Allergic to bath "soap"?

Nanner

Am I the only one who has a reaction to the liquid body wash HAL now puts in the showers? I find it way too harsh on my skin, especially my (cover your eyes if easily offended) "lady parts". :(

I've always received a bar of soap when asked (no issue with that), and had it replaced when needed. After reading some other posts, I'm thinking I may pack my own, just to be safe.

I'm just wondering if others have the same issue with the provided products. The shampoo isn't a problem for me, though I'm not fond of it and usually carry my own.

I don't care for their body wash either. My recent Veendam cruise I had all the 'bar soap' I c ould want. It was in my bathroom when I embarked. I really like that elemis bar soap. I have gotten in the habit of packing a few bars of bath soap when I travel so I know I'll have a soap I like, just in c ase. :)

DH is allergic to many scented products...I travel with my own lotion so he doesn't get itchy nose and eyes when around me. So far HAL products haven't bothered him to the point of needing to use another product, but you never know. I wouldn't have thought of asking the steward for a bar of soap - good information!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No problems here with the Elemis products, either. I like the scent of the products. I do bring my own body lotions though. (Nanner did you get my email about the Baltic?)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Always bring my own shampoo and bar soap. Once I decided to use the Elemis shampoo and conditioner...just to give it a try. Went to dinner and was scratching my scalp, which had become very itchy. Had to wash it all out of my hair before going bed. Decided not to even try the body gel. Stick to my own products. Meanwhile DH has no problem with the products provided.

I always only travel with my own soaps and hair products. I am not sure how or why, however when I use the Hall/Elemis products vs my own "loved products", my hair seems to love the HAL products! Maybe it's the product change but I trend to use the wonderful Elemis products vs those I carried packed while on board the ship!!!

I'm another - we bring our own soap. My husband makes it and it is truly all natural. I do not like perfumed soaps. I keep soap packed for any and all trips I make if it is even for one night.

Very sensible....bring your own.

Whenever I travel, where ever I go, I always bring my own products. Not because of any allergies I have, but because I just prefer it that way. Always have, always will. No biggie. There are times I have used the provided products. Never had a problem. If I did, I would stop using it.

With everything going on in this crazy world, is this all there is to complain about? Be happy you are able to go on a Cruise........

Steiner spas own Elemis. There will be a contract in place for HAL to use their crappy products.

I bring my own shampoo, conditioner, soap and body creams. The Elemis products are so drying and smell awful.

i I was on one NCL cruise and found fhey also providde elemis products for use in the caibins. Steiner runs the spas/salons on a agreat many cru sei lines.

I just noticed this is an old thread.