Environment/milieu NOT food

Thebes

Hello,

I'm asking those of you who tried PG, Tamatind & Canaletto on the Eurodam . Which one would vote for for best restaurant enviro? . Like seats are comfortable , big windows, excellent lighting, Availability of booths, spaciousness and lack of that Gloomy feeling that u see in some restaurants esp when they don't have windows and excellent lighting fixtures. Please note we're not talking about food here. Thank you in advance for sharing your views :):)

Edited by Thebes

Definitely Tamarind. It is quiet and very intimate. The seats are really comfortable and the tables are not packed too close to each other (or at least they weren't on the NA). We dislike the noise and the busy hustle and bustle of the MDR.

We're basically trying to choose one to book online for our last night and we want it to be a memorable night and I think the milieu has a lot to do with it.
Definitely not the Canaletto, and we've never eaten in the E'dam PG. PGs are available on every HAL ship while the Tamarind is only on two, so I suggest that you go there a minimum of one night ... plus we think the atmosphere is just right in them! And visit the Silk Den before or after to make the evening even more memorable. Edited by jtl513

PGs and Canalettos are available on every HAL ship while the Tamarind is only on two, so I suggest that you go there a minimum of one night ... plus we think the atmosphere is just right in them! And visit the Silk Den before or after to make the evening even more memorable.

Thanks John. We booked already 3 nights on Tamarind, 1 PG & 1 Canaletto all before last day of our cruise which is in feb b2b on Eurodam.

We have been to the Tamarind on both the Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam quite a few times.

I would choose the Tamarind over the Pinnacle on this class of ship.

More windows to look out from in the Tamarind.

One thing I do not like about the Vista and Signature class ships concerning the Pinnacle. The front of it is all open and you can hear the Screaming HAL Cats from above you in the Ocean Bar.

Man, I'm really oblivious. I ate lunch in the Pinnacle a few times and I don't remember that décor at all:o. I hadn't even been drinking at that time.

That was at dinner, cruz chic, and I don't know why, but they always stuck us in that dark corner. I imagine it was brighter by a window!:)

BTW, I have a few photos of Canaletto - but really, it was just a bit of the Lido, with tablecloths!

Edited by Vict0riann

We had the opportunity to learn about how so many choices in the decorating, dishes, placemats, lighting, music etc were made for Eurodam's Tamarind. It was very interesting to chat with people who participated and how they made the choices to create the most perfect atmosphere they could.

IMO, they succeeded magnificently.

We think Tamarind a lovely place for relaxing, enjoyable, quality dinner. A delightful evening......

Hello,

I'm asking those of you who tried PG, Tamatind & Canaletto on the Eurodam . Which one would vote for for best restaurant enviro? . Like seats are comfortable , big windows, excellent lighting, Availability of booths, spaciousness and lack of that Gloomy feeling that u see in some restaurants esp when they don't have windows and excellent lighting fixtures. Please note we're not talking about food here. Thank you in advance for sharing your views :):)

We've been on her sister ship, the Nieuw Amsterdam, and loved all three venues. For ambiance, I guess I'd rate them as a tie for Pinnacle and Tamarind...with the runner up being Canaletto.

I recommend you start your eveing with a cocktail/beverage in Silk Den before going very nearby to Tamarind. That lounge is woefully under used and we could not understand why more people didn't stop there. It's terrific IMO

Thank you everyone. I just booked our last night at Tamarind and will take S7S's and JTL's advice for going to silk den before dinner after the thermal suite which happen to come after a relaxed afternoon/early evening @ the retreat cabana :)

We had the opportunity to learn about how so many choices in the decorating, dishes, placemats, lighting, music etc were made for Eurodam's Tamarind. It was very interesting to chat with people who participated and how they made the choices to create the most perfect atmosphere they could.

IMO, they succeeded magnificently.

We think Tamarind a lovely place for relaxing, enjoyable, quality dinner. A delightful evening......

Wow. Thanks Sail. How awesome all the work that went into it. Can't wait to enjoy it. I booked 4 dinners for our b2b due to the wonderful reviews. Maybe I should book more. LoL