Not happy with customer service on new reservation

mdmourges

I'm having trouble understanding the "30 days to transfer" a booking to one's TA. Every time I've booked on board, the representative already knew my travel agent, and the booking was entered in their name, with them getting full credit and commssion. Before I even got home, I received email copies of my invoices from my TA.

Perhaps the policy applies to those who never used a TA before?

sent from Galaxy Note 8

If you have a TA, it is transferred immediately. Some people either do not have a TA or are not sure if they want to use their TA and they do not ask that it be transferred immediately.

If you have a TA, it is transferred immediately. Some people either do not have a TA or are not sure if they want to use their TA and they do not ask that it be transferred immediately.

Actually, if you make a new Reservation on the ship, it requires quite some effort NOT to have the Agent who booked your last cruise get credit for it. The default position is that the Agent stays the same.

Actually, if you make a new Reservation on the ship, it requires quite some effort NOT to have the Agent who booked your last cruise get credit for it. The default position is that the Agent stays the same.

Agreed. The point I wanted to make is that, if you had an agent book your current cruise, and you book on board, you should not be concerned about the agent getting the credit -- and the commission -- for your new reservation. You would have to INSIST if you did not want that agent to get the credit.

I understand your frustrations when you were not told the proper policy.

Following are some of O's policies. While these policies relate to transferring from one TA to another, the theme is transfers can be made within 30 days IF final payment had not been made.

4.If a reservation is transferred to another travel agency (or is cancelled and rebooked) within 30 days of the reservation date and before final payment, the receiving travel agency will be paid a 10% commission.

5. If a reservation is transferred to a travel agency (or is cancelled and rebooked) more than 30 days after the booking was made or anytime inside the final payment window, a 10% commission will be paid to the originating travel agency and no commission will be paid to the receiving travel agency.

6. This same policy (numbers 4 and 5 above) will hold for bookings made without an associated travel agency except that when there is a transfer, the receiving travel agency will be paid full commission (instead of 10%) for transfers within 30 days of the reservation date and before final payment.

Linda

I also agree

Transferring to the agent is the default. You have to make a tremendous effort not to have the booking transferred

Travel agents are their partners

Oceania does not want to screw them

In fact, that was a problem that occurred with Renaissance before its demise and Oceania is not interested in going down that path.

I also agree

Transferring to the agent is the default. You have to make a tremendous effort not to have the booking transferred

Travel agents are their partners

Oceania does not want to screw them

In fact, that was a problem that occurred with Renaissance before its demise and Oceania is not interested in going down that path.

I guess my problem was I always used Oceania so I never had a TA, so I missed out on those TA perks because I booked the trip on board in the start of the trip. By the time I got home and spoke to my TA and they talked to Oceania the 30 days were up so it was a no go even the trip was still 11 months off. So now that the trip is just 2 months away, is paid in full let's get back to the subject of this post, poor customer service. Oceania, will you PLEASE PICK UP THE PHONE!!!, if you do not have enough reps just let me know so I can transfer the booking like I wanted to 11 months ago!!!

just let me know so I can transfer the booking like I wanted to 11 months ago!!!

To be specific, Oceania will never block you from transferring your booking to any Travel Agent.

If said Agent has no interest in accepting your booking because the commission does not come along with it, then that is a matter for you and that Agent to discuss. Even if this voyage brings no immediate compensation, one hopes that a good agent would have one eye toward the future.

That said, an Agent requiring that each and every interaction with you translates into potential profit may also be a brilliant barometer of how that Agent will guide your business in future.

There is a good deal of highly commissionable drek out there. Caveat Emptor

Edited by JimandStan

To be specific, Oceania will never block you from transferring your booking to any Travel Agent.

If said Agent has no interest in accepting your booking because the commission does not come along with it, then that is a matter for you and that Agent to discuss. Even if this voyage brings no immediate compensation, one hopes that a good agent would have one eye toward the future.

That said, an Agent requiring that each and every interaction with you translates into potential profit may also be a brilliant barometer of how that Agent will guide your business in future.

