wood carvings and spice necklaces. We bought a small wood carving and three spice necklaces ($3 each). After that we got two chairs ($15 for both) at the Lazy Days Bar and sat on the beach. $2 beers and free bathrooms and freshwater showers. Beautiful beach and water. There were lots of people, but not too crowded.

St. Thomas - We've been to St. Thomas before but always went over to St. John. This time we did an island tour that stopped at Mountain Top and a few other places and then dropped us off at Sapphire Beach for a couple of hours and then picked us up again for $25. Sapphire is beautiful. It was choppy that day so i didn't go snorkeling but lots of folks were out there. We rented a chair ($7) had some beers and a couple of sandwiches from the Banana Cabana (beach service) and enjoyed a beautiful day.

Continued in the next post...

Edited by Ron_L

Debarkation

We had a late flight out of SJU so we decided to take the Celebrity excursion to the Bacradi distillery which included transportation to the airport. We met in the MDR at 7:15 and were off of the ship by about 8:15. The Bacardi tour was nice and included some in person talks and a short film plus two drink tickets. We were at the airport by about 11:30am. Or flight was supposed to be at 4:00 but was delayed until 5:00pm because of snow in Chicago. We had lunch and a couple of drinks at the airport to pass the time. We were home by 10:00pm.

Overall Thoughts

Overall we had a great cruise! We loved the Summit and would cruise on her again. The staff were all great! As usual, there were some standouts, including the crew at the martini bar, our room steward, Andrew, and his assistant, Ketut (pronounced kay-toot) and out head waiter, Acensio. There were a couple of minor issues, they they really were minor and had no impact on our cruise.

We had a fairly small group from the CC Roll Call (about 25 people at our informal meet up at the Sunst Bar on Saturday afternoon and about the same number at the CC Connections Party, but we had a lot of fun with them and would cruise with any of them again. One thing that made us chuckle was that three or four people who were lurkers in the roll call came up to us during the cruise and said "Are you Captain Ron from Cruise Critic?". They recognized us from my profile picture and another picture that I had posted in the roll call thread :D

As I mentioned, I'll post more details and pictures as I get through them and I will gladly answer any questions.

Thanks, Ron! We are on the Summit for a B2B at the end of January. Your review is appreciated.

Thanks so much for the review and information!!! We'll be on the same Summit itinerary in January. I can't wait. :D

Thanks for your review.

We've booked this cruise for March 1st, 2014 and Feb 28,2015.

All new ports for us except St. Thomas so we figure we can do it twice and not get bored.

We had a late flight out of SJU so we decided to take the Celebrity excursion to the Bacradi distillery which included transportation to the airport. We met in the MDR at 7:15 and were off of the ship by about 8:15. The Bacardi tour was nice and included some in person talks and a short film plus two drink tickets. We were at the airport by about 11:30am.

Does Celebrity offer many other tours on disembarkation day? We have a 3:30 flight and I don't know what to do that day other than drop our bags and walk around old San Juan for the day.

The staff were all great! As usual, there were some standouts, including the crew at the martini bar, our room steward, Andrew, and his assistant, Ketut (pronounced kay-toot) and out head waiter, Acensio. There were a couple of minor issues, they they really were minor and had no impact on our cruise.

Glad you liked the staff. We have the same room, 3112, as you had for our trip in 2 weeks. What did you think of it? I will have to say hi to Andrew for you, assuming we have the same cabin steward. Glad he was good for you. I just upgraded to the premium beverage package for the selection of wines and so I can enjoy the martini bar. Any suggestions for the martini bar that I definitely have to try?

Does Celebrity offer many other tours on disembarkation day? We have a 3:30 flight and I don't know what to do that day other than drop our bags and walk around old San Juan for the day.

Yep... There is also a rainforest tour and an Old San Juan tour. Both offer airport transportation. There is a restriction on the earliest flight you can have for each tour, so double check the Celebrity web site or with the Shore Excursion Desk once on board.

Glad you liked the staff. We have the same room, 3112, as you had for our trip in 2 weeks. What did you think of it? I will have to say hi to Andrew for you, assuming we have the same cabin steward. Glad he was good for you. I just upgraded to the premium beverage package for the selection of wines and so I can enjoy the martini bar. Any suggestions for the martini bar that I definitely have to try?

3112 was a great cabin! It has an extra 4 ft. or so pf space because of the door placement (perpendicular to the hull instead of parallel to it) and that whole bank of cabins is in a low traffic area of the ship. If you go forward from the cabin area you go to the atrium lobby area and the central elevators and if you go aft you get to the aft elevators. It is a great spot.

