When should Celebrity or any cruise company disclose ...

aquaclass

If a travel agency was to "reserve" a large block of rooms, how would the cruise company know if it was for a "group" or just for their sale purposes??

They would only know if the information was given to them in regards to booking space/areas for events, etc.:D

They would only know if the information was given to them in regards to booking space/areas for events, etc.:D

Which to me is the critical issue, the further restriction of public space. Already seeing more of Captain's Club taking over more/larger areas due to its success. Not that I am complaining about that. :roll eyes:

Personally, they could fix the issue by NOT reserving/restricting public venues during that venues prime time.

We were part of a large group of Crown and Anchor Diamond/Diamond plus members and had a whole lounge reserved for us each night of cruise, so I was part of the problem/issue I am arguing they should change. :eek:

Which to me is the critical issue, the further restriction of public space. Already seeing more of Captain's Club taking over more/larger areas due to its success. Not that I am complaining about that. :roll eyes:

Personally, they could fix the issue by NOT reserving/restricting public venues during that venues prime time.

We were part of a large group of Crown and Anchor Diamond/Diamond plus members and had a whole lounge reserved for us each night of cruise, so I was part of the problem/issue I am arguing they should change. :eek:

Having one lounge reserved for a short period each day isn't really a problem.

And , it also serves as almost free advertising for the Cruise Line - "These people are in here because they've cruised with us a lot. You, too, could be in here if you do the same." ;) :)

And , it also serves as almost free advertising for the Cruise Line - "These people are in here because they've cruised with us a lot. You, too, could be in here if you do the same." ;) :)

true and I have to have something to aspire to even if it is to get into a crowded room of other elite/diamond/etc cruisers.:D

I am in there. ;) I think Celebrity and Royal have had so much success in the promotion of their programs and thus some of the issues.

The lounge was off limits from 4:30 pm (opened at 5:00 pm but they cleared everyone out to set up) till 8:00 pm each night on our sailing. Would have hated to be on a TA with even more Elites and now Elite Plus on Celebrity or Diamond and Diamond Plus on Royal TA.

I am within 2 cruises of being Diamond Plus and Elite Plus on my own on each cruise line. Hmmmmm..... I need to get booking for that extra perk! :)

I am in there. ;) I think Celebrity and Royal have had so much success in the promotion of their programs and thus some of the issues.

The lounge was off limits from 4:30 pm (opened at 5:00 pm but they cleared everyone out to set up) till 8:00 pm each night on our sailing. Would have hated to be on a TA with even more Elites and now Elite Plus on Celebrity or Diamond and Diamond Plus on Royal TA.

I am within 2 cruises of being Diamond Plus and Elite Plus on my own on each cruise line. Hmmmmm..... I need to get booking for that extra perk! :)

which way will you go, X or RCI?:D

when is a group not a group?

Our worst was a group that was not a group - 2 planes chartered from Mexico - not a set group but it was like being swarmed out of a place - between 9.30 and 11 over 200 people would arrive at the bar and everyone else was pushed out

So, not being an official group, even if celebrity did select to tell people of groups, this one would not count

We have to take what is on the same cruise and still enjoy ourselves

A couple of years ago there were many complaints about perhaps one of the most innocuous groups you could have on a cruise, the American Girl Dolls. I remember people were furious because the girls were sitting in the buffet with their dolls next to them taking up seats and doing the same in the theater. Apparently the parents thought this was all fun.

A lot will depend on how large the group will be, there have been complaints that groups take up the entire late seating, close substantial numbers of rooms, etc

Although a little different small groups can cause problems, there were reports of really poor behavior by a large family who were huge stockholders. Affected people all over the ship as they felt they could do anything.

We were on that cruise and had a table at the MDR not far from those girls. We had no problems with them. The girls were all well mannered and were hardly noticed throughout the ship, at least by us.

Just did this for our upcoming Reflection cruise and the results are interesting. Apparently there there is both a "church group" and a "knitting group"! I'm hopeful this may result in shorter waits at the bar ;). However, I am concerned that the knitters (knit wits?) may have their needles confiscated upon boarding (according to reports posted in a recent thread about disallowed items). Was also pleased to hear I will not be part of the Oak Ridge Boys "Rally at Sea II Cruise" which is on the ship the week prior.

It is the knitters that you have to watch out for......

I hope the ship will be "deep cleaned" after the knitters cruise.......

