Incorrect MIDDLE name on airline booking

PSR

My name on my airline booking is incorrect for my middle name. It is SUSANNE and the airline has it as SUSANN because "there is a letter limit on names". I guess it is 20 letters, so my full name does not show up entirely correctly on my online booking (the first and last are correct). Does anyone know if this will be a problem with the TSA?:confused:

Thanks for any info,

Penny

My name on my airline booking is incorrect for my middle name. It is SUSANNE and the airline has it as SUSANN because "there is a letter limit on names". I guess it is 20 letters, so my full name does not show up entirely correctly on my online booking (the first and last are correct). Does anyone know if this will be a problem with the TSA?:confused:

Thanks for any info,

Penny

Don't worry, it's not a problem at all.

That's what the airline rep told me by phone, but I really didn't believe her....you hear all kinds of stories about misspelled names and such. I don't want to be left at the gate!! Is the real problem with the first and last names incorrect?

Penny

P.S. Thanks for the quick reply!

Edited by PSR

TSA is gaining more common sense instead of robotically following procedures. Upset taxpayers demanded it, and the horror stories you heard a few years back seem to be fewer and farther between. Several months ago on a biz trip, a colleague arrived at the airport with no government-issued photo ID due to a comedy of errors. TSA just asked her a few extra questions and her Costco card with her photo it was good enough.

Edited by kenish

TSA is gaining more common sense instead of robotically following procedures. Upset taxpayers demanded it, and the horror stories you heard a few years back seem to be fewer and farther between. Several months ago on a biz trip, a colleague arrived at the airport with no government-issued photo ID due to a comedy of errors. TSA just asked her a few extra questions and her Costco card with her photo it was good enough.

Wow that is great to know. They must be easing up........:):):)

Wow that is great to know. They must be easing up........:):):)

Your comment did bring up another thought...the US government imposes our domestic security requirements and standards onto other countries when flights are headed to the US or through US airspace. Procedures are probably more unpredictable and often more stringent departing non-US airports.

Edited by kenish

Thanks all for the informative answers! I will quit worrying about THAT issue. Now for the other ones........:D

Penny

Yeah, if your name doesn't fit, it doesn't fit. They can't change the size of the font on the boarding pass to make it fit! Happens all the time.