It was very quiet with the exception of when we were in port in San Juan and St. Croix. It was very windy in both locations and there was something banging against the hull. I couldn't see what it was, but it only happened during the day in those two ports, and no where else, and never at night.

Andrew and Ketut were both great! Andrew introduced himself within a couple of minutes of us going into the cabin for the first time, and one thing that impressed us was that he said "I am Andrew and Ketut and I will be taking care of you this week". It was clear from the start that they were a team and they worked well together.

For the Martini bar, everything we tried was good, but my wife liked the French Martini and the Tropitini best. I'm not a fan of very sweet drinks so the Fresca Martini and the Blue Maritini were my favorites. They also have a full bar so they can make anything. I asked Newman to make me something with Absolut Pepper one day and he made me a Blody-tini, which was a martini style Bloody Mary and was very good.

Thanks for the review.

Two questions, do you know the last names of the Captain Club hostess Ashley, and Alex the CD?

Also when was the connections party held?

Doing a B2B on the Summit very soon... can't wait to see her again since her Solsticeization. :D

Thanks for the review. We are going on a B2B at the end of Feb/early March. It will be our first cruise on Celebrity after many on Royal and a few on Princess. Can't wait!!

Thanks for the review.

Two questions, do you know the last names of the Captain Club hostess Ashley, and Alex the CD?

Also when was the connections party held?

Doing a B2B on the Summit very soon... can't wait to see her again since her Solsticeization. :D

The Captain's Club hostess is Ashley Whitaker. The CD (I assume you meant Cruise Director) is Kyle. I can't find his last name in the dailies but I think it is Dodson and apparently he is new with Celebrity. He reminded me of a 70's game show host, but did a good job and was visible all around the ship.

Our connections party was on Sunday evening (St. Croix) at 5:30 in the Revelations Lounge.

Welcome back Ron!!!!! I'll read your report soon! I hope to cruise again with you and Amy in the future :D

Thanks, Jodie! I gave Judy the full scoop already :D You will love this cruise! If you can do the Roseau Valley treasures tour with Levi, do it! I know that Judy and Rick have gone with Levi in the past and loved it.

Edited by Ron_L

Good review Ron! I am happy you had a good time and there were no problems besides the weather. Looking forward to your pictures.

Judy

Can't wait to see your photos!

What did you do on the ship? Any activities?

Is the MdR open for lunch too?

Thanks!

Can't wait to see your photos!

What did you do on the ship? Any activities?

Is the MdR open for lunch too?

Thanks!

The MDR was not open for lunch. We only had one sea day and on that day they served brunch in the MDR from 10:00am - 1:00pm

The only organized activities we did were a couple of shows, the men vs. women trivia one evening, and one shore excursions talk.

Thank you so much, Ron L! It sounds like the Martini Bar was like I remember it, and that makes me happy for our February cruise! When we were on Summit in Bermuda in September, the crew at the Martini Bar was sullen and rude, and I was so disappointed, as it had been a favorite hangout previously! Glad you had a good time on your cruise!

Thank you so much, Ron L! It sounds like the Martini Bar was like I remember it, and that makes me happy for our February cruise! When we were on Summit in Bermuda in September, the crew at the Martini Bar was sullen and rude, and I was so disappointed, as it had been a favorite hangout previously! Glad you had a good time on your cruise!

We did find some grumpy bartenders on the ship, and at some bars the service was shift-dependent, but in general they were great. Look for Newman (tall, thin, dark hair), Ivo (tall, sandy hair), Gede (pronounced like g'day, shorter, dark skin) or Marcos (very tall, shaved head). All made great drinks and all were very friendly and funny.

I finally had a chance to get my pictures organized and online so I'll add some in here along with more detail on our trip...

Precruise Hotel - Hilton Condado Plaza

I have a bunch of Hilton points so I wanted a Hilton property for this trip. After looking at reviews here, on Tripadvisor and other sites I decided on the Conrad Condado. The name was later changes to the Hilton Condado Plaza. When I went to book they had a special that allowed me to book a deluxe ocean view room for only 5000 points more than a standard room, so I grabbed it. The room turned out to be very nice with a seating area and king sized bed in the main section and a glass-enclosed shower in the large bathroom.

The seating area...

11411497873_2f7d9c845b_b.jpg

IMG_2545 by rclewen, on Flickr

The bed and TV...

11411361895_b54a9db1f7_b.jpg

IMG_2547 by rclewen, on Flickr

The bath...

