Sandi Patty and Friends, Inspiration cruises,Nieuw Amsterdam Feb 23-March2,2014

Cruizann

My DH and I were thinking of booking this cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam from February 23-March 2, 2014 and we just noticed that a group, Sandi Patty and Friends of Inspiration Cruises will be on board. We wondered if anyone might know how large this group might be? As always your advise is appreciated.

Not sure on that one, but if you call the organizers of a specialty cruise you can usually ask them. Sorry I can't help more on that one :)

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

Thank you Homeschoolmamma for your help. That is a large group.

She is a five time grammy singer and yes she sings gospel. In addition there are several other grammy winning gospel artists on board. Why book? It is uplifting and something different than the normal cruise agenda. I guess that it helps there are so many cruise options available as then there is something we both can find to meet our interests. My question was seeking those who specifically decided to go on the cruise with Sandi and friends. Not necessarily for someone to condemn me for choosing to do so. I truly hope you enjoy whatever cruise meets your interests and I will continue to look forward to this cruise.

Wow. I am really sorry you feel that way. It seems you really have a disdain for christians. Whatever caused that I am sorry for that too. Unfortunately christians are human like everyone else, and we do not always act the right way. I would venture to guess you would be hard pressed to find anyone who lives entirely consistent with their beliefs. But, irregardless, I apologize on behalf of whoever made you feel such distrust. I really do hope you have a fun cruise, whichever one you choose!

On my first cruise there was a Christian group on board (not sure who). Everyone was extremely friendly and I never noticed any one trying to push their views. I think that the group was about 1/3 of the passengers. They had their own things to do and I didn't have to change any of my plans because of them.

I had a great first cruise and it was likely the first cruise for some members of the group. That cruise likely introduced many to cruising and HAL.

Just because you are booked on a cruise that has another large group on it, doesn't mean that you can attend their meetings/concerts. Just be aware of that. Sometimes they will only allow those guests that paid the money and booked through the specific agency running the group to attend. If it's important for you to attend these concerts and meetings, I would recommend switching your reservation over to Inspiration if you are not already past any penalties and they still have room in their group. We have encountered this in the past, so just a fair warning.

Never heard of her. Would not bother us whatsoever.

We never talk about religion, politics, sex, or money on cruise. If others do, we either shut it down or go somewhere else. It does not work given that there are so many people from different backgrounds, beliefs, and countries of origin.

than a gospel singer. Too many of the followers might try to press their beliefs on other passengers.

I'm a smart and self-assured person. I have nothing to fear from others beliefs, no one is tricking me.

My bet is there is plenty of room on this cruise ship for everyone. I also bet that the Sandi Patti followers will be as polite and respectful as any other traveler.

Reading this thread reminded me that our recent New Year's cruise on the Westerdam was partially chartered by a religious group. I had actually forgotten because except for the first day or so when I met a few at lunch and at the muster I was never really aware of them. They had their own meetings and I believe they had their own New Year's Eve celebration in the Crow's Nest (non-alcoholic). There were a lot of them, I think about a thousand. Is it possible that some people didn't want to sail with a religious group and that is why we got the fantastic upgrade to a Neptune Suite? If so I'm quite grateful.

St. Louis Sal

PS: Think the group was called Turning Point.

PPS: Love Sandi Patti and would like to be on that cruise. Does anyone know if she performs for the ship as a whole or only for her group?

I will be sailing on this cruise along with my husband. We found out about the group onboard while doing research for this cruise. While I don't care for Sandi Patty's style of music (too Broadway-ish, dramatic) we share the same faith, so it is all good. :)