Perfectly stated!

A lot has been said about agents, Oceania T&C, etc, thanks for all the help and advice. Now for the real question. How to get Oceania to answer the phone in a reasonable amount of time rather Than having you on hold and then hanging

up. If I should expect my TA to handle my affairs for free is it too much to expect Oceania to handle them for the fee already paid in full or to subcontract it to another that can handle it. Is that really such a outrageous request?

Many of the current O offers "expire" as of December 31, 2013 and no doubt this has resulted in a very tight calling situation. Sort of resembles calling the IRS just before taxes are due.

Great observation

Although if u have a ta u don't have to worry about getting through

Many of the current O offers "expire" as of December 31, 2013 and no doubt this has resulted in a very tight calling situation. Sort of resembles calling the IRS just before taxes are due.

Do you really think anyone really believes these offers will expire any more than free air and two for one!!!?

Do you really think anyone really believes these offers will expire any more than free air and two for one!!!?

The free gratuities and free internet will be gone. Will they come back? For some sailings that don't sell well, probably. But not for all sailings

You might have gotten in the middle of the Texas ice storm which stranded passengers both returning and en route to South America.

There was extreme traffic.

I always use a TA so I do not have much personal experience about contacting O office and wait times but from reading on these boards over the years I gather that this is not a new issue and not necessarily related to any emergency.

The free gratuities and free internet will be gone. Will they come back? For some sailings that don't sell well, probably. But not for all sailings

Their not on all sailings now, it was never offered for our trip coming in March. I expect they will follow the same pattern in the coming year.

The rep you first spoke to SHOULD have told you that booking the way you did, with full payment due NOW, that you wouldn't be able to transfer the booking to your TA.

Mura

Not sure why you say this. OP made it clear the booking CAN be transferred. The TA's commission is the problem, and I agree that this info should also be passed on to the passenger.

Since they apparently record all conversations "for quality purposes" I would insist that they retrieve the tape of your call where the agent said you had 30 days to transfer the booking to your TA.

He/she did have 30 days, as told.

Their not on all sailings now, it was never offered for our trip coming in March. I expect they will follow the same pattern in the coming year.

Available on sailings that are sure to sell out -- such as Cape Town to Singapore Jan 2015 -- unheard of in the past -- this is what will change.

The perks may, or may not continue. We certainly enjoyed them on our recent Nautica adventure.

One must remember O has an additional 684 berths to fill come May (?) when Insignia returns to service. The attraction of the perks may bump people to book that extra capacity, thereby smoothing O's transition from 4 to 5 ships. Yes, the round-the-world trip was a brilliant move, but there are 684 VERY loyal O folks who won't be available for other cruises for that six months, so their loss to the other ships must be accounted for. Perks may attract those on the fence, maybe some who have never sailed O before, giving the company the opportunity to gain new, hopefully loyal customers.

So, we'll just have to wait and see if the perks continue. Only time will tell.

Edited by TKS

Available on sailings that are sure to sell out -- such as Cape Town to Singapore Jan 2015 -- unheard of in the past -- this is what will change.

I would of thought this would be on sailings that are a hard sell, not the ones sure to sell out, live and learn, thanks for the heads up!!! If you have an inside track tell FDR for me to please ask his reps to answer the phone. Thanks.

Tom

The perks may, or may not continue. We certainly enjoyed them on our recent Nautica adventure.

One must remember O has an additional 684 berths to fill come May (?) when Insignia returns to service. The attraction of the perks may bump people to book that extra capacity, thereby smoothing O's transition from 4 to 5 ships. Yes, the round-the-world trip was a brilliant move, but there are 684 VERY loyal O folks who won't be available for other cruises for that six months, so their loss to the other ships must be accounted for. Perks may attract those on the fence, maybe some who have never sailed O before, giving the company the opportunity to gain new, hopefully loyal customers.

So, we'll just have to wait and see if the perks continue. Only time will tell.

Agree - well said.