11411489013_b550bdbd6f_b.jpg

IMG_2553 by rclewen, on Flickr

The room also had a nice balcony with two chairs and a small table. The view was best looking to the left (west)...

11411360895_d9761a8713_b.jpg

IMG_2548 by rclewen, on Flickr

The collection of buildings in this shot are the Caribe Hilton.

Looking down from the balcony...

11411373684_07b4cb4f5c_b.jpg

IMG_2550 by rclewen, on Flickr

The hotel grounds were very nice with a pool, hot tub and a beach on a protected cove. There are also a few restaurants and bars on site but besides a couple of drinks on our arrival day we didn't visit any of those.

The location is convenient to OSJ either by bus or taxi ($15) and also convenient to the restaurants, shops and bars in the Condado area.

After getting our stuff unpacked and settled in we went down to the lobby bar for a cocktail. I had an excellent Mojito and my wife tried a Medalla, a local beer. The Medalla is a lighter beer but was very good.

11411353406_7585d5d3af_b.jpg

IMG_2557 by rclewen, on Flickr

11411348955_1433bf2555_b.jpg

IMG_2558 by rclewen, on Flickr

After that we took a walk down Ashford Avenue to see what was nearby. There are a lot of restaurants, bars and shops starting about 1 1/2 blocks east of the hotel. We walked for about a half hour and found a small local bar and tried another mojito. It was good, but not as good as the one at the hotel.

11411343416_8f80fe3c71_b.jpg

IMG_2566 by rclewen, on Flickr

Along the way we passed the Ropa Vieja Grill, which was highly recommended by another CC member so we headed back there for dinner. We enjoyed a couple of Medallas and the Risotto Fritters appetizer, which were very good. We then ordered our main courses. My wife ordered the shredded flank steak (Ropa Vieja) mofongo and I ordered the Shrimp in Garlic Sauce Mofongo.

11411353334_d723b42e35_b.jpg

IMG_2568 by rclewen, on Flickr

11411339275_8b0568b886_b.jpg

IMG_2567 by rclewen, on Flickr

Both were fantastic! I highly recommend the Ropa Vieja Grill if you are in the area. The staff was friendly, the prices reasonable and the food was the best out of our entire trip.

More to come later...

The Summit out of San Juan is one of our favorites. We always plan extra time in San Juan as it is a boffo place to hang out. We have stayed at the Conrad and a few other resorts in the near vicinity. Great location. As for islands, Dominica is fabulous. Now you done it, got me thinking maybe I should book us another Celebrity jaunt out of San Juan.

Thanks for your great review. We are on this cruise on February1 and really looking forward to it!

One question- did you do the Cruzan tour through the ship? I thought the factory was closed on Sundays.

Cheers,

Thanks for your great review. We are on this cruise on February1 and really looking forward to it!

One question- did you do the Cruzan tour through the ship? I thought the factory was closed on Sundays.

Cheers,

That's what I thought, too, but the young lady who did the tour said that they had recently changed their schedule. They were open until 2:00pm

Ron, I enjoyed not only your review but all of the nice photos you have posted and look forward to the additional photos.

Thank you for taking the time to do this.

Keith

Finally continuing...

On Thursday in San Juan we made plans with East Island Excursions to do a snorkeling/beach cruise to a reef off of Culebra and then to either Flamenco beach or Culebrita (depending on the weather). The offer pickup and drop off at San Juan area hotels for $14/person additional so we opted for that. They picked us up at the Hilton at 7:30am and we stopped by the Marriott to pick up a family from Virginia. We also stopped at a hotel in the Isla Verde area but apparently the folks there changed their mind and were a no show.

We got to the marina near Fajardo at around 9:00 and checked in and were soon aboard the Caribe Spirit, a power catamaran.

11411251745_ab1929d33a_b.jpg

PC050003 by rclewen, on Flickr

The ride out to Culebra was a bit rough, but it was fun watching everyone bounce with the waves. Once there the crew made sure that everyone had snorkeling gear and swim belts (if needed) and we were soon in the water. The reef was beautiful with lots of healthy coral, a great variety of fish and some of the biggest sea fans that I have seen anywhere.

11411223725_5df16904a0_b.jpg

PC050023-001 by rclewen, on Flickr

11411219294_0e577c9fb2_b.jpg

PC050038 by rclewen, on Flickr

11411204724_82d4ea0cf7_b.jpg

PC050049 by rclewen, on Flickr

11411309943_3cfa3a4ea0_b.jpg

PC050065 by rclewen, on Flickr

It rained on and off while we were snorkeling but no one seemed to mind.

