Best trip for stingrays in GC.......

123linz123

We rented jetski's with FATFISH Tours and it was awesome!! So glad we didn't book a trip on a boat as they were all packed!!! 3 jetski's, 6 people in our party, 2 jetski's with 4 people in the other party on our tour plus the tour guide. When we got off our jetski our guide brought us to our own little spot with just the 11 of us while people on the boats looked like sardines, both on the boat and in the water, they were fighting over trying to get close to the stingrays while we all each had a turn feeding, petting and posing for pictures. Great day, thanks Brian!!!

Pay It Forward. Be kind.

Moby Dick's was awsome

I 2nd the recommendation for Moby Dick. They took us snorkeling before we went to the stingrays as the area was crowded, one of the guides had an eel he would coax out of a bush and would play with it. When we were done snorkeling they took us to the stingrays and it was nice, only 15 of us on the boat and there was only 1-2 other small boats there.

I have my complete review done with Nativeway if you are interested in viewing it HERE. Just make sure you look for the right post number. It starts around 318.

I have TONS of pictures in the review from that day.

This might help you get a better idea of the excursion with Nativeways and what to expect. :)

I went on the Allure a few years ago, and it was very crowded,

I am looking for something with fewer people if possible.

Any help would be great.

Thank you

If you guys are planning on swimming with the stingrays you must try the Buccaneer Catamaran :D. You'll have a great time and the price is right compared to Carnival. As soon as you get off the dock take a left and walk about 2 short blocks, and a scenic bus ride (included in price:)) takes you directly to the boat dock. Anyway, the directions and information are on this site.

http://www.caymanislandsdiscounts.co..._Excursion.htm

It was $39., looks like they just upped it a few weeks ago to $45, maybe because of the Christmas holiday. Still worth it!:)

We have done this 3x and would do it again. Also note the other excursions on this helpful site. We have done the Rhino Riders in St Maarten and most recently the Tiki Tour to Pinel Island. Island Marketing is a class act, and no, I am not affiliated or get any commision - just trying to be helpful. We will be using their site when cruising later this March to the Western Carib.

I have my complete review done with Nativeway if you are interested in viewing it HERE. Just make sure you look for the right post number. It starts around 318.

I have TONS of pictures in the review from that day.

This might help you get a better idea of the excursion with Nativeways and what to expect. :)

Thanks for the review. I was waiting for your opinion before I booked for the family in March. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. :)

Thanks for the review. I was waiting for your opinion before I booked for the family in March. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. :)

It was awesome and our best day of the cruise IMO. I wouldn't hesitate to book with them again...and again...and again. :D

It was awesome and our best day of the cruise IMO. I wouldn't hesitate to book with them again...and again...and again. :D

I contacted them through their website last night and hope that they have room for our Mar 9th Breeze cruise. Thanks again for the review.

I contacted them through their website last night and hope that they have room for our Mar 9th Breeze cruise. Thanks again for the review.

Hopefully they will. Sharon is usually pretty good at getting back to you fairly quickly. Have a great time. :)

Just returned from Cayman port call. Can't recommend more highly Sail with Friends

http://www.sailwithfriendscayman.com

sailwithfriendscayman@gmail.com

Alice is your captain. This is a private 40' sailboat 1/2 day tour (other tours available) for a maximum 8 people. Their site shows a price of $450 total, which includes everything. They take you to an area away from the sandbar, where you will be the only boat around. The area was full of stingrays, and one of the crew will join you in the water to help feed them with you, bring them to you, and keep you comfortable. Tons of other tropical fish and coral. Then its off to an area closer to the reef for snorkeling and admiring the fish and coral. No stingrays in this part. Finally, a generous fresh fruit plate, and back to the pier.

These are genuine people, interested in your having a personalized experience. It was the highlight of our cruise, and I can't recommend them more highly.

How do you book Moby Dick Tours? I am trying to reserve a spot on their website but cannot complete the transaction. Can you just get off the ship and book then?

I think it depends on how many people they have booked. Out last trip with them, 2 ships cancelled and we went on a different day so they told us to invite anyone we met as they were going to have a lot of openings.

We did our tour with Moby Dick and will be doing it again in April. What makes them different from many tours is that they do not require you to pay online before you go. I think it is because GC is one of the ports that regularly gets by-passed because of choppy seas. You just go to their kiosk in the port and your name is on the list to go on that tour.

If you do book but change your mind, as a courtesy, they like you to advise them so they can add new people to the tour who just show up. It's a win-win for everyone since you don't need to go through the hassle of getting a refund and they don't have to do the paperwork.

Again, if you want a great trip without the crowds but a little more adventure then go with FATFISH TOURS. They were awesome and it was 6 of us on 3 jetski's and another party of 5 on 3 jetski's. Just pleasant with our guide Brian and the 11 of us while all the other boats around had alot of people on them. Upside of our trip was we were a small group and everyone of us got to hold, feed, kiss and get a back rub from 'Freckles", while other tours some people couldn't get close enough to touch a stingray, never mind hold or feed one.

Pay It Forward. Be kind.

I don't mean to hijack, but was wondering something:

I just put in a, I guess, request with NativeWay for our trip at the end of Feb, as there'll be three ships in port that day. Since you're not paying for anything up front in this instance, how do you pay? At the pier, do you pay by card closer to the excursion date?

Also, we're leaving out of NOLA so CST, but Grand Cayman is on EST... but then the GC port Authority arrival/departure times match what carnival.com says for my itinerary. Pretty much, does carnival.com list the local time on the itinerary, but there's CST for ship time; or is it more like GCPA just didn't convert the arrival/departure time to their time. This is my first time doing excursions from a third party, so I just want to clarify things asap so we don't miss anything/aren't standing around for an hour waiting.

I don't mean to hijack, but was wondering something:

I just put in a, I guess, request with NativeWay for our trip at the end of Feb, as there'll be three ships in port that day. Since you're not paying for anything up front in this instance, how do you pay? At the pier, do you pay by card closer to the excursion date?

Also, we're leaving out of NOLA so CST, but Grand Cayman is on EST... but then the GC port Authority arrival/departure times match what carnival.com says for my itinerary. Pretty much, does carnival.com list the local time on the itinerary, but there's CST for ship time; or is it more like GCPA just didn't convert the arrival/departure time to their time. This is my first time doing excursions from a third party, so I just want to clarify things asap so we don't miss anything/aren't standing around for an hour waiting.

They collect the money for the tour after it is over. You come back from the boat to get in the taxi and that's when they collect the money. :)

I am terrible with the whole time change thing, so can't answer that for you. I just know that I kept my watch on ship time and then I confirmed with the ship what time it actually was in Cayman (to see if they were off an hour or not). :)

They collect the money for the tour after it is over. You come back from the boat to get in the taxi and that's when they collect the money. :)

I am terrible with the whole time change thing, so can't answer that for you. I just know that I kept my watch on ship time and then I confirmed with the ship what time it actually was in Cayman (to see if they were off an hour or not). :)

Can you use a credit card? I'm going to book with them based on your review!