Bermuda on Summit June 2014

pema

Planning on a family cruise..2 Cabins with 2adults each cabin and 2 children in 1 cabin & 1child in the other

Any advice on when to start planning this for the best rates ?

I see this cruise same timeframe 2013 rates dropped after final payments were due for a brief window of time..is this a given

Planning on a family cruise..2 Cabins with 2adults each cabin and 2 children in 1 cabin & 1child in the other

I see this cruise same timeframe 2013 rates dropped after final payments were due for a brief window of time..is this a given

Price drops are not a given. Also, are you booking 4 people in one room and 3 people in another room? If so, booking last minute may not be an option, as the rooms that are left may not accommodate this many people. During summer, you will find more families traveling, so rooms that will fit 3 or 4 people will book up quickly. The rooms that are left may only accommodate 2 people...

Hello Pema,

Rates typically drop on all cruise lines once the final payment is due, but, you are really gambling that there will be decent cabins left in the location you want, if at all.

Look at a cruise booking search engine and see the rates for yourself. Once school lets out they are more expensive. Early June prices in $819 for an ocean view cabin and $1,100 for a balcony. If you go with an inside cabin they will run $589 to $669 in that time frame.

I would book the cabins now and watch the rates, if you see any price fluctuations call your travel agent and have your prices adjusted.

Good Luck,

Jonathan

Hello Pema,

Rates typically drop on all cruise lines once the final payment is due, but, you are really gambling that there will be decent cabins left in the location you want, if at all.

Look at a cruise booking search engine and see the rates for yourself. Once school lets out they are more expensive. Early June prices in $819 for an ocean view cabin and $1,100 for a balcony. If you go with an inside cabin they will run $589 to $669 in that time frame.

I would book the cabins now and watch the rates, if you see any price fluctuations call your travel agent and have your prices adjusted.

Good Luck,

Jonathan

I agree with everything but what is in red. We normally go to Bermuda every year and prices do not necessarily drop on this itinerary, it is quite popular. In fact, I have seen prices go up.;)

My opinion only.....but of what sails out of NY/NJ to Bermuda, The "Summitt" would be my first choice, and it would be with other cruiser as well. Let alone the price going down after final payment date, it just might be sold out by final payment date on certain sailings. And as others have stated, cabins for 3 and 4 are limited and may not be available at all come final payment date. If you are comfortable with a rate offered now, book it. Also, I'd work with a TA and ask, "if the rate goes down after I've booked, am I entitled to the difference?"