After snorkeling the crew served a lunch of fresh bread, cold cuts, fruit and chips and once that was cleaned up we were off to Culebrita (it was still windy and the swells were too big to go to Flamenco Beach). The beach at Culebrita was very nice, and after we were there for an hour or so the sun came out and we had a beautiful afternoon.

We headed back to the marina at about 3:45 and we were back at our hotel by about 5:30. The folks at East Island Excursions were great and the crew on the boat did a fantastic job!

That evening we had 8:00 reservations at Casa Lola, a couple of blocks from the hotel. We were pretty tired so we changed the reservation to 7:00. We cleaned up, changed clothes and started to walk to the restaurant. Halfway there the skies opened up and we had no where to take shelter. By the time we got to the restaurant we were thoroughly soaked. The staff was great and gave us towels to dry off and seated us at the warmest table in the restaurant. The hostess even brought her jacket over for my wife to wear. We were cold but decided to stay and have dinner and we were glad that we did. The food and service were excellent. We started off with the house red sangria, which was very good. My wife had a dish with braised brisket and I had paella. Both were very tasty although the paella didn't have the crispy crust (soccarat) on the bottom that most do.

On Friday our plan was to explore OSJ. We woke to passing rain, sometimes heavy, sometimes light. We enjoyed coffee and a light breakfast on the balcony and were treated to several beautiful rainbows.

11412660073_f544f92112_b.jpg

PC060154 by rclewen, on Flickr

Once it looked like the showers had passed we grabbed a taxi and had the driver take us to El Morro. We decided to start there and work our way downhill. We spent quite a bit of time exploring the fort and even tagged along on a short guided tour that was given by one of the park service personnel.

11412521075_24fea442e1_b.jpg

PC060160 by rclewen, on Flickr

On the walk back from the fort we stopped at several places for pictures.

11412612763_1cf279a0f7_b.jpg

PC060185 by rclewen, on Flickr

11412475896_844135231c_b.jpg

PC060189 by rclewen, on Flickr

11412474686_4ce4cd9811_b.jpg

PC060190 by rclewen, on Flickr

We stopped by Barrachina for a light lunch and a Pina Colada. The menu looked like their dinner menu and was expensive so we chose two appetizers. We weren't impressed with the food but the Pina Coladas were excellent.

11411453753_a23a4fc191_b.jpg

IMG_2588 by rclewen, on Flickr

Continued...

After Barrachine we walked around OSJ, looking in some of the shops. eventually we came across one of the spots that I wanted to stop at was a coffee shop called Cuatro Sombras. The family we met the day before mentioned going there and since I am a coffee geek I had to go. The shop is family owned and the same family owns a coffee farm on Puerto Rico. They roast the coffee in the shop.

11412467876_68658f3cf0_b.jpg

PC060195 by rclewen, on Flickr

I ordered a latte and talked to the barista while he was making drinks for others customers who had ordered before me. While we were talking he gave me a sample espresso shot and it was very good.

11412462756_3a6944190d_b.jpg

PC060198 by rclewen, on Flickr

He was also the roaster and since I roast coffee at home we started up a conversation about their coffee. They don't normally sell the green (unroasted) beans but I talked him into selling me a pound to try at home.

The latte was great and he poured a very detailed rosette on it for me (the lady in front of me got two hearts).

11413561705_e7dc6a3a8a_b.jpg

PC060201 by rclewen, on Flickr

After that we walked some more, stopping at a local bar for a beer and to do some people watching and finally ending up at the Old Harbor Brewery for one of their beers.

11413694243_4b3a5dc336_b.jpg

PC060202 by rclewen, on Flickr

I don't know if it was the best beer in PR, but it was good.

From there we took a taxi back to the hotel to clean up for dinner. We had 8:00 reservations at Marmalade restaurant and we were looking forward to it.

Continued...

I'm loving the pictures! Keep 'em coming!

Thanks for taking the time to post!

Thanks! I hope folks are enjoying this.

Continued...

We took a taxi from the Condado Plaza to Marmalade. Marmalade is in the middle of the construction zone on Fortaleza so the taxi dropped us off about a block away. We were a few minutes early for our reservation so we took a couple of stools at the bar. The bar stools are some sort of stylized pillar with a cushion on top, but they were actually comfortable :) The drink menu at the bar is very creative including drinks like the Global Warming, which has a globe of frozen pepper water in it and the drink gets hotter (spicier) as the ice globe melts. Very clever!