Some of you might remember a post like this from last year.......

It is the knitters that you have to watch out for......

I hope the ship will be "deep cleaned" after the knitters cruise.......

Some of you might remember a post like this from last year.......

I don't mind knitters, at least they are entertaining as they spin a good yarn.:p

Does anyone know of a cruise line that will let you change your loyalty? For example, if I'm a Gold member on Carnival, and Carnival owns Holland, why couldn't I change my VIFP status from Carnival over to Holland? Let's say you could only do this once in, say, a 5 year period. (to prevent abuse of switching back and forth) I'd really rather go with Celebrity, but they are owned by RCCL and I don't think they would go for it. LOL But on the other side of the coin, if I changed loyalty programs, it only stands to reason that I am ready to book all my new cruises, (2 or 3 per year), with the cruise lines that accepts my change. Just a thought.

We have experienced large groups twice, one was a country western music themed cruise (would have liked to know that in advance, we are not country western music fans, most entertainment that cruise featured this music); second large group was a medical conference.... impacted the MDR as folks seemed to congregated at tables and talk with each other for extended periods of time. I would like to avoid large groups, if possible.

Fortunately, we don't do a lot of 7 day cruises - large groups are more typical on shorter cruises.

Hello Celebrity:

Why not post the time a particular venue is off limits to most passengers for any private party?

To anyone reading:

Have you seen "Rolling Thunder" with millions of bikers in DC on Memorial Day?

My thanks to the bikers.

Penny

Edited by PinotBlanc

We have experienced large groups twice, one was a country western music themed cruise (would have liked to know that in advance, we are not country western music fans, most entertainment that cruise featured this music); second large group was a medical conference.... impacted the MDR as folks seemed to congregated at tables and talk with each other for extended periods of time. I would like to avoid large groups, if possible.

Fortunately, we don't do a lot of 7 day cruises - large groups are more typical on shorter cruises.

I am with you on that. I do not particularly like country or western music.:p

I am with you on that. I do not particularly like country or western music.:p

Are you okay with bystanders bending over when talking to somebody at the next table?:eek:

I agree w/Penny that the reservation signs should show the block of time the space is reserved. Another nice touch is a general designation like "heavy breathers group 1-3pm", or "bend & stretch group 5-8pm".

jls

Are you okay with bystanders bending over when talking to somebody at the next table?:eek:

I agree w/Penny that the reservation signs should show the block of time the space is reserved. Another nice touch is a general designation like "heavy breathers group 1-3pm", or "bend & stretch group 5-8pm".

jls

Definitely not, the MDR is tight enough as it is, certainly someone can stop and say hi but then organise a time to meet after dinner. I have occasionally seen a friend and stopped to say, 'we will be in the passport bar, come past and we can have a chat'.:D

I had a look through the categories and I was surprised at how many "luxury" lines had theme/groups on them and also surprised at so few Celebrity compared to the other mainstream lines:confused: That's good:D

I was looking at another group site suggested by someone on this message board and X had every week except one booked by Motorcycle group cruises spread over their fleet, during the winter and spring months and into summer. RCL as well. So there's revenue in booking these.

We were on the Equinox for a motorcycle cruise as well. They were so nice and you didn't even know there was a group onboard except for our cabin happened to overlook the hatch in which they all rode out every day.

My DH actually wears his hat backwards at times and people seemed to think we were in that group because of the way he dressed. He took it as a compliment as they really caused no issues at all and were very interesting. They gave us tips on where to go on each island in case were are ever to return.

We were on Norwegian on an all gay cruise one time and things were out of hand from day one. It seems like the big groups feel empowered on how to act in which ever manner they choose. I don't want to see anyone making out by the pool -- straight or gay. That is what your stateroom is for. These men were grabbing at the waiters crotches and rubbing up against them -- taking them by surprise. As I mentioned, gay or straight -- unacceptable behavior by these passengers. If I'd have known it was going to be a group cruise, and should have done my research, I would have booked something else.

You are telling us the cruise line allowed criminal sexual assault on crew members with no reaction. What was the cruise date, I would like to see the many other outraged posters on that cruise.

You are telling us the cruise line allowed criminal sexual assault on crew members with no reaction. What was the cruise date, I would like to see the many other outraged posters on that cruise.

Sometimes it is the behaviour of a few that gets noticed the most.:(