We were soon seated and chose to go with their four course meal with wine pairings. They also offer 5 and 6 course options, but four courses was more than enough. For the first course I chose a yellowtail poke that was served with a light, crispy flat bread and an amazing chilled sake and my wife had the white bean soup.

11411311585_743fe16789_b.jpg

IMG_2595 by rclewen, on Flickr"]11411311585_743fe16789_b.jpg

IMG_2595 by rclewen, on Flickr[/url]

The white bean soup was the star of the evening. All of the food was great, but the white bean soup is flat out amazing. The chef/owner came by as we were finishing that course and my wife joked that she would gladly clean out the soup pots for the recipe. He told us to ask our waitress for the recipe card. Apparently it is so popular that they have card printed up with the recipe!

For the second course we chose gnocchi with beef short ribs and truffle pappardelle with broccoli rabe. Our third course was red snapper and seared scallops and for dessert we tried the banana bread pudding and the Chocolate Tripletta with was a dark chocolate mousse topped with a milk chocolate mousse and a white chocolate whipped cream and crunchy coffee bit. Both desserts were very good but the bread pudding was the better of the two.

During dinner we struck up a conversation with the couple of the table next to ours. It turned out that they were also going on the Summit the next day and the woman was Shell15 here on CC and had started the roll call for our cruise!

After dinner we went to the Marmalade bar and tried a couple of the cocktails and then walked back to the area where the taxi dropped us off and grabbed a taxi back to the ship. We were both pretty tired so we sat on the balcony for a bit and then went to bed.

Next...

We finally start our cruise :D

OK... It's finally cruise day! We got up around 8:00, enjoyed coffee and a light breakfast on the balcony and repacked out stuff. We headed for the port at about 10:15. I had read on CC that the doors at the port were typically opened at 10:30. As we approached the port we got our first look at the Summit...

11411309094_946338893d_b.jpg

IMG_2616 by rclewen, on Flickr

We got there at about 10:35 and there was a line of about 20 - 30 people waiting at the doors. We dropped our bags with the porter and he told us that they would open the door at 11:30. We had already seen OSJ so we decided to wait. They actually opened the doors at about 11 and we were checked in and on the ship by 11:15.

We went up to the pool deck and grabbed a drink and sat for a bit then explored some of the ship...

The Theater...

11413560366_a101304af2_b.jpg

PC070204 by rclewen, on Flickr

Michael's Club...

11413687163_030528df99_b.jpg

PC070207 by rclewen, on Flickr

The Casino...

11413554576_eefd392b3d_b.jpg

PC070208 by rclewen, on Flickr

Crush...

11413683943_5ce0b03b93_b.jpg

PC070209 by rclewen, on Flickr

and the Martini Bar...

11413548445_28f2327d23_b.jpg

PC070211 by rclewen, on Flickr

Continued...

More pictures of the ship...

The staircase in the Atrium...

11413680563_c206621ba8_b.jpg

PC070212 by rclewen, on Flickr

Later in the cruise they would add more decorations to the staircase.

The Solarium and the Thalassotherapy Pool...

11413678973_37c7b8c16d_b.jpg

PC070213 by rclewen, on Flickr

In the Solarium...

11413527546_b5eb076592_b.jpg

PC070230 by rclewen, on Flickr

After walking around for a while we headed to Bistro on Five for lunch. It was fairly crowded and we found out from the folks seated next to us that anyone doing a B2B were given coupons for a free lunch in Bistro on Five on turn around day.

We really enjoyed Bistro on Five and it was probably the best food that we had on the ship. I ordered tomato soup and the Cowboy crepe (Grilled Flank Steak, Spinach, Caramelized Onion, Bacon, Provolone and Blue Cheese Dressing)...

11411301354_198d57fa7a_b.jpg

IMG_2623 by rclewen, on Flickr

My wife order a breakfast crepe with Smoked Applewood Bacon, Scrambled Eggs and Cheddar Cheese but she actually got a crepe with scrambled eggs, spinach, tomatoes and ham...

11411302684_fe0ea276d6_b.jpg

IMG_2622 by rclewen, on Flickr

She enjoyed ti so she decided not to send it back.

Then we shared the Italian dessert crepe (Nutella, Banana and Pistachio)...

11413542736_8a0f910481_b.jpg

PC070217 by rclewen, on Flickr

With the port intensive itinerary we never made it back to Bistro on Five, but in retrospect we should have.

Continued...